Day 2 of HRH/US/IOA Trip

PaulAllensMom

Earning My Ears
Day 2 – 5/26/02 (Sunday)

We got up about 7:00, and went downstairs for the breakfast buffet at the Sunset Grill. It was a little pricey, but we both like to have a big breakfast, so it was worth it. We decided to start at Universal Studios, since DS and I both wanted to ride MIB and see what kind of scores we could get. We took the shortcut through the gate behind the water slide at the pool, which makes it a very short walk, and were at the US gate before they opened. We headed straight for MIB as soon as they let us in. We rode MIB twice, and our scores were dismal, but we had a great time. We both love MIB! I had forgotten to pack DS’s hat, so we bought him an MIB hat to keep the sun off his face. He wore that hat every day, he really loved it. Our MIB scores improved over the course of the trip, my high was 275,000, and DS managed to get 282,000, but neither of us was able to break 300,000. I forgot all of the tips I had read on this board. On one of our rides a guy in our car (in a white NASCAR shirt) had 999,999 points! That time, we got the black suits! We were thrilled, even if our scores weren't that great. I asked the 999,999 guy how he did it, and he said he was Agent M. Real funny. I started to ask him if he was the MIB guy from DISboards, but the people in the car behind us decided it would be fun to start screaming their heads off about then, so I didn’t get a chance. After MIB, we rode Back to the Future, which was very fun. Really great effects! Then we headed for Jaws, fun but kind of “cheesy” in DS’s words. Earthquake was closed that day for maintenance, but we went on Kongfrontation and Twister, both of which were fun. DS also thought Kongfrontation was a little “cheesy” (his new favorite word), but he really liked Twister, although I didn’t find it all that entertaining. An F5 tornado passed less than a mile from our house a few years ago, and I just thought the whole Twister show was a little disturbing, but DS loved it, and we went back to it on our last day. After Twister, we headed back to HRH for some pool time, and had lunch at the Beach Club. DS had a kid's hamburger and fries, and they added 1 slice of tomato and 1 lettuce leaf for an extra dollar. Oh well, at least he had some vegetables. I had the spinach salad with chicken, it was very good, and we both had quite a bit of food. I think lunch for both of us was about $25. Not cheap, but convenient. DS and I swam for a while, then went up to the room and changed back into dry clothes so we could head for IOA about 3:00. By this time we were both pretty wiped out. We rode Spider Man, which is just incredible. It’s almost too intense, I had to take my 3D glasses off a couple of times just to catch my breath. We walked around a little, but by then we were really exhausted, and DS was getting a blister, so we bought some band-aids at one of the gift shops, doctored DS's blister, and headed back to HRH. I can’t even say enough good things about the Front Of The Line access with our HRH room key. The only ride we had to wait for was Spiderman, and that was just about 10 minutes. Everything else was basically just a walk-on. The concierge gave us a couple of cards for a free souvenir at NBA (at CityWalk), so we took the boat and went there for dinner. I had a really good mandarin chicken salad, and DS had pizza, of course, and a chocolate shake. I tasted the shake, and it was really good. He got a couple of ink pens with little plastic basketballs on the ends for the free souvenirs, and he was happy. We went back to the room and collapsed after dinner. DS watched Harry Potter on the in-room movies on TV (I believe it cost about $10, which was cheaper than going to the movies), and then we were out for the night. Those beds at HRH are really comfortable, I slept great the whole trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter