DCP Spring 2014

Hi all, I just had my interview yesterday, and I received my 'thank you for interviewing' email a few hours later, but I recently got another email stating,

"Dear Toby,
Thank you for your interest in the Disney College Program!

We are currently processing your application, and at this time your status is pending a final decision. We will be in contact with you if we require additional information. The Disney College Program is a competitive internship and we receive thousands of applications every program season. Our team is evaluating your qualifications, and you will be contacted with an update on the status of your application by November 15th, 2013. If you are not contacted within this timeframe, please contact our office at 1-800-722-2930."

Does anyone have any insight as to what this means? Because I do recall saying that I would hear back in 2-3 weeks, but now it's by November 15, so I'm a bit confused.

This means that your status is pending so it may take longer for them to make a decision. It could take up to November 15th but you could hear something sooner!

i just passed my WBI and am super nervous about the phone interview. I've been reading the posting about how to prepare but it never hurts to have too much so, any suggestions?

Also would it be bad to say I would only be interested in quick service if I were at starbucks or a coffee cart type thing? because thats what I currently do I just don't wanna sound snobby, but I also don't really wanna work in something thats food thats not coffee. Should I say that then have 3 other top choices as well?

They will put u where u have been before working with the Disney company or surprise u!

Also would it be bad to say I would only be interested in quick service if I were at starbucks or a coffee cart type thing? because thats what I currently do I just don't wanna sound snobby, but I also don't really wanna work in something thats food thats not coffee. Should I say that then have 3 other top choices as well?

There is no guarantee of placement. I said for attraction I really really wanted to be in MK at one of the mountains or Jungle Cruise. Well I got attractions but I got Agent P's World Showcase Adventure. I was bummed the first few hours but then once I met other Agent P people and got to Epcot I was thrilled with where I was (and still am).

They might try to put you in a coffee shop but also remember you can be moved at any time during your program so you could get fountain view and then halfway through your program be moved to Electric Umbrella or even a different park.

As others have said, there is no role in which Disney can guarantee your placement anywhere. Given that you only would be willing to work QSFB at a coffee cart or one of the few Starbucks locations, you probably should have put QSFB as no interest on your application, but from this I'd guess that it's too late for that. If you marked it as no interest on your application and the recruiter asks you about it anyway, you should probably tell the recruiter no interest, simply because they cannot guarantee placement at a coffee cart or Starbucks, nor can they guarantee that you will only work at a coffee cart or Starbucks.

Assuming you indicated some level of interest on your application for QSFB, I probably wouldn't bring it up in the interview at all, and give top three roles that do not include QSFB. If your interviewer asks about your interest in QSFB, I would suggest talking about your passion for coffee, your experience working in coffee, and your desire to share your love for coffee with other people--not that you only want to work at a coffee cart or a Starbucks. Try to frame it as positively as you can as a work location request rather than an ultimatum on QSFB (such as "I only want QSFB if I can only be at a coffee cart"). However, if any interest at all in QSFB was expressed, Disney will put you where they need you at the time, whether that's at the new Fountain View/Starbucks in Epcot or Cosmic Ray's at the Magic Kingdom, or in a completely different role.

I think the most important takeaway here (especially for those who have not applied yet!) is that Disney cannot guarantee a role location anywhere. They can and do place CP participants wherever they have need the help. Only express interest in things you really want to do and can do, because they might put you in any of those roles. If there's something you really don't want to do, don't mark interest in it (for example, I'm horrid at hair, so I gave no interest in BBB); the same goes if there is a location you don't want and a role that could put you there. Disney will assign roles based on need first, preference later. While my dream is to operate the Great Movie Ride, or at least a long spiel attraction, they might not need me for that but may need me driving trams or selling tickets instead, and while it's a little different than what I'm hoping for, they can put me there, because I told them I would do those things, too. If there's something you don't want to do (like QSFB at Yak and Yeti Counter Service), then you probably shouldn't mark interest in filling that type of role at all.

I really hope you get a role you'll love! Good luck!

Hi all,

I have my phone interview Tuesday and I'm super excited/ nervous. Any advise on what I might be asked would be great. My top three in order are hopper, FSFB, QSFB. Something I'd like to know from those who have done the program before (I'm gonna ask the recruiter as well, but I'm asking her cuz it's something that came up up in conversation today) is if friends and family members get any type of discount while I'm in the program.

Hi all,

I have my phone interview Tuesday and I'm super excited/ nervous. Any advise on what I might be asked would be great. My top three in order are hopper, FSFB, QSFB. Something I'd like to know from those who have done the program before (I'm gonna ask the recruiter as well, but I'm asking her cuz it's something that came up up in conversation today) is if friends and family members get any type of discount while I'm in the program.

Yes friends and family get lots of discounts. You will get a maingate that will be loaded with 6 free admissions that can be used for up to 3 people at a time (more if you are married or have kids). Also you will get friends and family room rates when they are offered. There are also other discounts that you are entitled to. Really only the merch discount can't be shared but there are ways around that ;).

Yes friends and family get lots of discounts. You will get a maingate that will be loaded with 6 free admissions that can be used for up to 3 people at a time (more if you are married or have kids). Also you will get friends and family room rates when they are offered. There are also other discounts that you are entitled to. Really only the merch discount can't be shared but there are ways around that ;).

Thank you very much. :)

Hi everyone! I've been reading these threads for a while but only just created an account. I've applied for the 2014 Spring Advantage program, and I have my phone interview on Tuesday! I'm super excited for it! I was wondering, though, about the academic requirements for the program? I know it says on the CP site that you need a GPA of 2.0 (Mine is a 3.5 so no worries there), but someone else mentioned you have to be in "Good Standing"? I didn't actually see anything about Good Standing on the CP page, could someone help clear this up for me? Is this something based more on my school's requirements than the program's?

Hi everyone! I've been reading these threads for a while but only just created an account. I've applied for the 2014 Spring Advantage program, and I have my phone interview on Tuesday! I'm super excited for it! I was wondering, though, about the academic requirements for the program? I know it says on the CP site that you need a GPA of 2.0 (Mine is a 3.5 so no worries there), but someone else mentioned you have to be in "Good Standing"? I didn't actually see anything about Good Standing on the CP page, could someone help clear this up for me? Is this something based more on my school's requirements than the program's?

It's whether your school considers you in good standing or not.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It's whether your school considers you in good standing or not.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hey again!

I just finish with my interview and I was wondering if it was possible to send a follow up email? Just a quick thank you for considering me type thing?

Not in good standings would mean academic probation. Like if you flunk an entire semester, or drop classes every semester. If you've had to talk to a counselor to register for classes (on a bad term, not like your freshman year), then you might not be in good standings.

Not in good standings would mean academic probation. Like if you flunk an entire semester, or drop classes every semester. If you've had to talk to a counselor to register for classes (on a bad term, not like your freshman year), then you might not be in good standings.

Okay, thanks! I should be fine then, I've never had to do that. I had my phone interview yesterday so now it's just about waiting. :)

I just finished my phone interview. I think it went ok, but you never know! I was really prepared and had a list of possible questions with my answers to them and everything she asked me was on that list. Now the waiting begins! Good luck to everyone applying/interviewing! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter