Current COSTCO Universal Studios offer in Southern CA?

19Pez76

Earning My Ears
Hello,

Does anyone know or has seen what current Universal Studios Hollywood tickets are being offered now in southern California Costco stores? During the summer it's usually a discounted 2 or 5 day pass, just wondering if it's back and what the price and number of days are? Thanks!

I remember seeing it last time I was at my local (Carlsbad) Costco. I think it was $64.99 for 2 days.

Have you looked at the USH site? They are offering 2nd day free tickets.

http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/tickets/type/special-offers-outer/

Yes I checked, but no mention of Costco discounts, and usually the Costco promos are great and better than what USH has to offer, expect if it's a buy one day and get the rest of the year free.

@mrstrong : ok thank you. I think the best thing to do is to call and ask. I'm in northern California and stopped by a Costco today, they don't have them on the floor for some reason but turns out my Costco has 2 day USH tickets for I believe the same price. I once noticed that northern CA Costco stores were offering 2 days tickets, and at the same time southern CA stores had 5 day tickets for the exact same price which is I wanted to find out about stores in that area.

I'll call and find out but thanks for the info!

I'm back from my trip and now have an answer to my question! Southern and possibly central California Costcos are selling annual passes for $69, good for one full year. We purchased ours in Bakersfield I believe. You do not have to be a resident of the area, there are blockout dates but they seem ok, not too excessive. Way better than our northern California Costco offer of 2 days for $64, if you purchase tickets at the ticket booth one day is about $80, and the pass I think is $99.

Pretty crowded on the days that I went, Saturday July 21st and Tuesday July 24th. The Costco tickets do have to be processed at the Annual Pass processing center there at USH.

Does anyone know if they fingerprint you the very first time you use these tickets?? I just purchased someone's used tickets that they bought from costco and they swear they never got fingerprinted, but my sis just went in June and says they do....
I don't want to get all the way there and not have a costco around to run and get new tickets at if this is the case.
PLEASE HELP!

Does anyone know if they fingerprint you the very first time you use these tickets?? I just purchased someone's used tickets that they bought from costco and they swear they never got fingerprinted, but my sis just went in June and says they do....
I don't want to get all the way there and not have a costco around to run and get new tickets at if this is the case.
PLEASE HELP!

Hi, yes they do the fingerprint scan each time you enter and even if it's your first time using a ticket. Some exceptions would be if the person is in a wheelchair or mobility scooter and can't reach the scanner, but in that case they often will ask to see the person's ID. We always purchase from Costco, my mom travels in a scooter and can't reach the scanner, I just asked her right now and she said yes they usually ask to see her ID. We were there a few days ago and she had trouble finding her ID, she was then asked to confirm the name on the pass and that got her in -- the checker said her name was very unique and hard to make up :goodvibes.

I'm not sure how effective or accurate the scanner is, but if they have issues I'm assuming they would resort to checking your ID. See with the Costco tickets you have to exchanged them at the Annual Pass center where you will receive the actual Universal Studios tickets, a first and last name is printed on them. Do yours have a name printed on them? Well I guess you can try it anyway and say you don't have ID if asked, just remember the name on it. The worst that can happen is they won't let you in, I don't think they'll take the tickets, and maybe you can wait a bit and try a different attendant. If not then yes I do believe there's a Costco somewhere in the area. Only Costco stores in Central and Southern CA have really good Universal Studios deals, Northern CA are pretty bad.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter