DCL/ABD Med Cruise Question

airbear

Earning My Ears
I recently checked out the Disney Cruise web site specifically the Med. cruises with the ABD add-ons. Out of curiousity why is the category 12 cabins so much cheaper then the next category up? This is a great deal for a 10 or 11 night cruise. I was just wondering if this price is to encourage ABD bookings or is that the price those cabins always are?

I recently checked out the Disney Cruise web site specifically the Med. cruises with the ABD add-ons. Out of curiousity why is the category 12 cabins so much cheaper then the next category up? This is a great deal for a 10 or 11 night cruise. I was just wondering if this price is to encourage ABD bookings or is that the price those cabins always are?

The Cat 12s are always cheaper. DCL had the cheap May Med cruises before they annnounced the ABD add on. With Cat 12 you can't choose your stateroom. Depending on the bookings you may be upgraded. I'm not a cruise expert so some of our more experienced cruisers can give you more info. I booked at Cat 12 last Dec for the Bahamas cruise and was upgraded to a Cat 9.

when dcl has a hard time booking they will offer the cat 12 gty at a very good price. it has nothing to do with the abd. with the economy and air prices and being school time they had to discount bigtime. the 14 night repo is going for 699 in a cat 12 gty.

Oh I did not know any of this. I am not an experienced cruiser at all. I have one Carnival cruise under my belt and that was several years ago. I wish I could go on the Med. cruise in May as the price is very affordable. I did get the free cruise promo. with my July booking so that'll be fun.

This is how I'm doing the ABD/DCL med cruise in May. The Cat 12 GTY was so much cheaper than the next higher category, that difference *MORE* than paid for the ABD add-on! The other nice thing is the cost is the same for the 11-night as for the 10-night, so I'm getting an extra day of vacation for "free". I'm hopeful that I might get an upgrade; just on the DISboard Meet thread for our cruise there's twice as many people who have Cat 12 GTY reservations as there actually *are* Cat 12 staterooms! (I've counted 25 families so far, and there's only 13 Cat 12 staterooms). And that's just the folks posting on the DIS. So a bunch of people will be getting some sort of upgrade. I just hope I'm one of them!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter