Dating & Disney

DisneyBratSteph

Earning My Ears
I'm 22 from Massachusetts & it is almost impossible to find someone to date that will tolerate my Disney Parks obsession. I feel like Disney & Dating is easier if you live near Orlando or Anaheim. Does anyone else have this problem? I don't even think I'm that intense about it, but people just don't want to hear about what makes me incredibly happy. I've even gone so far that I tried this fake disney dating website. Ugh. Help?

Hang in there or move to Maryland there are plenty of young men down here that love Disney. It's funny my son required his now wife to love Disney.

It's hard to meet people no matter where you live or what your interests are. Best bet is to meet friends of your friends (and friends of those friends). All of my friends knew my Disney obsessiveness and knew I wanted to get married there. My now-husband was friends with my best friend's friend and one day he and I got together. Yes, we both grew up in Florida and so we'd both been to Disney many, many times, but it wasn't as big a deal to him as it was to me. I lived in Orlando and he lived 2 hours away and once we were officially dating he got a Disney Pass and every weekend he visited we went to Disney. He grew to understand my love of it, even if he never fully embraced it himself, and we were married at Disney.

Don't jump right in with "I LOVE DISNEY!" As with anything in a new relationship, get to know each other before sharing all of your personal obsessions. Share slowly. You can mention that you love to travel to Disney World but since you can't go that often you like to have Disney things, watch the movies, whatever it may be. Maybe he went as a kid or has gone as an adult and has good memories about it. He likely won't be as Disney-obsessed as you (after all, you're on the DIS!) but if he likes everything else about you, he'll like that too. If he doesn't . . . move on. At 22 you have a lot of time to find Mr. Right :goodvibes

I know you have bad luck with the fake disney dating site, but I met my Prince Charming on disdates.com! I never thought I could find someone that understood my disney obsession, never mind actual love disney more then me, lol.

I'd suggest not starting off with your Disney obsession. Just slowly and casually bring it in the more you see them.
When I first met my wife, I was at the age where I felt disenfranchised with Disney. They were just a part of my childhood I needed to just keep in the past. Then as I got to know her I realized how nuts about Disney she was but I knew her enough that I still liked her and knew that a Disney obsession wasn't that bad. But the more we dated and then eventually got married, I slowly started to fall back in love with everything.
It was all cemented when she booked us a trip to Disneyland in 2006. I had never been there before in my life. It was an eye opener, it totally unlocked every fond Disney memory I ever had and turned me into a Disney nut. We went again in 2011 and now that since then we've added a little bundle of joy to the mix we can't wait to take him for the first time. He's already been introduced to over half our Disney movie collection.

My fiance had never been to Disney when we met. I took him for the first time and he instantly became obsessed like me. Finding someone who knows little about Disney may bode well for you, because its something you can introduce him to and bond over. Thats what happened with us. Good luck!

DisneyBratSteph said:
I'm 22 from Massachusetts & it is almost impossible to find someone to date that will tolerate my Disney Parks obsession. I feel like Disney & Dating is easier if you live near Orlando or Anaheim. Does anyone else have this problem? I don't even think I'm that intense about it, but people just don't want to hear about what makes me incredibly happy. I've even gone so far that I tried this fake disney dating website. Ugh. Help?

Girl, I am in the same boat.

Dvcmbr09 said:
I know you have bad luck with the fake disney dating site, but I met my Prince Charming on disdates.com! I never thought I could find someone that understood my disney obsession, never mind actual love disney more then me, lol.

Really??? Trying this now.

I have trouble making friends in general. I'm 27 years old and have no friends and never had a boyfriend. I just feel like the Odd person out.

I was thinking perhaps we should come up with a Disney dating website like eharmony or match.com lol.

But online dating can be dangerous as well. I don't know how to meet people. I have tried meetup.com and really never fit in as well....even with people my own age.

So i'm with you with meeting people...

I have trouble making friends in general. I'm 27 years old and have no friends and never had a boyfriend. I just feel like the Odd person out.

I was thinking perhaps we should come up with a Disney dating website like eharmony or match.com lol.

But online dating can be dangerous as well. I don't know how to meet people. I have tried meetup.com and really never fit in as well....even with people my own age.

So i'm with you with meeting people...

Actually disdates.com already does that. And it's free. I'm on that, it's not very active though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter