CURRENT Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received a package of pins I purchased from a seller on Amazon. They are 100% fake. The seller has refunded my money (after I said that selling counterfeit items is fraud and I will be handing them in to the police). He's also promised to remove his listing from Amazon but I see it still there. He was reported to Amazon and I believe they will take him down.
Is there a way to report these people to Disney? I tried the email in the first thread and it bounced back.
Seller name : Eshopic.
Here's the listing http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B008GO6K6U/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Had a run in with main.street.mania recently before I found this thread. Purchased a lot of 25, ALL of which were fake. Very sad and upset. Contacted ebay to let them know. They (main.street.mania) refunded all of our money and said that we could keep the pins (no big surprise there) and that "it is a grab bag and may contain factory seconds" and then that they don't sell fake pins... except that's what factory seconds are, right? If their listing said anything about "factory seconds" I wouldn't have even looked twice at it.

And now I feel like I need to be very careful while trading in the park. I will have my smart phone in hand and be checking pinpins and dizpins with each trade I make.

Disney does not offer factory seconds so any listing that says that will have scrappers, yes, that's what scrappers are. lol Keep the reports coming in, they are very valuable!

icebaay - All fakes! I purchased 4 pins but all were bent or dirty in one way or another. 3 out of 4 of them were counterfeit and the fourth one was a scrapper. Very disappointing... However, when I brought it up to the seller, they refunded right away.

j-unit-007 - Real! I've purchased 4 pins from them and they're all authentic Disney Land Paris pins :3

Just bought more pins from bizzybee1 and as usual they were great. Right now she is having a deal for 25 pin lots and I just ordered a set, which is my first time not ordering individual pins so I am hoping for the best.

Also a random question for you disney traders. Do many of you trade with other random individuals in the park like yourself? My last visit I had just started my pin craze and couldnt tell if many people really actually were open to trading with one another (aside from the cute little kids that come up to you)... which btw had the cutest and sadest experience when the most adorable girl came up to me and asked to trade for one of my favorite pins I had come across...I had to say yes of course, so sad to lose it, but happy to make her day :)

Just bought more pins from bizzybee1 and as usual they were great. Right now she is having a deal for 25 pin lots and I just ordered a set, which is my first time not ordering individual pins so I am hoping for the best.

Also a random question for you disney traders. Do many of you trade with other random individuals in the park like yourself? My last visit I had just started my pin craze and couldnt tell if many people really actually were open to trading with one another (aside from the cute little kids that come up to you)... which btw had the cutest and sadest experience when the most adorable girl came up to me and asked to trade for one of my favorite pins I had come across...I had to say yes of course, so sad to lose it, but happy to make her day :)

I Have purchased from bizzybee1 and have had no problems. I only keep the pins on my lanyard that I want to trade. I keep my keepers in a pouch in my bag, that way, there is no disappointments or the possibility of loosing them.

Yes I trade with individuals in the parks as well as CM's. Kids and adults alike. I guess I'm meaner than you are, if someone (even a kid) asks for one of my keepers (and yes, I display some of my favorite pins on my lanyard(s)) I say sorry, that's a keeper and not for trade.

Yes I trade with individuals in the parks as well as CM's. Kids and adults alike. I guess I'm meaner than you are, if someone (even a kid) asks for one of my keepers (and yes, I display some of my favorite pins on my lanyard(s)) I say sorry, that's a keeper and not for trade.

Love it! Well I can't wait for my trip then next month, I'll have to get more adventurous with trading, as well as more firm on my keeps...learning as I go! Thanks as usual guys/gals

Just thought I would let people know about another person selling from Utah. I think they are all related and selling bad pins. I have purchased pin from several different people from Utah. They all sent the same pins all fakes or scrappers and even thought they have different towns on Ebay they all came from the same town with the same hand writing. Just wanted to make people aware of this. The new name is uterebel54

How do you know if the pins are bad? Scraperrs? I also bought some from Disney.crazy and now I'm concered the pins aren't good. What do I do and how do I check? TIApopcorn::

Edit: I just emailed them thru eBay. Ugh not happy. Should have known.

What do you mean by "aren't good"? :confused3

Meaning that the pins are fake. Not authentic disney tradable pins.

By not authentic, do you mean they do not have a Disney copywright mark on the pin, or are not made in China, or are not made by the same company that makes the "authentic" pins or are regularly confiscated by CMs when you attempt to trade them?

Mike

By not authentic, do you mean they do not have a Disney copywright mark on the pin, or are not made in China, or are not made by the same company that makes the "authentic" pins or are regularly confiscated by CMs when you attempt to trade them?

Mike

Fake. As in counterfeit. As in the Disney copyright mark is not authorized by Disney, as in made out of different (cheaper) materials, as in Disney did not authorize or get licensing fee for their use. Cheap imitations. Like a fake "designer" watch sold on a streetcorner.

Does anyone have a good source for the locking backs for the pins? We have purchased some at the parks but thought I would try to get some more before our trip.

TIA

I really wish I knew about this post before buying my pins from disney.crazy. I have a pending case against him or her.

I have bought from and had good experience with these two sellers.
davemegapawn
hppydiztrader <-- On the list ºoº

Does anyone have experience with the eBay seller mousedreams?
For come reason I have them in my list of saved sellers on eBay with a note that says "May have scrappers" but I can find no record of a purchase from them so I don't know why I put them in my saved sellers or why I put the note. Sorry.

I only bought one pin from mousedreams, and it is lighter in weight and bolder in color than my original. It looks and feels like a scrapper or maybe a counterfeit, but I've never seen anyone else selling this pin on eBay so I can't be sure. They gave me a partial refund and offered full refund if I exchanged it. I left positive feedback but I probably wouldn't buy from again and I definitely won't trade pin.

Also, I have bought bought a couple single pins (new) and new booster and lanyard sets, from gomf03. One pin was even an AP. All are authentic, but worth noting, most were open edition or LE 1000+. I was weary about this seller at first, but once I inspected the pins, I was happy.

I also have bought a lot from robertpruden. I know he buys pins from other sellers, but all of the pins I've gotten have been authentic. I got a few AP's from him, as well. I noticed he wasn't on the list, but has anyone else had experience buying from him?

Also, thank you SupernaturalMommy & MountNittany for putting this together over the years!

Also, I have bought bought a couple single pins (new) and new booster and lanyard sets, from gomf03. One pin was even an AP. All are authentic, but worth noting, most were open edition or LE 1000+. I was weary about this seller at first, but once I inspected the pins, I was happy.

I think gomf03 and Sweet's Collectables are one and the same. I am not sure about buying from them since it was mentioned to stay away from those that sell in lots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter