DAS Mobility Issues?

Space Mountain - the park map says Mobility Access: see a Cast Member for Options - they will give a Return Time to people who can’t do stairs wiithout having DAS. If the CM refuses, ask for a lead.
7E00FA88-2E91-45AC-896F-6C9FC08C5BCA.jpeg

For Haunted Mansion, the CMs on the exit side can control the moving walkway, which is where we board with DD’s wheelchair. For someone without a mobility device and without DAS who can’t do the moving walkway, they should talk to the CMs at the entrance to the first room and when entering the stretching room.
We‘ve been in there multiple times when someone told the CM and they were told to stay in the room as the other guests left and follow our group as we were lead to the hallway to the exit side.
Again, if a CM says it’s not possible or DAS is needed, ask for a lead.

Space Mountain - the park map says Mobility Access: see a Cast Member for Options - they will give a Return Time to people who can’t do stairs wiithout having DAS. If the CM refuses, ask for a lead.
View attachment 585548

For Haunted Mansion, the CMs on the exit side can control the moving walkway, which is where we board with DD’s wheelchair. For someone without a mobility device and without DAS who can’t do the moving walkway, they should talk to the CMs at the entrance to the first room and when entering the stretching room.
We‘ve been in there multiple times when someone told the CM and they were told to stay in the room as the other guests left and follow our group as we were lead to the hallway to the exit side.
Again, if a CM says it’s not possible or DAS is needed, ask for a lead.
The problem I have with this is those of us around here know enough to ask for a lead, but would the average guest that doesn't frequent these boards? And based on our experience earlier, the answer is no, they wouldn't.

The problem I have with this is those of us around here know enough to ask for a lead, but would the average guest that doesn't frequent these boards? And based on our experience earlier, the answer is no, they wouldn't.
People may not know ‘lead’, but I have heard people asking for ‘your manager’ or ‘your supervisor’, which will get the same result.

Well, when they ask for a das that should be explained to them. Sounds more like guest relations is giving out a das to people who really just need information on how to access the rides

People may not know ‘lead’, but I have heard people asking for ‘your manager’ or ‘your supervisor’, which will get the same result.
It would,but we saw some leaving in tears and not doing so, that is when we spoke up.

It would,but we saw some leaving in tears and not doing so, that is when we spoke up.
So, you educated people about what they needed to ask for? The das is so inappropriate in these cases. They need ride ops to direct them to an elevator, or slow the loading to allow extra time. Access to the fast pass line is which is what the das does is not going to help with those things

Well, when they ask for a das that should be explained to them. Sounds more like guest relations is giving out a das to people who really just need information on how to access the rides
Just because someone overheard a guest being told to get a DAS doesn't mean that Guest Relations granted one. I expect Guest Relations would deny the request but possibly grant an anytime FP for their trouble. A lot of things get observed or overheard by others around the parks, and sometimes misinterpreted because the bystanders don't have the full story, it doesn't mean those are rule exceptions or new rules.

Just because someone overheard a guest being told to get a DAS doesn't mean that Guest Relations granted one. I expect Guest Relations would deny the request but possibly grant an anytime FP for their trouble. A lot of things get observed or overheard by others around the parks, and sometimes misinterpreted because the bystanders don't have the full story, it doesn't mean those are rule exceptions or new rules.
I agree with you there, I am just pointing out that the are guests that don't know what to do when guest relations tons them they don't need a DAS for their needs and the CM at the attraction says they do. We saw someone walking away in tears as a result and we couldn't sit idly by and let that happen, so we asked for they lead in their behalf and everything got sorted, but had we not been there, who knows what would have happened.

I think what I am trying to get at is if those of us that know better see an issue like that and we can do something to help, even as simple as asking for a lease, we should, it may make it break someone's trip.

The trouble I’ve had - and I assume it’s due to inadequate staffing levels - is that you can wait an awfully long time for the lead to show up. If you’re someone who isn’t able to come very often or stay very long, sometimes it doesn’t seem worth it to sit/stand around waiting an hour to speak to a lead instead of just writing the attraction off and going to something else.

If you can't do stairs, you can't stand for long extended periods of time, cannot sit for extended periods of time or need a moving walkway slowed due to back issues, just check with guest services. It's easy for someone here to say, rent a chair or ask for a lead CM. Let Guest Services make the determination.

If you can't do stairs, you can't stand for long extended periods of time, cannot sit for extended periods of time or need a moving walkway slowed due to back issues, just check with guest services. It's easy for someone here to say, rent a chair or ask for a lead CM. Let Guest Services make the determination.
I get your point that folks shouldn't fear asking about accommodations at Guest Relations based on their specific needs. However the bolded items above cannot be accommodated by Guest Relations; one must ask the CMs at the attraction.

I get your point that folks shouldn't fear asking about accommodations at Guest Relations based on their specific needs. However the bolded items above cannot be accommodated by Guest Relations; one must ask the CMs at the attraction.
And I understand what you are saying because with some of the attractions, the alternate entrance doesn't take care of those issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter