DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

So, cut ties and pay a new realtor and current realtor commisions, wait 3 months and hope the new house is still available for purchase, or roll the dice and hope we get lucky.
So you can't just sack your realtor and go with one who has a vague idea what they are doing? Or does she have some kind of exclusivity clause?
We can put our house up with multiple agents over here, and whoever sells it, gets the dough. Last couple of years there has been a massive trend to online agents that charge you something like 0.5%.

So we went and saw Black Widow as well, and enjoyed it, but I feel like Dan led us a bit astray with his review. There were many scenes where Scarlett was not in tight black leather, but rather in tight white leather.

We still get 6 weeks in the summer, so they still get a proper rest. And to be fair if they were home any longer than that we'd kinda run out of things to do. But I think your schools are a bit more lenient if you take your kids out. If we take ours out for more than 5 days, we could get fined £60 per child, per parent. So 2 kids, 2 parents, £240 a day. It doesn't happen often, and they sort of turn a blind eye to the day or so before vacation starts, if you are looking for a jump on the price hike that the airlines tack on.
But yeah, travelling in autumn is nice and the 2.5 weeks over Xmas lets them get use out of whatever electronic gadget Santa has delivered.

The fines sound a bit harsh. I still think a shorter summer break mixed with longer breaks through the rest of the year makes infinitely more sense, though.

Mostly, I want my kids' school to shift to this schedule while everyone else stays on the current one. :laughing:

Well our other house we were renting was put on the market yesterday. I'm sore and tired from this week. Between working all day and then working on the house, it was a very long week. Hoping it sells quickly. Have two looking at it today thus far so that's promising.

I just want to say good luck. We're all counting on you.

Great news!! (Sorry Norm)

Got a full price offer on the house yesterday. As long as they secure the loan, closing will be on Sep 2.

Excited, but also kinda grumbling(maybe more than kinda) about how many and how much people have their hands in your pocket when it comes to real estate. Not sure what it's like in other countries, but with commissions and closing costs, knock 8% off right away. :sad:

But will be nice to not have a 2nd mortgage.
Congratulations Grumpy!

Morning all.

Suppose to be a bit wet today and of course it is the day we are leaving on a 4 day camping trip. Oh well, as long as I can get the tent up when it isn't raining all will be good. The next few days are forecast to be nice so it should be a good time.

Have a good one all.

7 days in a row and 12 hours yesterday... called in sick today. Still working tonight's midnight shift, though.
Then off "camping" for 3 days with the DDs. Rented a cabin, so we'll see how that goes.

Took the family to the county fair on Saturday. We met up with some friends of ours and their son, which is mine and my DW's Godson. We all had a blast and were certainly tired after the long day.
Man that sounds like fun!
The DW and I both complained yesterday that we have to get into shape. So after complaining what do we do? Order pizza.
:lmao:
Got a full price offer on the house yesterday. As long as they secure the loan, closing will be on Sep 2.
Hey! Great news, Doc. Congrats!
Excited, but also kinda grumbling(maybe more than kinda) about how many and how much people have their hands in your pocket when it comes to real estate. Not sure what it's like in other countries, but with commissions and closing costs, knock 8% off right away. :sad:
Similar up here except...

We're on our second home. When we sold the first, it was a seller's market. Houses were going for well above asking. So I used a service that guides you through selling it yourself. House sale only cost me $700.
London got caught in some flooding yesterday, so the ol Grand Cherokee came in handy. And these are on proper roads. Took me 2 hours to get 18 miles home from lunch.
Hadn't heard about flooding there (all the news has been on Germany). How bad was it?

Hadn't heard about flooding there (all the news has been on Germany). How bad was it?
Ah no, nowhere near anything like that. Just flash floods all over London, a couple of feet max.
Just made for interesting driving decisions by others

Ah no, nowhere near anything like that. Just flash floods all over London, a couple of feet max.
Just made for interesting driving decisions by others
Couple feet. You say that like it’s nothing.

Couple feet. You say that like it’s nothing.

It was a lot of this type of thing, but in really localised areas around London, that we just happened to be driving through. When we got home although we are less than 10 miles away, it was a light shower.
A few abandoned cars though, where people had backed themselves to get through some of the underpasses. And I'm pretty sure if you decide to drive through something like that, you are not insured over here.

View attachment 592413

It was a lot of this type of thing, but in really localised areas around London, that we just happened to be driving through. When we got home although we are less than 10 miles away, it was a light shower.
A few abandoned cars though, where people had backed themselves to get through some of the underpasses. And I'm pretty sure if you decide to drive through something like that, you are not insured over here.
Is it from inadequate drainage, then?

Congratulations Grumpy!
I'm not sure if there's a pbbbbffftt emoji, so

PBBBBBBFFFFFFTTTTT!!!

Then off "camping" for 3 days with the DDs. Rented a cabin, so we'll see how that goes.
Tell L and K I said hi. Of course I've only met L...probably K only knows me by that crazy guy from FL.

Hey! Great news, Doc. Congrats!
Thank you!

So I used a service that guides you through selling it yourself. House sale only cost me $700.
I thought about doing that. Considered using opendoor or zillow as well, but since I had no experience with them, I was leery.

Mowing the yard under typical South'n heat conditions is bad enough...

Discovering a Yellow Jacket nest while you're at it adds a right significant increase to the misery index of that particular job though.

Discovering a Yellow Jacket nest while you're at it adds a right significant increase to the misery index of that particular job though.
::yes::
This is why modern day mowers have the safety turn of if operator jumps off the seat. I had one in a bush and wow, never realized I could move that fast, but several stings will do that.

Tell L and K I said hi. Of course I've only met L...probably K only knows me by that crazy guy from FL.
I will and...

Yes.
I thought about doing that. Considered using opendoor or zillow as well, but since I had no experience with them, I was leery.
I get that. We were hesitant at first too, but it worked out well for us.

RUN!!!!!
::yes::
This is why modern day mowers have the safety turn of if operator jumps off the seat. I had one in a bush and wow, never realized I could move that fast, but several stings will do that.
Yikes!

Morning, Fellas! Because I'm leaving for work early this week, I'm trying to get to those who quoted me quickly, so I will try and go back to read all the other ones at some point. Was sent to an office yesterday were all the providers/doctors were off. Once I found out that I wasn't going to be checking-in any patients I wondered why I was even supposed to be there. :confused3 I then got an email asking me to do confirmation calls for Friday. It didn't make sense for me to be there to do confirmation calls, but the office was at the hospital and they have a good cafeteria. So....why not. I did get a salad with some chicken on top, so it was a decent lunch. Well, that's it. Have a good day, guys.

TTFN

To be fair CCT, she could have turned up in a dustbin bag and I would have been a buyer.

Or a burlap sack, though I'd prefer a thinner, less opaque trash bag to a burlap sack, but still. 👇

Especially if it was one of those thinner, less opaque ones, huh? ;)

👍

Round is a shape…

This is true, and I've realized that the Dad Bod is in, so....:teeth:

Man that sounds like fun!

It was a blast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter