current special effect magic bands in the parks?

disneydude365

In dreams you will lose your heartaches
ok so we are going in octiober as you may have seen in previous posts! I'm really hoping to get a halloween band and it be special effect!
but in case they are sold out anyone know the current available bands that do special effects?

I didn't even know they had special effects magic bands! Though I guess when i think about it, mine does have one, it makes a grown woman act like a kid again every time I put it on! lol Seriously though, I can't wait to see the answer to this one. Have a great trip, our 14 day adventure starts Tuesday.

Don't think there are any left on sale. I have two star wars ones that make sounds only at HS. Also have last years Halloween MB that I will wear this year that makes sounds at MK. Haven't seen this years yet..

As PP stated there were some previous magic bands that had special effects at the touch points however, they are generally park specific.

How cool is that? I had no clue this even existed! Now I want one.
they are pretty cool. The lights at the FB touch point make all different colors and the star wars Mickey one says "may the force be with you" They are limited releases that seem to sell out quickly. The Halloween one say" Happy Halloween. There are youtube videos out there on them.

The new Kylo Ren MB (released today) might do something, not sure.

Check magicbandcollectors.com Ethan will have the latest news on the SW MBs.

I bought the LE Olaf one last September at HS and when you tap it it lights up rainbow and sings Olafs summer song, but only in HS.

I'm also hoping for a new interactive one in a couple of weeks. I didn't think to purchase one when I went in January.

well this is upsetting that there aren't any out at the moment hopefully this years party band will be released with effects

and that site just confirmed they wont have any sound effects or colors... this is a huge let down to me

however it will still cost 29.99 but the site said it won't have any effects... so pay same price get less?

Last edited:
ok the guy edited his statement when i commented the halloween band should have an effect yay!!

he thought the comment was directed at the starwars band so yay!!

OOOOHHHHH.....I want one, I want one!:yay:I have never even heard about them and I thought I'd pretty much seen everything on all of the sights.

Didn't even know we could buy a cuter magicband :-)....How do you get all your "stuff" linked to it? Do you have to wait until you arrive in the park, or can you do it before you leave home? I am so paranoid about loosing ADRs, though...any risk of that?

Didn't even know we could buy a cuter magicband :-)....How do you get all your "stuff" linked to it? Do you have to wait until you arrive in the park, or can you do it before you leave home? I am so paranoid about loosing ADRs, though...any risk of that?
You link it to your MDE account where all your other data is linked. Nothing "goes on" a MagicBand - it provides the link to your data when you tap it at the entrance and at FP lines.

TS restaurants just ask you for your name when you arrive for your ADR. The MagicBand doesn't affect your ADRs at all because ADRs are linked to your MDE account.

You link it to your MDE account where all your other data is linked. Nothing "goes on" a MagicBand - it provides the link to your data when you tap it at the entrance and at FP lines.

TS restaurants just ask you for your name when you arrive for your ADR. The MagicBand doesn't affect your ADRs at all because ADRs are linked to your MDE account.
Thanks for the info! Do the magicbands come with numbers (ie, how do you like them?)? Thanks for your time!

Thanks for the info! Do the magicbands come with numbers (ie, how do you like them?)? Thanks for your time!
The ID number is on the underside of the MB. You enter and link that number to the MagicBands and Cards section of MDE - the area will say Link Ticket etc...

They are for sale on the DisneyStore website and you can also purchase through the Shop Disney Parks app for your phone. If you wait and purchase in the parks, the CM can link it to your MDE account at the time of purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter