DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Mornin' Fellas! Hope all are well. Been in a bit of a funk this week, so haven't been around here much. Basically, someone stole my chair in the man cave and took one of my bags of chips (looks arouund menacingly :magnify:) Nah, just been in a bit of a funk because I'm annoyed at my photography. I did a photo shoot with this young lady I know from church and she didn't like the photos....and honestly, neither did I. So.....annoyed. Well....I have to get ready for work. Oh, speaking of work. I was told yesterday by the people I worked with that they were impressed by how I work and how I go above and beyond for the patients that walk into the office. That felt wonderful. I really needed that. So, have a good day, everyone, and we'll chat later. And welcome to the new members. You'll like it here....just be mindful of where everyone sits so you don't steal another persons chair.

I did a photo shoot with this young lady I know from church and she didn't like the photos....and honestly, neither did I.
Oh, man. I soooooo get that.
I find that shooting personal photo shoots... if you're not inspired, the photos won't be inspiring too. I've had a few where SWMBO has asked me to take specific shots of DD... and they never turn out that well. Unless I'm interested in the pose as well. I've done some where I pay the models. That way I've gotten what I want and they get paid so they get what they want. And I can shoot several hundred shots to get the few that I want just right.
I was told yesterday by the people I worked with that they were impressed by how I work and how I go above and beyond for the patients that walk into the office. That felt wonderful. I really needed that.
Nice little "atta boy". :)
Always feels good.

Welcome new guys!

We live in Aiken, SC!
We own DVC at HHI, but enjoy visiting the Upstate.
Wife's best friend is in Rock Hill.
Brother attends Clemson...wife and I are USC grads.

I did a sizable stretch of my youth in Rock Hill, but have been on the north bank of the river for the last thirty-ish.

Only thing I know about Rock Hill is there's a good brewpub there, where a generous soul bought me dinner. I still owe him a meal for that.

Really! I am very surprised to hear that you have National parks... outside of the 50 States.

Yep...a few US territories boast national parks. I guess it's good that resources are protected there too.

Guess I'm a DisDad. We spend a lot of time at WDW because we live only 88 mile away from my door to the Arch. WDWAP so we go alot.

Cool, can we crash at your place?

Here's the what now?

You're way ahead of me, to be sure, though we have done VI
And actually, Fort Jefferson is currently on my radar as well (especially as it would require getting myself on a the water)

Pretty much any excuse to get on a boat, right?

Was about to ask you for a link, but It wasn't that hade to find.
Might wat to post one up here for those that are even lazier than myself.

I did the same thing to Dan. Couldn't even be bothered to scroll down to find it. :rotfl2:

Nah, just been in a bit of a funk because I'm annoyed at my photography. I did a photo shoot with this young lady I know from church and she didn't like the photos....and honestly, neither did I.

That's a bummer. Any chance for a do-over?

Welcome new guys!

We live in Aiken, SC!
We own DVC at HHI, but enjoy visiting the Upstate.
Wife's best friend is in Rock Hill.
Brother attends Clemson...wife and I are USC grads.

I did a sizable stretch of my youth in Rock Hill, but have been on the north bank of the river for the last thirty-ish.

Only thing I know about Rock Hill is there's a good brewpub there, where a generous soul bought me dinner. I still owe him a meal for that.

Really! I am very surprised to hear that you have National parks... outside of the 50 States.

Yep...a few US territories boast national parks. I guess it's good that resources are protected there too.

Guess I'm a DisDad. We spend a lot of time at WDW because we live only 88 mile away from my door to the Arch. WDWAP so we go alot.

Cool, can we crash at your place?

Here's the what now?

You're way ahead of me, to be sure, though we have done VI
And actually, Fort Jefferson is currently on my radar as well (especially as it would require getting myself on a the water)

Was about to ask you for a link, but It wasn't that hade to find.
Might wat to post one up here for those that are even lazier than myself.

I did the same thing to Dan. Couldn't even be bothered to scroll down to find it. :rotfl2:

Nah, just been in a bit of a funk because I'm annoyed at my photography. I did a photo shoot with this young lady I know from church and she didn't like the photos....and honestly, neither did I.

Mornin' Fellas! Hope all are well. Been in a bit of a funk this week, so haven't been around here much. Basically, someone stole my chair in the man cave and took one of my bags of chips (looks arouund menacingly :magnify:) Nah, just been in a bit of a funk because I'm annoyed at my photography. I did a photo shoot with this young lady I know from church and she didn't like the photos....and honestly, neither did I. So.....annoyed. Well....I have to get ready for work. Oh, speaking of work. I was told yesterday by the people I worked with that they were impressed by how I work and how I go above and beyond for the patients that walk into the office. That felt wonderful. I really needed that. So, have a good day, everyone, and we'll chat later. And welcome to the new members. You'll like it here....just be mindful of where everyone sits so you don't steal another persons chair.

missed where you moved over that way.
I lived in Titusville for a spell (a very long time ago).
Still have relatives there.
We're about 20 min from Titusville. Pretty close to Christmas(yes for those who don't know, there's a Christmas FL.). I often tell people as East in Orlando and still have an Orlando address as you can get.

Happy Friday Eve Everyone,

Work has actually felt like work this week. The only downside to a holiday is that there is the same amount of work to do and one less day to do it in. I've brought work home with me every day this week and I'm still a little behind. Tomorrow is Friday and whatever gets done, gets done. Everything else will just have to wait until Monday.

All this talk about photography has inspired me to pull out my camera again. I prefer landscapes and try to look for sights or angles that may be a bit unusual. I'm not very good by any means but I learn a lot every time I go out.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a lightweight tripod that won't break the bank? I need something I can pack around Disney but will stand up to being used outdoors. (I seem to recall pkondz mentioning a tripod in a trip report).

Does anyone have any recommendations for a lightweight tripod that won't break the bank? I need something I can pack around Disney but will stand up to being used outdoors. (I seem to recall pkondz mentioning a tripod in a trip report).
I don't remember what I might have3 recommended/suggested/mentioned, but...
1. Do NOT buy a cheap tripod. Unless you enjoy frustration, fuzzy fotos, and broken cameras.
2. Decide if you prefer flip locks or twist locks for the legs. I prefer flip locks, but YMMV. (And there's no "best" one. It's what you prefer.)
3. I prefer carbon fiber for several reasons, (lighter, more rigid (less blur likelihood, warmer) but a good quality aluminum tripod will outperform a low-end carbon fiber tripod.
4. Found a nice tripod/head combo for under $100? Walk away unless you like broken cameras.

Here's a few to get you started:

Amazon.com : Manfrotto 190 Go! M-Series Carbon Fiber 4-Section Tripod (MT190GOC4US) : Electronics
Amazon.com : ProMaster XC-M 525CK Professional Carbon Fiber Tripod Kit with Head - Silver : Electronics
Amazon.com : MeFOTO GlobeTrotter 64.2" Carbon Fiber Travel Tripod/Monopod w/Case, Twist Locks, Triple Action Ballhead w/Arca Swiss Plate - Titanium (C2350Q2T) : Electronics

Morning, Gents, from a drenched Cape Cod. Rained on and off all day yesterday with moments of absolute downpouring-can't-see-across-the-street rain to a light mist to, well, nothing.....then a light rain all night. Makes me wish I had over seeded my lawn. Next time. Had a good day at work yesterday. I was at Pulmonology where there's only one provider and two nurses and only 21 patients, so an easy day. Today I'm at Cardiology, which is a lot more busy, but it's a Friday, so.....anything is possible. The DD's at a sleep over at Nana's tonight, so I'm thinking a date night with the Mrs. Also, since the DD's at Nana's tonight, I might slip out early tomorrow morning for some early morning photography. If I'm up early enough, I might be able to get down to Coast Guard Lighthouse down Cape for some sunrise photos....we'll see about that one. Well, gotta get ready for work. Have a good day, gents, and we'll chat on the other side

Welcome!

Oh, man. I soooooo get that.
I find that shooting personal photo shoots... if you're not inspired, the photos won't be inspiring too. I've had a few where SWMBO has asked me to take specific shots of DD... and they never turn out that well. Unless I'm interested in the pose as well. I've done some where I pay the models. That way I've gotten what I want and they get paid so they get what they want. And I can shoot several hundred shots to get the few that I want just right.

I hate when that happens, but it happens. This has happened before, so I'll snap out of it at some point.

Nice little "atta boy". :)
Always feels good.

Yeah that made my day, and brightened my mood.

Nah, she's at college now. Maybe next spring when she's done with school.

(Takes a deep bow) "Thank you."

Happy Friday Eve Everyone,

WooHoo!

Work has actually felt like work this week. The only downside to a holiday is that there is the same amount of work to do and one less day to do it in. I've brought work home with me every day this week and I'm still a little behind. Tomorrow is Friday and whatever gets done, gets done. Everything else will just have to wait until Monday.

Don't you hate that?

All this talk about photography has inspired me to pull out my camera again. I prefer landscapes and try to look for sights or angles that may be a bit unusual. I'm not very good by any means but I learn a lot every time I go out.

You should pull your camera out again, would love to see you work. I'll re-post a couple of recent pics of my trip to New Mexico.

I don't have any recommendations, but if you're interested, think of a monopod. I know it's not a tripod that you can se up for a group shot, but monopods are great if you want a little extra stabilization when taking photos. I have one and use it often.

IMG_8967-2.jpg

IMG_8977.jpg

IMG_8964.jpg

We all have our own set of standard operating procedures. :thumbsup2:

Guilty as charged.
I wouldn't call my level of laziness epic, but it is highly noteworthy.

We're about 20 min from Titusville. Pretty close to Christmas(yes for those who don't know, there's a Christmas FL.). I often tell people as East in Orlando and still have an Orlando address as you can get.
Got'cha.
Up towards the fort or more south of 50?
(not that you need to answer that one, It's just my curiosity kicking in)

The only downside to a holiday is that there is the same amount of work to do and one less day to do it in
Truth.
An unfortunate truth, but truth none the less.

But having the time off is still worth it.

You most certainly should.
I suspect you're better at it then you let on as well.
And if you think of it, share a few 'round here. I'd love to see some.

As for advice...
There's this crazy Martian who's always trying to find ways of removing (read: blow up) anything that obstructs his view of Jupiter (or what ever else might be the object of his inquiries). He'll have some pretty good tips when it comes to photography.

I don't remember what I might have3 recommended/suggested/mentioned, but...
1. Do NOT buy a cheap tripod. Unless you enjoy frustration, fuzzy fotos, and broken cameras.
2. Decide if you prefer flip locks or twist locks for the legs. I prefer flip locks, but YMMV. (And there's no "best" one. It's what you prefer.)
3. I prefer carbon fiber for several reasons, (lighter, more rigid (less blur likelihood, warmer) but a good quality aluminum tripod will outperform a low-end carbon fiber tripod.
4. Found a nice tripod/head combo for under $100? Walk away unless you like broken cameras.

Here's a few to get you started:

Amazon.com : Manfrotto 190 Go! M-Series Carbon Fiber 4-Section Tripod (MT190GOC4US) : Electronics
Amazon.com : ProMaster XC-M 525CK Professional Carbon Fiber Tripod Kit with Head - Silver : Electronics
Amazon.com : MeFOTO GlobeTrotter 64.2" Carbon Fiber Travel Tripod/Monopod w/Case, Twist Locks, Triple Action Ballhead w/Arca Swiss Plate - Titanium (C2350Q2T) : Electronics
Yeah... this guy here

You should listen to him.
(just ignore any opinions he has about South'rn cuisine)

Morning, folks.
Is it morning yet? It's too dang early.
Yes, yes it is.

And I hate it.
(until tomorrow that is)

I hate when that happens, but it happens. This has happened before, so I'll snap out of it at some point.
Getting up for some sunrise pics Down Cape might be helpful.
And we'd get to see some of the handy work.

Last edited:
Morning Guys.

Rainy day here today, forecast says it will clear later but it has been a wet 24 hours.

Looking forward to seeing some more of the photography. I'm with you @jaqsdad, prefer to photograph landscapes and animals over people, unless it is sports or candid.

Got'cha.
Up towards the fort or more south of 50?
(not that you need to answer that one, It's just my curiosity kicking in)
Think I may have posted house here when we bought it, but South on 520 and then right at first light. Wedgefield. We're on what they call the back side. Closer to 528 near the Dallas blvd exit. Only bad thing about that location is 528 only has exit coming from Orlando or entrance going to Orlando. So, if we're going to/coming from Cocoa, we have to go all the way through the front side off of 520.

Last edited:
Evening chaps from a sunny Barcelona.
Been on the go since 5am Weds and now I am dog tired, and have been inflicting my p!ss poor Spanish on the locals and carpenters in the store. Chilling out in the lounge with my final Estrella of the week.
So that's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one standing in Cava Del Tequila after Avocado Margaritas gets to take Mama Coco home. And let me tell ya, if she invites you back to knock boots, she ain't talking bout no shoe factory.

Have a great weekend chaps.

Morning, folks.
Is it morning yet? It's too dang early.

Well, it's almost afternoon now. So you've got that going for you, which is nice.

I wouldn't call my level of laziness epic, but it is highly noteworthy.

But in this group it's right about average.

This is an instantaneous twss in the UK.

:rotfl2:I'm reaching the point where I can't say anything around you.

Evening chaps from a sunny Barcelona.

Quite the casual flex there. Hope it's been a good visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter