DAS changes coming WDW May 20/ DL June 18, 2024

That looks consistent to me?

Annual Passholder, trip after may 20, pass is good for 30 days from start of the trip.
Most folks have been told 30 days from registration date, which is consistent with the WDW website info as well.

The PP indicated she did pre-registration on 5/2 and the DAS is good through 6/25. Extremely inconsistent with other reports.

Most folks have been told 30 days from registration date, which is consistent with the WDW website info as well.

The PP indicated she did pre-registration on 5/2 and the DAS is good through 6/25. Extremely inconsistent with other reports.
It appears to me that every person in this thread who has reported being a pass holder and registering for a trip dated past 5/20 has been given 30 days from the start of their trip, and not from the registration date.

I also believe that everyone who has registered for a trip beyond 5/20 who is not a pass holder has been approved for the length of their ticket.

The website does say 30 days from registration, but it also specifically says that’s only for trips before May 20th.

Would having the advanced selections set up for the entirety of the trip mean we have DAS for the whole trip? We registered Apr 11/12 for our trip that runs from May 11-May 18 (was originally the 19th before we changed plans), and have advanced selections for all eight days. (Yes, we were given 8 days, not 7 like we had been in the past.)

We are all APs.

It appears to me that every person in this thread who has reported being a pass holder and registering for a trip dated past 5/20 has been given 30 days from the start of their trip, and not from the registration date.
I have not caught that. I will try to go back and look.

After 5/20, DAS for an AP should be valid for up to 120 days. So the 30 days from trip date doesn’t make sense either.

I have not caught that. I will try to go back and look.

I scanned back through approx the last 25 pages. I found 2 posters who mentioned they have AP and registered for trips beginning after May 20th. 1 poster mentioned their party has mixed ticket types. Most posters did not specify ticket type. Maybe my tired eyes missed more APs with trips after the changes…?

I’ll add another experience to the pile here because this one is definitely unique among the entries posted so far due to the circumstances.

My little 4 person family has a long trip to Disney planned (June 18-July 2). None of us have ever used DAS and won’t be for this trip.

For a few days of the trip (June 27-30) my SIL who has traditionally qualified for DAS will be there, along with her husband and child.

She is a pass holder. She was concerned about the DAS uncertainty following 5/20. Based on what I told her I observed here, she made a park reservation on her AP for 6/4.

She then went to register for DAS.

They approved her for 1 month (ends July 3)
They also allowed her to add everyone in her planning party for the late June trip to be able to go on with her.

They didn’t actually mention anything about party size limits to her or anything like that. I assume it will be the 4 person rule and not the 6 person rule.

Feel free to delete this if it seems to be a blueprint for doing something potentially unethical. It doesn’t involve lying about any conditions or anything. But you could certainly argue that it’s taking advantage of the system.

I did the das interview/picking rides yesterday for a trip for may 22- june 7 with no problem at all.
Did they tell you how long your DAS is good for and are you an AP holder? [Just for data's sake].

Feel free to delete this if it seems to be a blueprint for doing something potentially unethical. It doesn’t involve lying about any conditions or anything. But you could certainly argue that it’s taking advantage of the system.
I mean, unless your SIL lied or exaggerated than it's on whoever approved her - then it isn't a problem. Technically she could as a pass holder enter any park after 2pm without a reservation [and there are good-to-go days as well]. Cast members can't really have the psychic power to look into that. This will only be an issue until May 19th anyway.

I’ll add another experience to the pile here because this one is definitely unique among the entries posted so far due to the circumstances.

My little 4 person family has a long trip to Disney planned (June 18-July 2). None of us have ever used DAS and won’t be for this trip.

For a few days of the trip (June 27-30) my SIL who has traditionally qualified for DAS will be there, along with her husband and child.

She is a pass holder. She was concerned about the DAS uncertainty following 5/20. Based on what I told her I observed here, she made a park reservation on her AP for 6/4.

She then went to register for DAS.

They approved her for 1 month (ends July 3)
They also allowed her to add everyone in her planning party for the late June trip to be able to go on with her.

They didn’t actually mention anything about party size limits to her or anything like that. I assume it will be the 4 person rule and not the 6 person rule.

Is she going on 6/4?

One thing I still haven’t figured out, but maybe someone here has…

I (AP) currently have an active DAS that coincidentally expires May 19 (or 20 - I’m not entirely sure.) I’m loosely planning a day visit at WDW in mid-June. Can I make the call for mid-June while holding an active DAS? I had it in my head that I had to wait until my current 30 days expires - but I have no idea where I got that, as I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere. I was mostly waiting in hopes that increased staffing after the May 20 changeover would result in shorter hold times, but it sounds like people are getting through pretty quickly already now.

Is she going on 6/4?
I think so.

But the point is that she probably doesn’t have to in order to have the DAS for the later trip that she otherwise wouldn’t have been able to register for.

Someone else with an AP could theoretically use the old rules to qualify for a trip all the way up to July 18th this way.

I think so.

But the point is that she probably doesn’t have to in order to have the DAS for the later trip that she otherwise wouldn’t have been able to register for.

Someone else with an AP could theoretically use the old rules to qualify for a trip all the way up to July 18th this way.
This is kind of the situation I’m in, as most local APs could be. If we have park days reserved within 30 days of May 19, there’s no reason why we shouldn’t be able to call ahead of May 20 like everyone else. Disney’s been clear that until that point, any DAS approvals will expire in 30 days instead of the previous 60, so I don’t see that she’s getting anything she shouldn’t. Even if she didn't have a trip planned for late June/early July, if her 30 days starts with that June 4 date, it would still expire 30 days later. I think the 30 days is meant to spread out the AP renewals so we’re not all needing to call at once on May 20 and/or repeatedly for every day we feel like visiting during the changeover.

One thing I still haven’t figured out, but maybe someone here has…

I (AP) currently have an active DAS that coincidentally expires May 19 (or 20 - I’m not entirely sure.) I’m loosely planning a day visit at WDW in mid-June. Can I make the call for mid-June while holding an active DAS? I had it in my head that I had to wait until my current 30 days expires - but I have no idea where I got that, as I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere. I was mostly waiting in hopes that increased staffing after the May 20 changeover would result in shorter hold times, but it sounds like people are getting through pretty quickly already now.
I doubt you can renew it while it’s still active but I’m not sure.

If it expires on the 19th, I’d call then.

I doubt you can renew it while it’s still active but I’m not sure.

If it expires on the 19th, I’d call then.
That’s what I keep thinking, too, but haven’t actually seen anything saying such. I won’t be able to call on the 19th, so if it can’t done before then it’ll have to wait - I’ll be trying to avoid the chaos of the first few days!
It would be great if they could put a spot in MDE with your DAS Accomodations and expiry dates like they do for tickets/APs... Maybe they have and I haven't see it?
Wouldn’t that be great?! Sadly no - it’s not in there anywhere at present.

I scanned back through approx the last 25 pages. I found 2 posters who mentioned they have AP and registered for trips beginning after May 20th. 1 poster mentioned their party has mixed ticket types. Most posters did not specify ticket type. Maybe my tired eyes missed more APs with trips after the changes…?
My trip is May 27 and 28th, we are Passholders, and they said it expired June 25th. So 30 days from first park day. That's been how it's always worked (count from 1st park day) except it used to be 60 days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter