• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS Pre Registration

Taylor9843

Earning My Ears
When can I pre register for DAS? Is it 30 days from when you arrive to Disney World or is it 30 days from park visit?

And to add... you may not be able to book Advanced Selections if at least the first 7 days aren't within the 30-window. YMMV.

This⬆️ Although the few times I've preregistered I've been able to book at least 7-days. This last trip, however, I don't know that we made it to any of the preregistered times. Looking to register in person this year.

Is there an advantage to registering in person vs online?

Besides the ability to reserve attractions in advance, saving time. Would you rather immediately go to and wait at guest relations (e.g. City Hall) and sign up for DAS or would you like to head immediately to whatever attraction or show you want to see first?

Is there an advantage to registering in person vs online?
I think any "advantage" to registering in-person will be simply preference. There are no specific stated advantages, in fact waiting to register in-person remove the option for Advanced Selections. The biggest "advantages" that I can think of include:
  • Not spending potentially hours online for the chat (though you may wait in a queue)
  • If you are helping the DAS-holder, no need to coordinate having the DAS-holder available for the online chat
  • No need to plan which park which day and/or preferences for Advanced Selections (that might not align with your plans anyway)
There are posters who prefer to wait and register in-person at the parks. Whatever works best for you and your travel party.

Can you register at any Guest Services locations outside of the parks? Not sure we can wait hours for a video registration.

Can you register at any Guest Services locations outside of the parks? Not sure we can wait hours for a video registration.
Let me preface this comment that our last WDW experience was 2021 with DAS.

My family was told by a BC CM that we may be able to register outside of MK (which was our first park visited). However, that was not a guaranteed DAS registration location. The CM told us that for a guaranteed DAS registration spot, go to City Hall (again we went to MK first). With that in mind, my family headed immediately to City Hall. Our experience took 15 minutes or less.

Accordingly, it may be possible based upon information passed along by a CM. FYI, the BC CM was management and he told me he worked inside the parks as Guest Relations before taking a management position at BC. I think he knew a lot about DAS.

Best wishes on your trip. Hope it is a blast.

I would try at least once. It may not take long at all. When is your trip? If your trip is in a peak time, the wait could be a little longer.

If you do on-site; do blue umbrellas. BUT you lose the 2 preselected times for next 2 days so there's that benefit lost.

Choose weekdays for online signup -- MUCH shorter wait times.

If you do on-site; do blue umbrellas. BUT you lose the 2 preselected times for next 2 days so there's that benefit lost.

Choose weekdays for online signup -- MUCH shorter wait times.
Definitely agree! I did mine online this morning (Sunday), logging in at 7:00 am - it was an hour wait to get to the video call (but at least now I know I will have DAS and it's all squared away!).

I did mine for my brother yesterday at 1 pm Saturday. He gets very stressed with waiting so I went to his house waited on the chat hold about an hour. Maybe 1.5 hours Then someone got my info and came back 30 min later for video chat. Then passed me to book pre registered via a form you fill out and that took another 30-40 min but my brother didn’t have to partake in that part. Overall very worth it and he feels better knowing how it works. Depending on the disability type advance planning can help ease anxiety.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter