Daughter Old enough to Swim with the dolphins?

Tiff7392

Earning My Ears
Question...my daughter is 10 and loves dolphins...she is begging to go to DC and swim with the dolphins. She's a great swimmer and animal lover....but this is a lot of money...esp. since I'd have to pay for both of us ;) I know she is old enough technically to do this...but do any of you have taken kids on this adventure? I know if it worked out it would be an experience of a lifetime...thanks.

While I haven't personally take a 10 year old along, I think that your daughter would have a great time, especially since she is a great swimmer and an animal lover.

Also, if you think she'd be okay going on the dolphin swim without you (there would be other people in her "pod" of course), then you can save about $90 by not doing the dolphin swim yourself.

My daughter went last year, she was 9 and loved it.
She wants to go again, we may do it next year, because yes, it costs alot of money, but it's worth it. Not only is the dolphin swim fun, but swimming in the coral reef lagoon had her hooked.

Like suggested, your daughter could do the swim and you could wait on the beach to save money. The swim is over real fast, only lasts 20 minutes and you'd be right there on the beach watching.

The next best thing is to visit Sea World and go to the Key West Dolphin feeding. A cup of fish is $4 and has 4 fish in it. You stand along a wall and the dolphins come up out of the water. You touch them under this nostrum (chin) then throw the fish in. Kids can't get enough of it.

We took two of our children ages 7 and 9 last year and they loved it. I don`think 10 is too young at all. I was a bit worried that once we go into the water they would be afraid but they weren`t at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter