D23: The Ultimate Fan Event Details

The legends ceremony is mostly speeches. they usually show a video package for each recipient and then they come out and make a short speech to accept their award. here is video from last time:
This is very helpful, thank you, I don't think I feel I need to go to the ceremony. If knew there weren't going to be evening panels at the convention center, I could even fly home early!

I don’t think there will be any true conflicts. The ACC stuff will finish by 7pm or earlier, when the Honda stuff starts. Usually there are not many late panels, and they might be less popular.
So the Legend Ceremony is at 5pm, unlike the other Honda Center events at 7pm. Makes sense since it's on a Sunday. However, at the 2022 expo they had several panels that started at 6pm, so if they do that again that would be a conflict. (My feet were so tired that day and I just wanted to go back to the hotel, but DH dragged me to the Character Voices panel that he wanted to see. I'm so glad we went, it ended up being the highlight for us. Donny Osmond was a surprise guest and he and some dancers performed I'll Make a Man Out of You--it was great, we were crying, lol)

Hi- I’m considering going this year with my eight-year old son. I think I read last year that you could pay for seating in the panels- is that offered this year or is the only reserved seating for the night time events? If anyone has insight, I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

Hi- I’m considering going this year with my eight-year old son. I think I read last year that you could pay for seating in the panels- is that offered this year or is the only reserved seating for the night time events? If anyone has insight, I’d appreciate it. Thanks!
You could not pay for seating in any panel last year, except the big panels. There was a more expensive ticket that allowed you seating up front for those panels. This year the big panels are at night at the Honda Center; whereas, the other panels are at the Anaheim Convention Center. They are offering tickets that include a reserved seat for the nighttime panels. The cost is based upon where you sit in the auditorium. The pricing and seating chart are on the D23 site.

You could not pay for seating in any panel last year, except the big panels. There was a more expensive ticket that allowed you seating up front for those panels. This year the big panels are at night at the Honda Center; whereas, the other panels are at the Anaheim Convention Center. They are offering tickets that include a reserved seat for the nighttime panels. The cost is based upon where you sit in the auditorium. The pricing and seating chart are on the D23 site.
Thank you very much. I appreciate the guidance!

Anyone considering preferred seats?
I would if my friend was thinking about it, but we have decided to go the cheaper route. I did preferred last time. It was nice, but I kind of liked the smaller, more informative panels better. Not that I got any of those last time through the lottery.

Anyone considering preferred seats?
I'm not, unless I am unable to get a cheaper one. My eyes are good enough that I'm ok being back a little ways if its 1/3 of the cost!

Have y'all used any of the shuttle services from SNA..? My husband decided he'd rather use the week of vacation for us to go back to Hokkaido in July, so I'll be going solo. Usually we take a Lyft but I think I'd rather not do that on my own... last time it took almost an hour as the traffic was bad and the driver was quite the talker. We ended up helping him navigate the court system as he got his first ever ticket and couldn't figure out what to do with it... good story but awkward! :laughing:

I'm not, unless I am unable to get a cheaper one. My eyes are good enough that I'm ok being back a little ways if its 1/3 of the cost!

Have y'all used any of the shuttle services from SNA..? My husband decided he'd rather use the week of vacation for us to go back to Hokkaido in July, so I'll be going solo. Usually we take a Lyft but I think I'd rather not do that on my own... last time it took almost an hour as the traffic was bad and the driver was quite the talker. We ended up helping him navigate the court system as he got his first ever ticket and couldn't figure out what to do with it... good story but awkward! :laughing:
I don't have an answer but would also like to find a shuttle or private service because we get in at 11pm (to LAX 😑) the day before the event. We've had issue several times in the past with rideshare drivers cancelling rides once they see our destination. I think shorter rides might be more profitable for them, sigh

I would if my friend was thinking about it, but we have decided to go the cheaper route. I did preferred last time. It was nice, but I kind of liked the smaller, more informative panels better. Not that I got any of those last time through the lottery.
Yeah, I think we'll get the cheap seats as well, and we'll probably skip the Legends ceremony, which unfortunately means having to buy 3 different tickets (for each day) instead of just the one. Agreed on the smaller panels being the best part.
We did preferred seats at Destination D23 last year and I would do it again for that event as then you get to be closer for the entire thing

I've never been to the Honda Center before. Anyone know if upper vs lower 400 lvl seats makes a significant difference? We're definitely going with the nose bleeds, lol, but wondering if the extra $100 (for 2 of us total) is worth it to be in the lower 400 tier. I imagine we'd be watching everything from a screen anyway?

I've never been to the Honda Center before. Anyone know if upper vs lower 400 lvl seats makes a significant difference? We're definitely going with the nose bleeds, lol, but wondering if the extra $100 (for 2 of us total) is worth it to be in the lower 400 tier. I imagine we'd be watching everything from a screen anyway?
It won’t make a huge difference. From the buying guide the other day it only looks like the first 5 or so rows in the 400 section are considered lower 400.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter