Daily housekeeping charge

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
I just did the on line check in a few days ago and one thing that was asked was to accept or reject daily housekeeping

Is there a charge for this
It didn’t say anything I know they used to do a towel and trash day like around day 4 of a 7 day stay
I checked to accept
But will cancel if there’s a charge
We’re DVC staying on the poly on our points

I just did the on line check in a few days ago and one thing that was asked was to accept or reject daily housekeeping

It didn’t say anything I know they used to do a towel and trash day like around day 4 of a 7 day stay
I checked to accept
No charge

I checked to accept
Daily housekeeping? I've never heard of daily housekeeping for DVC. Unless they are speaking of the trash pickup they started recently (like 5 years???? ago).

Thanks for the replies. I better contact them to decline it. Just so I don’t get charged

Thanks for the replies. I better contact them to decline it. Just so I don’t get charged
If there wasn't a "price tag" when offered, I can't see how you can get charged for it. I supposed you can call to verify if there would indeed be a charge before you arrive, just in case there were some fine prints that you glossed over.

LAX

I just made a check in and got that option. If you read the fine print, it says DVC will get the usual 4th-8th day housekeeping if you choose that you want it. I guess this is to waive housekeeping entirely if you don’t want it.

Thanks I didn’t notice any small print
But the mouse keeping is the same as it always wad

We just had towel and trash on sat which was day 4.
Unfortunately we check out tomorrow after an awesome week.

I do a lot of 5 day stays. I decline the service because I don't need a 'trash and towel' service on day 3. I still get daily trash service though, and I would decline that if I could. On shorter stays that ordinarily would not get any cleaning services, I don't think that option even comes up.

They ask you that because it's part of the CASH policy. DVC doesn't even give the option to pay for extra housekeeping anymore like they used to. They will do trash and towel every day to make sure your room isn't full of guns. You will get the standard DVC housekeeping unless you decline it.

They ask you that because it's part of the CASH policy. DVC doesn't even give the option to pay for extra housekeeping anymore like they used to. They will do trash and towel every day to make sure your room isn't full of guns. You will get the standard DVC housekeeping unless you decline it.
I think extra cleaning for a fee has come back, I think, but not 100% sure.

They do daily trash service, but they don't change the towels. However, you can request additional towels at any time for free, it used to be an extra (and people took towels from the pool or from the carts left in corridors, so it was pointless).

I think extra cleaning for a fee has come back, I think, but not 100% sure.

They do daily trash service, but they don't change the towels. However, you can request additional towels at any time for free, it used to be an extra (and people took towels from the pool or from the carts left in corridors, so it was pointless).
Currently on the DVC website:
Q: Can I pay for additional housekeeping services?

A.: Additional housekeeping services, including additional trash and towel service, are not available for purchase. If you are staying on Member Points or Member Cash Discounts, you will be scheduled for trash and towel service on your fourth day. If you are staying more than eight nights, you will receive full cleaning service on your fourth day and trash and towel service on your eighth day.

Dumb question - but when they say "4th day"...does check-in day count as day one? In my head, I was thinking day 1 was our first FULL day but now I'm thinking that was wrong.

Dumb question - but when they say "4th day"...does check-in day count as day one? In my head, I was thinking day 1 was our first FULL day but now I'm thinking that was wrong.
Yes, checkin day is day 1. I agree it’s confusing - maybe they should say “after the 3rd night” to be more clear.

Check in day is Day 1, so if you check in Saturday, first full trash and towel is Tuesday which is "Day 4" and Full cleaning would be Satuday again "Day 8".

This right here. The check box always comes up for Aulani at check in because of the cash rooms. If you look below the text next to the box, there is an asterisk and note stating that daily housekeeping isn't available for guests staying on points.

Pretty sure I know the answer to this but let me confirm.

The other day I was on DVC site looking to compare differences between resort and deluxe studio at VGF.

IMG_0654.jpeg
IMG_0655.jpeg

The ‘Resort Studio’ has evening turn down service? This is on the DVC site.

Didn’t have it when we stayed.
I figured not but elsewhere it said ‘by request’. I’m going to try next trip. See what happens lol. We had automatic turndown service at Disneyland Hotel and they were fantastic every night. I can get used to that!

Check in day is Day 1, so if you check in Saturday, first full trash and towel is Tuesday which is "Day 4" and Full cleaning would be Satuday again "Day 8".
To clarify: if your stay is 8 nights or longer, day 4 is full cleaning and day 8 is trash and towel.

From https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/faq/resort-reservations/housekeeping-cleaning-schedule :

Q: What is the cleaning schedule for Housekeeping at Disney Vacation Club Resorts?

A. Housekeeping Information for Disney Vacation Club Resorts:

For stays of 7 or less consecutive nights in the same Vacation Home, the Disney Vacation Club Resort will provide a “Trash & Towel” service on the fourth consecutive day of the stay.

For stays of 8 or more nights, Full Cleaning Service is provided on day 4 and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 8 (after which the cycle begins again on day 12). This service schedule applies regardless of whether you are using a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points, or a combination of both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter