Day one in my backyard..Picture Update 9/19 Gorgeous!!!

Vanessa, I think it is time for another update! Perhaps your DH will start cooking at home if he has a "dream kitchen" there!

OK, here you go. new area is being framed..that's my DS up there.
107framing_day_2-med.jpg

Wowza, it's huge! You're building a whole new house! Beautiful design, nice and open.
After this experience you can start a new career as a General Contractor.

I thought you said you were blowing out a wall to build a new kitchen. When did it become a full blown extension with a second floor? I think you left out a few details. LOL! And YES, I am definitely jealous.

That's okay though... BIG PARTY AND SLEEP-OVER at AMID'S HOUSE in a few months down the road!!!!

That upstairs part is going to be a bigger bathroom with a tub and storage beyond a walk in closet.

My new kitchen and family room will be a great place for a party....we can have it when I'm ready to redesign and plant the new beds...you all want to help, right?

Actually mary...for what i'm putting up with for HIS kitchen, my husband wouldnt say a word! so yes, it' unlimted. what did you have in mind?

Wow! It looks and sounds like things are progressing as you hoped they would.

Thanks for the update.

Bobbi:D

Amid: Don't have anything particular in mind. I was thinking I could live vicariously through you since I don't have an unlimited plant budget. ;)

Ya know, marydmjj, you expressed my feelings exactly. Watching another's dream come true is also a pleasant pastime!

Bobbi:D

Oh wow Vanessa, this is really coming along!!! Very exciting....a construction site (must show it to DH..lol)! :p

:wave2: Waving to Bob! :teeth:

KIM..Hi ya Honey....been missing you!

Right now I have a bathtub sitting in my backyard...have to get it in before they weather tight the place,

You're going to have a bath in your backyard? :eek:

Ummm....okay...lol. Don't get too pruney!! :teeth:

Ohhh...get pics too, if you're comfortable with that......:p

Leaving tomorrow a.m. for Sunny Florida! YES!! Upon my return, hope to see new progress pictures posted and perhaps an update on our unlimited budget planting party plans!

Snowwark - Delighted to see you posting again.

Have a great trip, Tulirose! :D

Unlimited budget planting party plans? Hmmmm......an F&G birthday shindig? Now you've got me thinking....lol. :smooth:

I was away in NYC for 3 days and when I returned the old wall was gone and now the new room is open...and OMG it's huge. I just looked at my husband and said "what the **** are you going to do with all that space?" It's pretty dark so I'm not sure a picture would turn out, I'll give it a try today.

Here's the picture. let's see if i can explain it.
I am standing in the old kitchen's back wall. The 2 posts in the middle are where the old wall was...those will be gone eventually.
The wall you see to the right will be all glass, the wall to the left is the side of the house and will have 2 windows with window seats and the gas fireplace.

107wall_removed__looking_from_old_kitchen-med.jpg

Wow Vanessa!!! :D This is exciting! The window seats sound like a cozy idea.

Have they started any plumbing or wiring work yet?

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter