Day 3, April 6

pathubia

<font color=green>Gets lost at Portofino<br><font
Day 3, April 6

Cast: Me 40ish
DH 41
DD 8

Today we had a late start. We just cant get up and ready early. We headed back to IOA around 10 am. DD grabbed a ham croissant and I had a fruit cup at the park. DD and DH went on the HULK, I skipped it so I could drink my coffee. The three of us headed over to Dr Doom. We all went on that. As soon as we got off DD got sick. So much for eating and going right on HULK and Dr. Doom. Got her settled and cleaned up and rode on Spidey!!!!! By far the best ride I have been ever on. We love it. Headed to Toon Lagoon where we watched a fun street show. DD got picked to do the Limbo!!!!!! Next stop was Blutos Barges, we got soaked, but put our sneakers in the container, they stayed very dry. Next ride was Ripsaw Falls. DD took her sneakers off again to keep them dry.
When the ride hit bottom, her toes went backwards and she couldnt walk. The ride attendant called health services, they came and gave her tylonel and a wheelchair. She couldnt walk so we decided to eat lunch and go back to the hotel.

We had pizza at the comic book cafe. It was pretty tasty. DD wanted to go on Cat in the Hat but it was going to be down so we skipped it.

Started back to the HRH, stopped off at the Margarittaville stand for a couple of margaritta's to go, its very hard to push a wheelchair and drink a margaritta. But we did it. You cant bring alcoholic bev from Universal property to HRH property, so we had to suck them down at the entrance. Severe Brain Freeze.

This was Luau Night at the hotel, up to the rooms to get ready, DD brought her own hula skirt with her and wore it to the pool. They set up food and drink stands all around the pool. They even had a bar in the towel hut. You had to buy tickets for drinks $10 for a margaritta. The cost of the Luau was $16.95 an adult and 9.95 for kids. The food was set up to the right of the Beach Club. The beach area was blocked off and they had a Hawaiian band and Hula dancers, etc. DD got picked to learn the hula on stage. It was a great time. The food was good, and the music was fun. They showed "Blue Hawaii" for the Dive-In Movie that night.

We got changed about 7pm. DH had signed up for the volley ball tournament which was supposed to start at 8. Unfortunately it was not run very well and they kept scratching him from teams and he never got to play. We had a few drinks at the Beach Club Bar, at 10 DD decided that she was hungry again so we headed to the Sunset Grill. She ordered kids macaroni and cheese. Thats what she got, a very small portion of mac and cheese, no veggies, no roll, nothing but a cup of mac and cheese for $4.

DD was getting pretty tired, so we went upstairs tuck her in. I headed to the Velvet Bar around 11. The rock stars that were there were doing a "unplugged session" in the bar. I had 1 drink and headed back to the room, I was actually sleeping on my feet.

Thanks for the report. Gotta love those margaritas!!

Did you know ahead of time about Aloha night or other special nights? How were you notified?

Hi, the HRH sent us a letter about a week before we arrived and let us know what was going on. We had no idea when we booked that the weekend we picked would be the 1st birthday bash.

Patty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter