Day 1, Thursday 4-4-02

pathubia

<font color=green>Gets lost at Portofino<br><font
Cast: Me 40ish
DH 41
DD 8 going on 27

We couldnt get all 3 nights at the HRH so we booked a room at the Portifino for our 1st night. When I booked the room our ressies were for a King bed with a day bed for DD ($150 ent rate).
When we checked in (7 pm) that type of room was not available, so they put us in a room with 2 queen beds, wow, the beds were so high off the floor, DD had to jump to get in, they were the MOST comfy beds we have evere slept in. The bathroom was HUGE, glass shower, toilet with a phone on the wall next to it, DD insisted on calling a friend, large tub and a double sink. The room was the highlight of our stay there. DD broke her glasses after being there 10 minutes, she really needs her glasses and her eyes cross when she doesnt have them on. (we have tried every thing, 2 surgeries, patches, exercises, etc). The beach pool closed at 8 pm, so we missed it, she went for a dip at the Villa pool, nice, about 5 other kids were swimming around. We headed to USF around 8:45 to catch the 10 pm Mardi Gras parade. DH loves the Pat Travers Band and they were playing on the stage, DH was in heaven, DD only likes *NSYNC and that type of music so she was bored, there werent many people around so we watched the parade from there too. What a GREAT TIME the parade was, we got lots of beads, The floats were beautiful, and the costumes were out of this world. After the parade we headed to the Hard Rock Cafe for a late supper, DD had yummy nachos, I had a salad with chicken, and DH had a burger, no complaints. Great server, her name was JoMarie, had some cool tatoos and sat down at the table with us a few times when she could to chat. Dragged our tired bodies to the water shuttle to the Portifino.

Notes: For us the Portifino is way to quiet and it is very confusing to get around, We never left the room without getting lost and losing our bearings. It is very beautiful and would make a great honeymoon spot.

Did get our Loews welcome gift, milk and choc chip cookies and DD got a kids welcome gift, beach pail filled with candy.

The room had a shutters between the bathroom and the room and DD kept climbing up on the tub and jumping onto the bed (cute the 1st time, got real old after that).

Patty

Thanks for the report!!! I just got back from HRH and I'm trying to decide on HRH or Portofino for my DH's suprise birthday present. He travels to Italy alot so Portofino would be right up his alley, plus not as many kids around, however he is a big rock music fan, so I'm not sure which one to do.....I'll be interested to read your HRH review.

Thanks for the report!!! I just got back from HRH and I'm trying to decide on HRH or Portofino for my DH's suprise birthday present. He travels to Italy alot so Portofino would be right up his alley, plus not as many kids around, however he is a big rock music fan, so I'm not sure which one to do.....I'll be interested to read your HRH review.

THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO POST. PORTOFINO SOUNDS WONDERFUL.

LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT POST.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter