DCL carry-on alcohol policy changing Sept. 30 2015

How are the exchanges through the meets working? Are people meeting at port and dividing into carry-ons or just delivering to each other onboard and paying back the $?

How are the exchanges through the meets working? Are people meeting at port and dividing into carry-ons or just delivering to each other onboard and paying back the $?

I picked up a bottle from a winery around the bend from us for someone on our cruise. I bought it, sent them a picture of the bottle and the receipt and they repaid me via PayPal in less than an hour. Do whatever you're most comfortable with. We exchanged phone numbers and I'll be passing it off to them at port before we board.

I'd like to see an analysis on their alcohol sales/revenue once this policy started.

Me too, they will be getting zero from us. The only thing I might be tempted by is if they have a high end whiskey or cognac tasting, but since we are on shorter cruises I doubt it. Will be curious to see how busy the bars are too.

Me too, they will be getting zero from us. The only thing I might be tempted by is if they have a high end whiskey or cognac tasting, but since we are on shorter cruises I doubt it. Will be curious to see how busy the bars are too.
I said they would get no money from us but we did mixology w our group which I regret bc it was disgusting drinks. we also did the rum tasting.

We bought the soft sided cooler onboard and took our beer to castaway. I was shocked that my Conk Cooler ended up being $9 on Castaway.

I did help myself to plenty of drinks at the Captains reception, but the dVC event was the most watered down drinks ever.

I said they would get no money from us but we did mixology w our group which I regret bc it was disgusting drinks. we also did the rum tasting.

We bought the soft sided cooler onboard and took our beer to castaway. I was shocked that my Conk Cooler ended up being $9 on Castaway.

I did help myself to plenty of drinks at the Captains reception, but the dVC event was the most watered down drinks ever.

can I ask what drinks you had at the mixology, all my classes have been great, but I've been pretty lucky with bartenders I've had running them

Some type of Tokyo Tea it was bright neon green. The other was a spin on a Mojito it was made with dark rum and something else. Both those drinks were really bad.

The other drinks were a momosa with Malibu added, a fireball shot with rumchata, and a tiny martini raspberry and chocolate. Those 3 were ok.

The first 2 honestly tasted like poo.

Some type of Tokyo Tea it was bright neon green. The other was a spin on a Mojito it was made with dark rum and something else. Both those drinks were really bad.

The other drinks were a momosa with Malibu added, a fireball shot with rumchata, and a tiny martini raspberry and chocolate. Those 3 were ok.

The first 2 honestly tasted like poo.
...pretty sure I was in that class with you. :eek:

It is. Well, from what I remember. I sampled it in the shop. They served it chilled in the tiniest little glass. I may have been that hot or that worn in the moment but it was faaaaaaaabulous. I've done some looking (asking) at our local liquor stores (big stores) but none of them have heard of coffee wine. I may check some wine specialty shops. If I'd known it was impossible to find I would've bought a case. I'm saving (read: coveting) my bottle until I can sip it with my mom. Thankfully, she'll be here next week. I'm practically giddy just thinking about it. LOL!
In CA we have a winery here that has a coffee wine... its very yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter