Day 1, HRH, & meeting ROBIN!

maepartner

<font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=deepp
Cast: Me 40ish :)
Sister MUCH older 40ish

Drove from Boardwalk Villa over to HRH and did a pre-checkin around 10:30. The gal asked me if I wanted to do a down-grade from a clubroom to a garden view! I said, "Not". They had overbooked, it seems. I must caution you here if you valet park....I asked the attendant how much it cost, and he said "twelve dollars, maam" So I peeled off two tens and two ones, figuring a ten dollar tip plus the parking fee. Well, I got inside to checkin and the girl charged me $12.00 for valet parking! I told her I already paid and she said that payment is made inside. Of course the guy was nowhere to be seen, so I just chalked it up to experience. Nice tip huh?

Met Robinrs and my new adopted grandson Michael (Robin's "little"boy) . It was easy to spot Robin because she was the only one in the lobby who was under 5 ft tall :) And what a beautiful lobby! After all the introductions, the four of us went over to IOA. We did the Hulk first, (no waiting) ya gotta love that Express benefit from staying onsite. We we amazed at how much time we saved. Hulk was fun, but Sis chickened out. Then over to Spiderman and all 4 of us went on. I gotta tell ya, this is MY NEW FAVORITE!!!! I just LOVED ole Spidey!

The park itself was fairly crowded, but manageable. Our next ride was something like the tilt-a-whirl...tame, but breezy and felt good, as it was hot out. We then headed toward Mythos, tried to get on a ride but couldnt wait for the 20 minutes till next show so we breezed into Mythos and had lunch. The place is just beautiful, and has a very nice atmosphere. Sis wasnt crazy about the lobster & corn bisque (i think she was expecting a chowder) but Robin loved her chicken chipotle wrap. Michael and I had the apple jack chicken fingers (kids meal) lol. I didnt want to be stuffed, they were good and came with cheddar mashed potatoes.

We next went on a water ride in Jurrasic park and I gotta tell you, my sister looked like a drowned rat when we got off,,,,Robin and I didnt look much better and Michael just loved getting wet, LOL. Robin said she had never gotten drenched like that coming down that last hill, and as we watched people afterwards, we noticed that about every other one gets drenched. Must have something to do with the current when you hit the water.

By this time we were anxious to get into our Club room, so we started to leave, but Michael wanted to go on a water ride, dont know the name but you ride in a circular "raft" with about 8 people or so. So Robin and Michael rode while Sis and I waited,,,but I must tell you,,,we found those machines where you put a quarter in and you can soak people riding under the bridge on the rafts....and we must have spent thirty bux altogether....I never laughed so hard in my life, and it was absolutely the highlight of my day! ITs a MUST DO! Our first victims of course, were the unsuspecting Michael and Robin, LOL. Then we teamed up with other families who were trying to target their children or spouses, it was too funny! One woman gave Michael quarters to "get" her husband and he was glad to help,,,,OMG....I guess I must be easily amused. We only targeted the people that didnt have ponchos :) But to see the looks on these people's faces when they thought they were past the soaking danger.....
and then WHAM!

Well all good things must come to an end....so we headed back to the Hotel, stopping long enough to buy Michael's souvenir which was Sponge Bob Square Pants...too cute. The room was ready, club room #7037 overlooking some coaster off in the distance, and some other buildings. The room was beautiful! They had a wet-bar (extra of course) and cd player and coffee pot. It had a lot of little conveniences that make all the difference, q-tips the shower caps, the mending kit,(which my sister used) the lint brush(which my sister HAD to use) worked awesome , the body lotion, shampoo and conditioner, of course, shoe shining cloth, toothbrush w/toothpaste in a little pack to take to the park for those quick freshen ups,,,,, I could go on and on about the HRH,,,,the beds were soooo clean and comfy and pretty and the baths were quite upscale,,,,IMHO, (we had a club room,not sure if theyre all like that) and talk about spoiling you!

The lounge on the club room level was great! We hit it on Mexican nite, nice little wraps with meat and cheese, nachos and pico de gayo, this sausage and cheese deep which was delicious, beer, many different wines, soft drinks water etc....cheese and crackers, and fresh fruit. They had sofas and chairs, tvs, cd's you could take back to your room,,,,newspapers and there was an attendant at the desk to help you with your ressies, or just to answer questions and give you all the pamphlets youd need. It was great....they even brought me a blender which I was told by housekeeping was unavailable....(gotta love that concierge treatment) Id never go again without a club rooom. We said good-bye to Robin and Michael (was great fun meeting them,,first time Ive met someone from this board) and made plans to meet in Universal the next morning.

Back to the room and a knock on the door to see if we wanted turndown service....we turned down the turn down, and then regretted it...oh well, didnt need the chocolate anyway :)

That nite we had drinks in the lobby lounge and headed over to City Walk. We stopped at a coupla places for a drink, but were so tired we went back to the room early and fell fast asleep on the beautiful white beds.

Oh, Mary! I still smile when I think of those days!

I swear, I feel like I knew you and Theresa forEVER! And Michael will never get over his "Grandma Mary!" You two made my trip totally awesome!

Give Theresa (the FUNNY one) a hug for me and her grandnephew! And thanks again for old Spongebob BROWNpants!! Michael now has a new little brother! :D

Thanks for the report.

Did they offer you any incentive to take the garden view room? Do you know if some club rooms are garden view?

Just curious, what was the blender for?

Thanks for the report.

Did they offer you any incentive to take the garden view room? Do you know if some club rooms are garden view?

Just curious, what was the blender for?

NO, I dont understand why they didnt offer an incentive, doesnt make sense other than the lower price. All of the club rooms, I believe, are on the seventh floor and you need to have a 7th floor room key to get up there, and Im sure there must be garden views, though I didnt bother asking because of the overbooking situation.

As for the blender, I told them it was for a special "nutritional" diet I was on for health purposes.........but *whispers... it was really for frozen mud slides (mental health) :) shhhhh........mum's the word! * :jester:

Which did you enjoy more, BWV or HRH?

I must confess, we own at DVC and I enjoyed myself more at HRH than at my DVC :confused: :confused: How sad is that?

I think it may be because I enjoyed the USF parks more, but the jury is still out on that one. We go back next week, looking forward.

Originally posted by Muushka
Which did you enjoy more, BWV or HRH?
Wow, thats a tough one!

At BWV,,,,the view was AWESOME! I also loved being close to EPCOT (my fav park). The room was nice and had everything I needed, but that was a one-bedroom. If it was a studio, i definitely would like the HRH more. (as rooms go)

At HRH,,,the room was prettier, had more conveniences (see above) and more upscale (club room) and the concierge service was especially nice...I did miss not having a fridge though :) Glad I had my cooler with me.

If you're talking just rooms (without considering the park theyre in) I would say I liked the Hard Rock better. Actually, I had MUCH more "attraction" fun at Universal because of the Express perk for onsite guests.

There is that Disney magic though that noone else can touch, and they have alot more CMs at WDW you can get info from, I guess Id go to WDW for the Magic and for browsing.....and go to HRH for a great stay and lots of "ride fun" (especially if my teens are with me). Hope this helps :) Mae

p.s. ...and Muushka, I know exactly what you mean about having a better time there LOL, you shouldnt let it bother you....theres a good reason for it! :)

Nice to read about your meeting! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter