• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

DCA Food & Wine Festival 2023 Superthread - Read First Post for Updates - Now Updated with Full Menus

If I order from one booth, for various food items located elsewhere, do I have to get them all on that day or can I get some from the same receipt, the following day etc.?

The Winemaker’s Reception with Kurt Russell last night was pretty amazing. It was a three+ hour event with paired wine and food tasting. He spent the evening talking about his inspiration for GoGi wine, the process, each of the wine pairings and his passion for growing grapes. Chef Sutton and Chef Flores were on hand all evening as well, describing the food and the flavors used to pair with the accompanying wine.

I’m still basking in the glow about how special this event was…

View attachment 745525
View attachment 745526

I'm SO JEALOUS ! This is the one event I wanted to do this year but was sold out before I could commit.
Last year I did the Skywalker Vineywards one which was absolutely wonderful as well. I would highly recommend any of these to someone who enjoys wine and dining experiences.

Side note I had a bottle of GoGi Chardonnay at Topolino Terrace at Riviera Resort in WDW the end of January which was FABULOUS.

Yes, @Astylla It was outstanding! We've attended Winemaker Receptions in the past and they just keep getting better each year. I've contemplated doing a full review on here with detailed thoughts and pics, but I think this one is just going to simmer in my own brain for awhile. Attaching a few more pics of the day. Rainy, but that allowed for some spectacular photo ops. After the reception, we stopped in for a nightcap and dessert at the Napa Rose. Divine!
foodcollage.png310collage.pngnaparose.jpg

I have to eat my words.
I went ahead and bought some food items.

Honey Habanero Wings - a MUST. Honestly, they taste like BBQ chip flavoring. I do wish they were hot temperature wise, however flavoring was spot on, a bit of a kick that hits after the sweet.
5 Mickey Bar Rating :mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar

Chile Relleno Empanada - delicious. the sauce is a bit on the salty side, it has a vinegary taste that pairs well with the cheese. very flavorful.
4 Mickey Bar Rating :mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar

Brisket Slider - meh. the meat was tender and not fatty. It wasn't a smokey BBQ flavor but more on the generic taste of BBQ with a sweet undertone. The crunchy fried onions were a nice touch.
3 Mickey Bar Rating :mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar

Pineapple Coconut Churro - I liked it! Honestly, my churro wasn't as fluffy and also tasted a bit stale and cold. The buttery pineapple compote was delicious, and they need to consider putting it as a topping on a sundae at Clarabelle's.
3.5 Mickey Bar Rating :mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar

I finally made it to this year's F&W festival over the weekend.

Highlights of the festival:
  • The chile relleno empanada from the Peppers Cali-ente was the best of the fest for our group! Other top items: Impossible nacho mac & cheese from Avocado Time; Carbonara mac & cheese from Garlic Kissed; and Roasted beet and goat cheese flatbread from Golden Dreams.
  • Honestly, all the vegetarian items really soared this year.
  • Mixology with The Blind Rabbit and the Disney sommelier wine seminars were excellent. So glad they still do these (as they've gotten rid of the seminars at Epcot).
Lowlights:
  • The lack of wine from the Food & WINE Festival. Each year, the number of wines on offer shrinks and shrinks. This year, only one marketplace (Uncork California) offered wine. Disney needs to up the number of marketplaces serving wine, or consider renaming the festival.
  • The merchandise -- in my opinion, this was the worst merchandise on offer since the festival's relaunch in 2016. There was only one t-shirt available -- for Magic Keyholders -- and it was completely sold out by early April. The design on the wine glasses was incredibly generic and didn't include any nods to DCA or Disney as they usually do. And the branded beer glasses that were always playfully designed have been missing in action for several years now.
I've defended the F&W menus on these boards for the amount of repeat items/marketplaces, arguing that they're still recovering after the pandemic. But the lackluster merchandine in addition to the repeat items makes me concerned that Disney was just phoning it in this year.

But don't get me wrong -- I still really enjoyed myself this year!

Spent the day enjoying the beautiful sunshine and activities at DCA. Did a wine tasting with Ryan Hill, from Hill Family Estates. If you have a chance to do his event this weekend, do it. $25.00 well spent. He’s super engaging,
a great educator on farming in general & making wine.

CD60C7B9-0065-4BCC-86FD-F147F06E920A.jpeg36123B45-22C4-4F44-A473-7188299C28A8.jpeg
Had dinner at Carthay Circle. Delicious as always. Took some pics from the balcony

027B8897-1861-4BDD-87A4-65B962DAC521.jpeg78AF2B09-7E25-4490-A57C-97137819F404.jpegDB0954EB-EE28-4ED8-B1BD-C0DE10C73478.jpeg

Stopped by Off the Page and saw this in a case. A slice of one of the removed diseased trees from POTC. It can be yours for $6,500! Of course Disney would monetize the removal of these trees. I said that would happen, jokingly and my husband pointed this out yesterday. 🤣

8A828734-F3D2-47E1-97D2-65C39E7522ED.jpeg

Fun day for sure! 🍷🕶️🌞

I went back for the last day.

Snickers Mickey Macaron: These started to become low quantity around 5pm. I'm happy I decided to get one, because it was delicious. Very Sweet but literally tastes like a Snickers Bar. 5/5

Garlic Mash and Steak with Chimichurri Sauce - Um, this was my favorite item, even over the delicious wings (which I ordered again). The garlicy sauce was the winner. I order two servings and the first was absolutely tender and fall apart; the second one not so much. 5/5

Carbonara Garlic Mac and Cheese - the bacon was delicious. It was rich and flavorful. The portion was on the smaller size. 4.5/5

Kenny's Cheesecake - actually pretty good, I needed more Cheesecake flavor, it was dense but light on the cheese imo. The berry compote was delicious. 4/5

Snickers Mickey Macaron: These started to become low quantity around 5pm. I'm happy I decided to get one, because it was delicious. Very Sweet but literally tastes like a Snickers Bar. 5/5
We love these! I think we probably bought a half dozen throughout the festival.

We also thought the Bulgogi Fried Rice was quite good (and a big portion).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter