"Dad, it's all because you folded your pants."

Jordan2007

I Dream of Disney.
Well, I finally have managed to get around to post this trip report. I hope I can remember everything well enough because this trip was our family's best Disney trip yet. It was magical--every moment.

CAST
:princess: Mom (46)
:wizard: Daddy (46)
:princess: Me (17)
:princess: Brittany (my 15 year old sister)
When my mom and dad asked me where I wanted to go for graduation I chose Disney (of course!) because we had been a couple of times, but had never stayed on property. For weeks we debated over whether to stay in the AKL or the WL, with one of my older sisters finally putting the two resort names in a hat and having me draw one. I chose the Wilderness Lodge and we booked our room--a courtyard view with bunk beds for my fifteen year old sister who was coming and not too excited that we weren't staying at AKL. We booked the trip for March 31st-April 6th during my spring break. The wait was terrible. I spent hours researching on the DIS (many times instead of doing homework) and had our ADR's all planned out. I couldn't wait to go. My parents told me that they wanted to make this the Disney trip I would always remember.

The morning we left, I was the first one up and in the shower. I could not wait to leave. It would be the first time we would be flying into MCO. Our Delta flight left at around 9AM. I sat in the airport waiting for our departure reviewing the itinerary with my half asleep family who was tired of hearing about all the plans. I was like a five year old kid again. Our flight was amazing. It was the smoothest landing I had ever experienced. We got off the flight and found our way to the Magical Express line where we were very entertained by the CMs who were rotating through the lines. I was shocked by how many buses they had for the Value resorts and how few they had for the Deluxe resorts. We didn't care about waiting though. We were on our way to Disney...which basically meant we were on cloud nine. Finally a bus arrived for our resort and we got on. My little sister and I were so excited the entire way there. We kept bothering our mom and dad who were seated in front of us, begging them to take pictures.
l_a60cf0e9bbe6752b9cb35163f8818d6d.jpg

We finally got them to take one. Our resort was the last drop off. I loved hearing "Welcome Home" as the CMs opened the door and let us see our very first view of the Wilderness Lodge. It was breathtaking. We walked over to concierge to check-in and they had our room ready! It wasn't the courtyard view we were hoping for, but we had some cute ducks sitting outside our door when we got there. We decided to head over to the Roaring Fork for some lunch, stopping to take an obligatory picture in front of Silver Lake Falls.
l_925b9c0d4e229fbb3cea5a0e60f50c1d.jpg

This was our first experience with the dining plan and we were so surprised with how much food we got! Let's just say, we definitely were not ever hungry during this trip. I got the chicken strips, which were yummy, and of course the Mickey Mouse rice krispy treat. After touring the resort a bit, we decided to go back to our room to freshen up a bit before heading over to the MK. Much to our surprise, our luggage was waiting for us when we got back to our room. We quickly got ready to go and headed over to the MK on the boat. I loved being a resort guest. It just felt amazing...
l_e79775e411fecbcf7590f4c2095be644.jpg

After getting off the boat, we were standing in front of the entrance to the MK. My heart started beating faster and I got so excited!! We got our "Keys to the World" out and headed through the turnstiles. Before heading onto Main Street, I stopped to capture that first moment of seeing the Train Station.
l_2b1b642146854359c7da483bf9bd4e14.jpg

As we were walking down Main Street, the sky started getting dark and we decided to get some ponchos. Right as we got inside the stinky plastic sacks, the sky let loose in Adventureland. We decided to stick it out and head over to the Swiss Family Robinson House. After riding Pirates of the Caribbean, visiting the Tiki House, and checking out some shops, we decided to head over to Epcot for EMH. Epcot is possibly my favorite park, so I was so excited to be headed there! We took the monorail over and headed straight to The Land after getting our EMH wristbands. We did everything except for Soarin because of the ridiculous wait times. We walked onto all of the other rides in The Land before sitting down to eat at Sunshine Seasons. I had this excellent turkey sandwich on a great foccacia bread and we were once again shocked by how much food we get on the dining plan! I got a muffin for the morning as my dessert item because the sandwich was so big I could barely eat it all. We decided to head over to World Showcase after that. We toured the Mexican Pavilion and got to Norway to ride Maelstrom.
l_f7247213446979845fc54376ffbd275e.jpg

We had a big day ahead of us at the Magic Kingdom on day two, including dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table...and I was not going to be tired for that, so we headed back to the resort, filled up our refillable mugs, and went to bed.

I promise I'll post day two sometime soon. I have to go get ready for Christmas Eve Dinner, Church Service, and I have to wrap some gifts also.

Any suggestions on trip reports would be great!!

Day One-None
Day Two-Cinderella's Royal Table for Dinner
Day Three-Coral Reef for Lunch
Akershus for Dinner
Day Four-Sci Fi for Dinner
Day Five-San Angel for Dinner
Day Six-Concourse Steakhouse (we cancelled this later in our trip...)
Day Seven-Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast
added during trip::lunch at Whispering Canyon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter