Day 6--final wrap up.

gschmerl

<font color=red>Not ignored by the Tag Fairy any l
Day six-Final wrap up

Cast Me 52 year old female
My friend 54 year old female

We did final packing and went down to the Sunset Grille for their buffet breakfast. I wasn’t really impressed with their buffet, but the grits were very good. We had an 11:30 pick up from Mears and they were right on time. Our trip back to Philadelphia went very smoothly.
Final analysis—I really liked the HRH. The pool area is great and I didn’t even mind that the pool was so shallow (I’m 5’10” and like deep water). Everyone there was very nice. In fact everyone throughout the parks was very nice. Early morning coaster riders were great, fun people.
Mythos and the Latin Quarter were my favorite restaurants. We didn’t find the prices to be high at all. Our lunch at Lombard’s Landing was good. The gyro at Fire Eaters Grille was wonderful. Hard Rock Café has decent food, but is SOOOOOO LOUD!!
I decided Hulk was my favorite coaster. That launch is just incredible. The front rows of Fire and Ice are pretty terrific. Lets not forget Kraken, which is a fantastic coaster!
Garden View room was fine. We spent very little time in the room. Only went there to shower, change and sleep. House keeping was good. I really liked their body lotion. It’s also one of the very few hotels that has a Real hair dryer—not one of those weak things attached to the wall. BUT..what’s up with the scale in the vanity area? Who wants to get weighed on vacation?¿
We had nice weather most of the time. We had free movie passes as part of our package, but didn’t even get to use them.
Enjoyed all the parks, including SeaWorld.
It was hot but not unbearable. We usually went to the parks early and then headed back to the pool. Then we returned to the parks at night. I love the way the parks look at night. It’s like a different place.
The best part of the trip was the MAGIC ROOM KEY PRIORITY ACCESS!!

fboy,
In a four day period I rode the Hulk six timed, Fire five times, and Ice eight times. I rode Kraken twice. Sorry, the magic key has expired!

We leave for HRH in 7 days 10 hrs but whos counting. Thanks for the reports. The more I read the more anxious I get. Did the magic key work at the Latin Quareter?
Riverview :smooth: :bounce: :p :bounce: :wave:

Riverview,
We passed by the Latin Quarter about 2:00 the afternoon we wanted to have dinner there. We stopped in and got a reservation for that night with no problem, so we didn't need the magic key. We would have been able to get a table without a reservation. There was no wait to get in. Margaritaville had a long line outside.

Wow! GREAT reports! I really enjoyed reading them.

Where did you get a hazelnut gelato? It sounds mmmmm.

nhrenee,
We got the chocolate hazlenut gelato at Pastamore's take out counter. It just said chocolate on the sign, but they told us it was chocolate hazlenut. They give very generous portions. It was YUMMY!

About those scales.....

We stayed at the Portofino Bay before staying at the Hard Rock. Both places had scales, but I weighed 10 lbs less on the scale at Portofino!! I really had thought I had lost some weight, as I had been so busy getting ready for the trip and nervous too. But then when I weighed at the Hard Rock, I had gained it all back! Boo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim:wave: :wave: :wave:

gschmerl did you say gelato. I got hooked on that in Italy I love it. Another thing to look forward to.
Riverview :smooth: :bounce: :p :bounce: :wave:

Riverview,
At Pastamore's the other flavors are ice cream, but the chocolate hazlenut is gelato. You'll love it.

Really enjoyed all your reports! Thanks for posting them! :)

Thanks Gschmerl these have been great reports.
Boy, I can't wait to get to the HRH! :D
Only 35 days to go!! :D :D :D

Thanx for the super reports. Counting down 62 days to HRH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter