Current or Future Aulani Guests

We just got back from Aulani. It was an awesome week! We rented a cheap car because of the free parking and were so happy we did. We hit up Target and Costco (best place to buy chocolate covered Macadamias, IMO)' but Safeway in Kapolei had the best selection of groceries and booze. We ate at Makihiki twice when we first got there and AMA AMA once but ate all other meals in our room. The rooms are stocked well enough to make a simple spaghetti dinner, hot dogs, fish sandwiches, etc. we saved a ton of money by not eating out all the time. dinner at AMA AMA was not worth the price, IMO. The location and view are great, but the food is so-so. When the waitress dissed my favorite food of all time (creme brûlée) she lost me altogether. We'll try Roy's next time. Having a car was nice because not only could we shop for food/essentials, we could take off and go see a movie, head across the island to Manoa Chocolates, go to Diamond Head, etc. As far as the adult pool area, I travelled with kids so didn't get to enjoy it. One day I will! The Starlit Hui is worth seeing. Once. Parts of it were entertaining, but parts were comically amateurish. We left at. 8:30 when the "dance party" started. Ds's are 10 and trust me - these boys don't dance. Nor would they ever go to Aunty's, which was a bit of a disappointment for my DH and I. The free movies in the Pau Hana room kept them occupied in the evenings. Overall we had a great trip and can't wait to go back.

What (and where) is Manoa Chocolates??? We go in 15 days, and this is the first I've heard of that! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter