Cyrano - the adventure begins

You know, as you so aptly made the point in your previous post, I am wondering if it is even worth the TSM hassle. It sort of throws everything else in the park out of the window. I think we might not head straight for it and rather do the other main attractions and then chance getting a FP with a late return time to keep for the end of the day so we can carry on touring the park. Let us know if you come up with a better solution. ;)

Looking forward to your next update! :)

we went and lined up for TSM about 20 minutes before the park closed. This way we found that the line was still posted as 60-70 minutes wait, but in reality it was about 30 minutes. There is so much entertainment in the line that the kids son't mind waiting for that long.

You know, as you so aptly made the point in your previous post, I am wondering if it is even worth the TSM hassle. It sort of throws everything else in the park out of the window. I think we might not head straight for it and rather do the other main attractions and then chance getting a FP with a late return time to keep for the end of the day so we can carry on touring the park. Let us know if you come up with a better solution. ;)

Looking forward to your next update! :)

when i was there 3 weeks ago, the FPs were gone by 10 am (9 am opening)..

crazy!!!

i was on my own that day, so i did the mad dash to TSM at opening.....
i was right up at the front of the pack when i arrived at the FP machines - had only 4 people in front of me at the machine i was at, but all 4 of them had 8 tickets each in their hands....so it took each of them a while to get out all their fastpasses....

by the time i finally got my FP i had to run really far to get to the end of the line....all the way to little mermaid.....had i been in a group i suppose i would have been able to get in at an earlier point, but i had to run back to the end since i was by myself...

anyway, by the time i got to the end of the line, it was already 30 minutes long for standby....but i did it...
so i rode it standby that time and then only had to wait about another 20 minutes for my FP time....

but the whole thing was pretty insane....

but it seemed to be the only way to get into the ride....
when i paid attention to the time for TSM the rest of the trip, it was always over 60 minutes, and usually over 90 minutes...:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

it is a fun ride though...

when i was there 3 weeks ago, the FPs were gone by 10 am (9 am opening)..

crazy!!!

i was on my own that day, so i did the mad dash to TSM at opening.....
i was right up at the front of the pack when i arrived at the FP machines - had only 4 people in front of me at the machine i was at, but all 4 of them had 8 tickets each in their hands....so it took each of them a while to get out all their fastpasses....

by the time i finally got my FP i had to run really far to get to the end of the line....all the way to little mermaid.....had i been in a group i suppose i would have been able to get in at an earlier point, but i had to run back to the end since i was by myself...

anyway, by the time i got to the end of the line, it was already 30 minutes long for standby....but i did it...
so i rode it standby that time and then only had to wait about another 20 minutes for my FP time....

but the whole thing was pretty insane....

but it seemed to be the only way to get into the ride....
when i paid attention to the time for TSM the rest of the trip, it was always over 60 minutes, and usually over 90 minutes...:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

it is a fun ride though...

Fun is one thing, but insanity is another. I know that us Brits stay for a longer period of time than the average guest and have more days at our disposal, but I am simply not prepared to give up a few hours at a park all for the sake of one attraction. It occurred to me after reading Reid's post which reminded me of the numerous posts on the boards where people advise on best strategies. Honestly, when I step back and look at it for what it is, it is pretty ridiculous. Now we would really like to do it. We skipped it before for the same reasons - no FP left by mid morning - but there is a limit to the lengths I am willing to go to.

When we were there 2 years ago we never had any trouble getting fast passes mid-morning - about 11 or so. They were for late times but that was fine with us.

I will be really disappointed if they are all gone that early!!

When we were there 2 years ago we never had any trouble getting fast passes mid-morning - about 11 or so. They were for late times but that was fine with us.

I will be really disappointed if they are all gone that early!!

You need to consider when you are travelling too. It is possibly less of an issue if you don't go in peak times. Bear in mind that it is July now :eek: and my only attempt at it was during Easter week ..... I don't think it is ever walk on, but there would be busier and less busy times of the year to try it. :goodvibes

That is true and maybe Aug would be a bit better - but two years ago we arrived on July 4th :)

I think it has got harder to get on!

Fun is one thing, but insanity is another. I know that us Brits stay for a longer period of time than the average guest and have more days at our disposal, but I am simply not prepared to give up a few hours at a park all for the sake of one attraction. It occurred to me after reading Reid's post which reminded me of the numerous posts on the boards where people advise on best strategies. Honestly, when I step back and look at it for what it is, it is pretty ridiculous. Now we would really like to do it. We skipped it before for the same reasons - no FP left by mid morning - but there is a limit to the lengths I am willing to go to.

i totally agree - there are definitely things i'm willing to give up if the lines are insane...

Wednesday 7th July

We made good time this morning and were at EPCOT for 8.30am. As SIL had arrived the previous night we had made arrangements to meet them before rope drop.
They arrived shortly after we did 
First stop was Soarin’. Then SIL and I picked up FPs for Test Track. DW and DD headed to the Character Spot while the rest of us rode Mission Space... green as usual.
As our window for Test Track had opened we rode it next. Then the men ;) ran off to get FP for Soarin’ again.
Hopefully SIL and BIL now know how FP’s work and the advantage of getting to the park early.
I think we did Nemo and then Crush next.
Lunch was an enjoyable affair in Sunshine Seasons. Definitely the best counter service in WDW.
We had a sleep (relaxing time) on Living with the land, followed by breaking down on Figment.
Then enjoyed Captain EO again. We finished up with a ride in Spaceship Earth.

The others were starting to struggle so we left the park and showed them Wal-Mart and places to eat.

So glad that after nephews scare with Chicken Pox that they were finally here.

Thursday 8th July

Breakfast this morning was grits, scrambled eggs and waffles with syrup. I just do not get savoury with sweet so I just had toast and coffee.

It was back to Animal Kingdom today. We laughed when we were 2 spaces away from SIL’s car in the car park. They are good learners and had beaten us to the park this morning.
I had decided to bring the video camera today. This ended up being an inspired choice. Our tour guide on Kilimanjaro Safari was the best yet. The guide slowed a number of times to help guests get a good photograph. So I managed to get video that did not look like I was on a pogo stick.

We had FP’s to go back on the Safari after lunch but felt some rain while wandering around Harambe. That helped us decide to call it a day and head to DTD.

We headed into Hollywood Studios around 6.30pm with the expectation of wandering around the park for a bit and then heading to Fantasmic.
Once we had done restroom stops and photopass locations we ended up in the Fantasmic queue at 7.00pm. The line opened up around 7.20 and the auditorium was filled by 8.00pm.

From last year we felt there was some changes to the show but could not put our finger on the differences.
It was a long time to sit but as always a fantastic show.

Night night.

Hope you've had a good time! Shame that the LBV Hawthorn Suites has had issues, since both times we've been to Orlando we've stayed in the Universal area one, and it's been perfect. Especially as they do transport to the parks, since none of us were comfortable, or able, to drive in the US.

Glad you got to see Fantasmic. Is it running every night now or still limited?

Still limited which really causes a problem since tour groups tend not to park hop. So they are in the parks from morning to gates closing ;)

Sorry I fell behind with the reporting. We spent more time with SIL than planned.

Got to see Main Street Electrical Parade but sadly the weather stopped us seeing Summer Nightastic Fireworks :(

Cases are packed, OLCI complete and just DTD bag drop tomorrow before we eek out the last hours before flying for home :)

I've really enjoyed your reports, so thanks for sharing! It sounds like you've had a great time! :thumbsup2

Hope that you have a safe flight home. :goodvibes

Don't let this happen again...

Seriously

Why are you apologising? You are on your holiday. We can wait..

I was going to say the exact same thing!

Enjoy your last day Reid! Safe trip home . :goodvibes
Gems

Thanks so much for taking the time to update us! Can't believe you were still managing rope-drops at the end of the holiday! Have a safe trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter