DCA Block Party Bash

JanetRose

...what was the meaning of the big white glove?
I thought this was a parade but according to the park map, it indicates three different party zones. Is it more of a show? Thanks!

It's a little of both. It's very cute. It's pretty much a travelling show. It's just one group, they stop and do a little show (maybe 4-5 minute stop) then they move on to the next location.

I would call it more of a show then a traditional parade.
It is a high engry show too!
We really enjoyed it. My DH & DS were doing the YMCA with Flik! It was great!!!
I highly recommend it at least once.

We walked into the Block Party show by accident. We were trying to get over to the Hollywood Back Lot area to get to Aladdin and we had to take the long route around instead of cutting through the show. We did watch a little bit of it and I took some pictures. It is a very cute show! Very lively and great for the kids.

We needed to get to Aladdin because my sister had never seen it. Both Mom and I did before and we didn't mind a second viewing. When I first saw it in April with my co-worker, we got there late and ended up in the nose bleed section on the very top balcony! This last time, we sat in three seats of the Orchestra and there was a wide space behind us where Aladdin's Caravan came through! Also, a camel rider came up to us during "A Whole New World" and I got to pet the camel's nose! It was such a better seat than where I sat before. Plus, I highly recommend this show. It's awesome!

b4u2love said:
Does anyone know what the Boot Camp is?

I think it is the Little Green Army Men from Toy story that come through before the parade starts and try to get the crowd excited and doing little things.

Yeah, the Block Party Bash goes through all 3 zones, but stops occasionally as they do their little dances. There is a section with each of the Pixar movies. Its awesome and really gets your shaking your bootay! Its really high energy and cute. They throw little bouncy balls at the end (one which bounced right on top of my head) and they play with different toys including trampolines, jump ropes, scooters, etc. I just felt bad for some of the dancers because it was soooo hot outside and you could see them sweating badly. I just hope they had some water for them in those floats! I have included some pics for your enjoyment! A great time though; highly recommended!

63df81c5.jpg

b93020ab.jpg

6d6cb989.jpg

f6c18b0b.jpg

37c511b6.jpg

I took a picture of the last guy because I though he was a major cutie patootie! LOL! :love:

This was a must see for kids. My boys loved it! We saw the monster float stop and the kids loved sully. The only problem is those balls they shoot out all these kids trying to get them. :) A green army man gave my oldest 1 so the rest of the trip we heard a lot of bickering from the other 2. Caught the end of the parade another day and caught another ball. So now when we go back in December we have to try and catch another for the third one. :rotfl: Maybe that's the idea to get you to visit DCA multiple times. So all the siblings get a ball. It's a conspiracy to boost DCA attendance ;) . HEHE. But seriously, it is a great parde/show. Highly reccomend it.

I've been examining the times that Block pary and Aladdin are in the afternoon. Block party is at 5:15. Aladdin is at 4:20 and 6:05. Am I correct in thinking there's no way I could do one and then the other? I figure the 4:20 Aladdin wouldn't get over in time to get a spot for the 5:15 BPB. I figure the BPB wouldn't be over in time to get to the 6:05 Aladdin? Please inform me.

Also, is it obvious from the Disney maps where to sit to be entertained by your favorites (ie. we want to be in the Toy Story section, not the Bug's Life). Not sure if I'm asking correctly. I'm assuming it's like a parade, but the parade stops and does shows. We want to sit where we'll get the best Toy Story show.

One more question since we'll be napping in the afternoons... what time do we need to get back to CA to get a spot for the 5:15 BPB. :earsgirl:

Brenda,
I'd say that the best bet would be to catch BPB first at 5:15 and then head over to Aladdin. Reason being is that Aladdin is 45 minutes long, so you definately wouldnt make the beginning of BPB. The BPB stops are usually 15 minutes a piece so you should be done seeing the entire stop at 5:30 if you catch the parade at the first "party zone" . BUT! There are 3 stops...so if you want to catch the last stop...you should be able to catch the 4:20 Aladdin. The stops generally last about 15 minutes each. So, you would figure that the BPB would hit the last "party zone" at about 5:45, giving you plenty of time to make it. I hope I'm not making things more confusing...

Basically, all 3 stops are the same...so you just need to catch one 15 minute stop. So, you can hit the first zone, get done at 5:30 ish and head over to Aladdin to catch at 6:05. OR...you can see Aladdin at 4:20 and hit the last party zone at about 5:45. So, you do have options!

As far as catching the Toy Story section, you will want to be at the very end of the party zone since the Toy Story floats are the first ones. The parade travels through the whole party zone before stopping.

And for your last question, DCA doesnt get crazy busy during this parade, its nothing compared to Fantasmic or Remember in DL. It is nice to find a good spot to where you dont have to jump over people to see. Keep in mind though that you will probably be standing up anyways, because they have you dancing and moving around. I would say you could grab a good spot anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes before the show.

OH! And one more thing...on really, really hot days, the BPB only makes one stop at the first "party zone"! So, keep that in mind if you decide to go w/ the 4:20 Aladdin show.

Brenda1966 you basically asked all the questions I was going to. :teeth: My son loves toy story too and we wanted to know where the best spot to sit for it too. (Problem is I love Monsters Inc and the Incredibles too! LOL) I am glad to hear that it doesn't get so crazy to get a spot. I think that we will be ok for it.
Diamondprincess thanks for answering, I think I am a little confused, probably because I need to see a map. So depending on where you are sitting, you will only see/enjoy one of the floats or themes, and then will only see the others in passing on the way to their next zone?? OK, if that is the situation, and Toy story is the first float, can others tell me what the order is for the remaining floats, so we will know which one we want to catch if we change our mind?
And I heard the entrance of DCA is more crowded for this, if you move farther back on the parade route, like at the first stop zone, is it less crowded?
Thanks! :goodvibes

Yes, it definately helps to see a map! Yes, depending on where you sit, you will enjoy one "stop". The parade moves through the whole park, but it only stops 3 times. So, you will see all the floats as they pass, but you will only see one section when they stop and dance. The order is Toy Story first, then Monsters Inc, and then Bugs Life. Yes, about the entrance to DCA being more crowded, this zone is the most crowded for sure because there are actually chairs and tables you can sit at; plus, more people want to see the very first stop, so they all gather by the stop by the entrance to DCA. Further along the route, you definately notice less and less people. Have a great trip!

Thanks for all the great replies. The explanations are helping but I'm still not getting it. LOL. :rotfl:

A ............................... B

Okay if the parade starts at point A, then to see Toy Story I want to be at point B, right? And there are 3 of these A - B "sections", the first by the entrance is most crowded, the last, back in the park, would be less crowded and occur later? Is this right?

How do people who don't do their homework ever survive the parks? :earboy2:

Yes! You got it! Point B would be where you would want to be in order to see the Toy Story "stop". That way, when the floats actually stop and the dancing starts, you will get to see Woody, Jessie, Mr. Potato Head, etc from Toy Story. I love Toy Story myself, so we always made sure to be at that area. Yes, there are 3 A --- B stops and the 1st stop will always be the most crowded because of course people want to see the parade when it first comes out. The later stops are less crowded and do occur later - in about 15 minute increments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter