Current Magical Beginnings promotion with Direct

Is the benefit of the using Disney visa also that it then delays your closing so you have the potential for better incentives?

Yes it’s the Chase Disney Visa and yes it already has 6 months zero interest. They have an offer on through the end of June for zero interest and zero plan fees for the first, “My Chase Plan” set up. I’ve never done one but from what I’m reading it’s a zero interest, zero fee on 1st plan set up prior to June 30 and it’s installment over however many months u want (up to 24 months).
Thanks! I will need to look into this.

Is the benefit of the using Disney visa also that it then delays your closing so you have the potential for better incentives?

The delay in closing happens when you ask DVC to delay charging your CC, no matter which one it is. As soon as the last charge is done, the contract closes. So, that 6 months interest free doesn't give you extra time.

Last year, I bought VGF in March and had the last payment go to my Disney Visa on June 1st....the contracts closed a day later.

Last edited:
Yes it’s the Chase Disney Visa and yes it already has 6 months zero interest. They have an offer on through the end of June for zero interest and zero plan fees for the first, “My Chase Plan” set up. I’ve never done one but from what I’m reading it’s a zero interest, zero fee on 1st plan set up prior to June 30 and it’s installment over however many months u want (up to 24 months).
Most Chase cards let you do the first My Chase Plan free :)

The delay in closing happens when you ask DVC to delay charging your CC, no matter which one it is. As soon as the last charge is done, the contract closes. So, that 6 months interest free doesn't give you extra time.

Last year, I bought VGF in March and had the last payment go to my Disney Visa on June 1st....the contracts closed a day later.
So they'll let you space out payment on other cards as well? The idea of hedging my bets for even better incentives appeals to me, and I'm wondering if I can get as good a deal on Poly 2.

So they'll let you space out payment on other cards as well? The idea of hedging my bets for even better incentives appeals to me, and I'm wondering if I can get as good a deal on Poly 2.

You can ask to have the payments billed up to 90 days to your CC…guides usually need to get special permission.

The 6 months of 0% interest is specifically to the Disney Visa. But, yes, if you ask to have your CC billed in increments you could potentially get the ability to redo the contract,

Keep in mind that after 10 days of signing, even if it is not closed, DVD could deny the ability to rewrite with new incentives since you have passed the recession period for contracts.

You can ask to have the payments billed up to 90 days to your CC…guides usually need to get special permission.

The 6 months of 0% interest is specifically to the Disney Visa. But, yes, if you ask to have your CC billed in increments you could potentially get the ability to redo the contract,

Keep in mind that after 10 days of signing, even if it is not closed, DVD could deny the ability to rewrite with new incentives since you have passed the recession period for contracts.
Just to be clear, is the payment you’re talking about the down payment or full payment?

Just to be clear, is the payment you’re talking about the down payment or full payment?

As much of the purchase as you want. We had to put 10% down immediately and the rest is normally due within 30 days.

But, we asked to be billed some April 1st, May 1st and final charges June 1st.

We purchased in March 2022 when VGF went on sale.

I am trying to find the info on this. Do you see it on the Chase site? I looked up my Chase plan but it’s still coming up no interest but it has fees. How do I get the first time, no fee deal?

We are probably going to sell some resale points to get more direct points so it would be nice to just throw it on the Disney visa while selling.

I am trying to find the info on this. Do you see it on the Chase site? I looked up my Chase plan but it’s still coming up no interest but it has fees. How do I get the first time, no fee deal?

We are probably going to sell some resale points to get more direct points so it would be nice to just throw it on the Disney visa while selling.
I don’t see it in my account either. It was an email from 5/11/23. I suggest calling them to make sure you qualify for it prior to setting up. I’ve never used that feature and it’s specifically for first time.

And I just found the link in another thread: https://dvcexplorer.com/fin/m/GrandFloridian_Member_Welcome.pdf

Summer incentives + Magical Beginnings + Welcome Home promo means VGF comes in at $161pp for a blue card 150 points! 200 points also costs $161pp. SOMEONE TALK ME OFF THE LEDGE before I go broke!
How do you figure the magical beginnings into the numbers in that link? I’m trying to figure out how much it would be at RIV with all the promotions for 150 points. I see all the other credits but not magical beginnings.

How do you figure the magical beginnings into the numbers in that link? I’m trying to figure out how much it would be at RIV with all the promotions for 150 points. I see all the other credits but not magical beginnings.

They are paying $22/pt for MB for RIV...so, you simply deduct that from the price listed for buying with current incentives and Welcome Home incentive....

And I just found the link in another thread: https://dvcexplorer.com/fin/m/GrandFloridian_Member_Welcome.pdf

Summer incentives + Magical Beginnings + Welcome Home promo means VGF comes in at $161pp for a blue card 150 points! 200 points also costs $161pp. SOMEONE TALK ME OFF THE LEDGE before I go broke!

I can't because I am so tempted to get more RIV points at this price.....it really is a great deal and for anyone who isn't already eligible for membership extras, this is a nice price range to get them and end up with at least 150 points that are unrestricted to RIV, VDH and most likely, all future resorts!

I think it’s a fantastic offer.
I received my paperwork yesterday after calling guide day before to redo contract for the Summer incentives and thought it was a mistake, didn’t even realize they were doing that. She did ask if I have a reservation coming up but I didn’t ask why at the time. Great surprise & bonus, especially seeing a lot of resales are over the $161 price range for VGF.

I can't because I am so tempted to get more RIV points at this price.....it really is a great deal and for anyone who isn't already eligible for membership extras, this is a nice price range to get them and end up with at least 150 points that are unrestricted to RIV, VDH and most likely, all future resorts!
Totally agree. I’m considering selling resale PVB to buy 150 VGF to pair with direct RR… don’t “need” more direct points, but at this price point and to future proof the network of resorts (mostly interested in PVB2 at this point) it’s probably worth it.

If it turns out PVB2 is same association as PVB1, I will have paid a modest amount over what I sold our resale points for… but then I can also use those direct VGF at RR, etc, as well. New UY that covers the entire calendar is helpful too.

I have never used my chase plan, but it don't see that offer either. The fees are crazy on those plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter