DCL needs better communication

Was looking at DW and mine plans for our Nov 1 cruise on the Dream and noticed they removed our Tequila and Margarita Tastings.
Not happy about this.
Guess will check every day for openings.
Have a great day!
This make zero sense. I fail to see the logic in this.

Parasailing has not happened at CC in awhile. The only excursion we saw operating at CC on our Sept 27th Dream cruise was the glass bottom boat. I do not think they have or want or need the islanders that come over from Abaco to run most of the excursions....probably as a Covid safety measure but I agree they could have better communication in place or just not even offer the excursions in the first place until there is a high certainty that they will run (weather permitting).

Tastings being cancelled leaves me wondering why!

MJ

I wish I knew about the "family excursion bubble" before I booked a jeep tour/scavenger hunt in Nassau. Or maybe I didn't read the fine print or really understand.:(
I agree their Nassau port information is anemic. The policies should be more clearly stated. I'm cruising solo next week and independently booked an Atlantis day pass, since DCL isn't offering Atlantis excursions. Then someone on the boards said Nassau was excursion-only, and I searched around but couldn't easily find Nassau port rules in my cruise information (even though I'm already checked in). So I called DCL to ask, and the rep said that Nassau is excursion-only. I searched more online & finally found information stating that excursion-only was for the under 12's. So I called back and a different DCL rep told me that as a vaccinated adult, I can tour Nassau at will.

Some clear, consistent messaging would go a long way toward helping customers.

Last edited:
Probably can't do it within the protocols. Or I guess not enough people signed up.
Doubtful because we still have our 3 tastings scheduled for our 11/6 sailing. Also, I think there is no minimum number of people required. At least I've not seen anything indicating a minimum requirement. Nor should there be.

Doubtful because we still have our 3 tastings scheduled for our 11/6 sailing. Also, I think there is no minimum number of people required. At least I've not seen anything indicating a minimum requirement. Nor should there be.
Sounds like at least one tasting on the 11/6 sailing has been canceled, along with Remy dessert. No notifications for anyone.

Well, those are about the only two reasons I can think of, but if you have a better reason let us all know.

We did the Walking/Kayak nature tour on Castaway in Sept and it wasn't canceled. We did start a little late due to one of the guides running into a delay arriving at CC. It was really a fun time, being able to see some areas of the island not available to the public, and go on a fun kayaking trip. Just FYI if you're looking for a replacement option.

We did the Walking/Kayak nature tour on Castaway in Sept and it wasn't canceled. We did start a little late due to one of the guides running into a delay arriving at CC. It was really a fun time, being able to see some areas of the island not available to the public, and go on a fun kayaking trip. Just FYI if you're looking for a replacement option.

3 people in our party had that adventure booked and it was cancelled the night before.

Last edited:
My wife and I did one tasting (don't remember which, or on what ship) where we were the only people in the tasting. Shortly after it started, another couple showed up. They had not signed up ahead of time, but were allowed to join us. Because of the small group size, the bartender gave us an extra drink using some premium brand.

As for the tastings … might be a staffing issue. If that CM has ended up in quarantine, or is needed to cover other duties due to another CM in quarantine, that could result in some tastings getting cancelled. I agree it would be nice if DCL gave notice about any booked activities getting cancelled.

For the excursions … since those are run by locals, I can see those getting cancelled fairly easily. I can also see they way only run if enough people sign up, and not bring a local to the island for just a couple of passengers. Again, notification would be appropriate.

I was attending a tasting on the October 9th Fantasy cruise and the host stated they recently added a Margarita tasting for the next day. I think half the class signed up for that tasting because I saw a lot of familiar faces.

I think, no matter what the cause or how disappointing a cancellation is, everyone can at least try not to get mad at or show anger towards the normal ship castmembers who do not have control over the cancellations, once we are on the ship.

I think, no matter what the cause or how disappointing a cancellation is, everyone can at least try not to get mad at or show anger towards the normal ship castmembers who do not have control over the cancellations, once we are on the ship.
Where was anyone suggesting being angry at cast members? 🤔

Where was anyone suggesting being angry at cast members? 🤔
no one, I just thought it'd be a good reminder since it did appear like people could potentially be getting close to that point of anger 🤷‍♀️ i've seen people yell at service staff for less

Update. We finally received an email from DCL telling me that they canceled one of our port adventures. No specifics. No explanation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter