DAS - Purchasing Tickets

Yes, unless something changes considerably, tickets have been required (as well as theme park reservations if your tickets need those). My understanding is the DAS is attached to the ticket, not just your MDE profile, so without a ticket the DAS cannot be granted.

If approved, can u call back to pre- choose times for 2 attractions?
If Advanced Selections are offered, yes you can reconnect to the chat to schedule those. Availability is based on when you schedule them, so waiting to do so may limit your choices. It is unknown whether the Advanced Selections will continue to be offered to all DAS users. I'm pretty sure at least one poster has indicated they were not offered Advanced Selections for a trip starting in late May.

If Advanced Selections are offered, yes you can reconnect to the chat to schedule those. Availability is based on when you schedule them, so waiting to do so may limit your choices. It is unknown whether the Advanced Selections will continue to be offered to all DAS users. I'm pretty sure at least one poster has indicated they were not offered Advanced Selections for a trip starting in late May.
It is not even mentioned on the DAS website anymore.

It is not even mentioned on the DAS website anymore.
I know it's not, and the initial assumption was that Advanced Selections would be going away completely. However some folks have reported being offered Advanced Selections for late-May trips. It's possible that will still be available as an accommodation for certain needs. We really don't know.

If approved, can u call back to pre- choose times for 2 attractions?
For now, yes. We're going in late May, registered today, and were offered advanced selections. I declined, but the CM sent a link via chat to make them later, in case I changed my mind.

And I was asked about tickets before I was connected to the video call, so yes, you need to purchase them before you register.

Do you know if you can switch the DAS to a different type of ticket once granted DAS? I have a hopper ticket and might decide to buy a 3 day pass instead. I do not think I can tolerate long park days.

Do you know if you can switch the DAS to a different type of ticket once granted DAS? I have a hopper ticket and might decide to buy a 3 day pass instead. I do not think I can tolerate long park days.
You may have to chat with them again about the das after you get your new ticket.

Is DAS tied to just the ticket portion of a package when issued? What if I add additional tickets to the package before the last ticket expires. Say I go from 4 day tickets to 5 day tickets on day 3. What if I have to change a special event ticket due to weather and move it to day 5.

Is DAS tied to just the ticket portion of a package when issued? What if I add additional tickets to the package before the last ticket expires. Say I go from 4 day tickets to 5 day tickets on day 3. What if I have to change a special event ticket due to weather and move it to day 5.
Adding a day (from 4-day to 5-day) will still be the same “ticket” and DAS should be good through the 5th day.

“Changing” a special event ticket to an extra day on a regular ticket may or may not work. It’s not generally something allowed by ticketing, and it would need to be done before the 4th day is used. So options may depend 1) on what day is the special event and 2) whether ticketing allows using the special event ticket towards an extra day.

That "perk" is being discontinued. Which I'm honestly happy about and think that it was unnecessary and attracted the cheaters of the system.
I don't know if I'd go as far as that. Advance selections were a negligible benefit at best; most people I know only used them about half the time. I've always assumed they were more like an little bonus to get people to try the new online system. Lying to get DAS just for the advance selections seems like forging a bank loan application just to get the free calendar.

Adding a day (from 4-day to 5-day) will still be the same “ticket” and DAS should be good through the 5th day.

“Changing” a special event ticket to an extra day on a regular ticket may or may not work. It’s not generally something allowed by ticketing, and it would need to be done before the 4th day is used. So options may depend 1) on what day is the special event and 2) whether ticketing allows using the special event ticket towards an extra day.
We are thinking of buying MVMCP. We arrive 12/21 and would have to purchase in advance (sell out). I suppose the only other day we could purchase would be 12/22 (if offered) so day 2. Wouldn’t DAS apply by check in date? What if we don’t go to the parks until day 3, say park days day 3, 5 and 7, 10 (12/30 MK for NYE party). We will probably go from 4 day to 5/6 day tickets closer to the date (payment for the Mar cruise is due end of Nov as well).

Currently we have 4 park day park hoppers. We don’t check out until 12/31.

We are thinking of buying MVMCP. We arrive 12/21 and would have to purchase in advance (sell out). I suppose the only other day we could purchase would be 12/22 (if offered) so day 2. Wouldn’t DAS apply by check in date? What if we don’t go to the parks until day 3, say park days day 3, 5 and 7, 10 (12/30 MK for NYE party). We will probably go from 4 day to 5/6 day tickets closer to the date (payment for the Mar cruise is due end of Nov as well).

Currently we have 4 park day park hoppers. We don’t check out until 12/31.
DAS is attached to the ticket not the resort reservation. So generally it's the first day of the ticket, but I'm sure they have a way to accommodate DAS during the parties if there isn't a valid regular theme park ticket. I recommend mentioning that when you do the pre-registration.

If your 4-day park ticket is part of a package it is valid from check-in date through check-out date of the package, which really works in your favor because otherwise you would need to adjust your park days to fit within the use-window. (And package tickets likely solves the DAS question as well.)

Your earlier post suggested that you may need to change the party ticket by applying it as an extra day to your regular ticket. First I don't think they cancel the party due to weather, so don't plan on that; second I don't know if they'll give a refund if they don't cancel. But even if it is canceled, I don't know if they'll allow you to use the party ticket credit to add days to your regular ticket. Especially since the upgrade from a 4-day to a 5-day (or even a 6-day) costs less than [what I assume is] the party ticket's value, but just generally speaking they can't apply 1 ticket to another existing ticket as an add-on. It's usually a 1-for-1 swap (1 old or unused ticket for 1 new dated ticket, or possibly 1 party ticket for 1 party ticket).

You are correct that I'm sure you'll need to buy the party ticket in advance. Last year I think those tickets, that close to the holiday, were around $200 or more. However I would not count on using that as any kind of credit to add-on to your regular park tickets. You may need to decide if you are willing to bite the bullet for party tickets and go despite weather, or skip the party and add an extra couple of days to your regular park tickets (for less cost). It really comes down to personal choice with regards to the party tickets.

DAS is attached to the ticket not the resort reservation. So generally it's the first day of the ticket, but I'm sure they have a way to accommodate DAS during the parties if there isn't a valid regular theme park ticket. I recommend mentioning that when you do the pre-registration.

If your 4-day park ticket is part of a package it is valid from check-in date through check-out date of the package, which really works in your favor because otherwise you would need to adjust your park days to fit within the use-window. (And package tickets likely solves the DAS question as well.)

Your earlier post suggested that you may need to change the party ticket by applying it as an extra day to your regular ticket. First I don't think they cancel the party due to weather, so don't plan on that; second I don't know if they'll give a refund if they don't cancel. But even if it is canceled, I don't know if they'll allow you to use the party ticket credit to add days to your regular ticket. Especially since the upgrade from a 4-day to a 5-day (or even a 6-day) costs less than [what I assume is] the party ticket's value, but just generally speaking they can't apply 1 ticket to another existing ticket as an add-on. It's usually a 1-for-1 swap (1 old or unused ticket for 1 new dated ticket, or possibly 1 party ticket for 1 party ticket).

You are correct that I'm sure you'll need to buy the party ticket in advance. Last year I think those tickets, that close to the holiday, were around $200 or more. However I would not count on using that as any kind of credit to add-on to your regular park tickets. You may need to decide if you are willing to bite the bullet for party tickets and go despite weather, or skip the party and add an extra couple of days to your regular park tickets (for less cost). It really comes down to personal choice with regards to the party tickets.
Thanks for the detailed response. Yes we will be buying the last and most expensive MVMCP party. I wasn’t looking at party cancellation to be used as park tickets. We will most likely add on park days regardless but only attend one MVMCP.

https://insidethemagic.net/2023/11/very-merry-christmas-party-disney-world-weather-cancellation-jc1/

We have never been so hoping for 12/22 to be a party night and we don’t have to worry about any flight delays/cancellations on 12/21. We would be happy with a few special meet and greets and special parade/fireworks.

I don't know if I'd go as far as that. Advance selections were a negligible benefit at best; most people I know only used them about half the time. I've always assumed they were more like an little bonus to get people to try the new online system. Lying to get DAS just for the advance selections seems like forging a bank loan application just to get the free calendar.
I would disagree, for those who don’t truly need the DAS, the advanced reservation times would work just like the older Fastpass+ system where they could book some rides each day with guaranteed return times and for those who don’t actually need a DAS, that would likely work just fine. For those who truly do need the DAS, the advanced reservations sounded good in theory, but the reality is the nature of the needs for many meant that having just a 1 hour return window doesn’t work a lot of the time. So honestly, the advanced reservations likely does promote more abuse of the system and should likely be done away with since there is so little benefit to those who truly need the DAS.

Basically for those who truly do need the assistance (DAS or otherwise), the advanced selections is kind of the equivalent of getting a free calendar. For those abusing the system, it is more like getting an extra $15-$20 per person in your account per day of the vacation and that’s in addition to the value of the DAS itself. That starts adding up fast and you can really see why people would try to abuse it.

Don’t get me wrong, generally when we go with other people, there are usually three of us that would need a DAS, we usually just get one though for the person that will ride all of the rides. But, I do understand that the current system isn’t sustainable, the problem is I don’t know what system could be put in place that will be sustainable long term.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter