DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning All,

Nice fall morning to start our Thanksgiving weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Made it. Left at 3:00 AM and had lunch and mojitos on the beach. Complete tourist area, but the views are great. I'll post you a picture once we make it into the room. Killing some time until it is cleaned with outlet tourist mall shopping. I think i may go back for more mojitos.

The Gulf is more rough than i have even seen it. Forecast has Nate going West of towards Louisiana and Mobile. We'll go to Mass tonight and then hunker down to get ready for what bad weather we will get, which looks like a lot of wind and rain starting in the early AM hours. I guess if the storm knock out the island bridges, we will just have to live here forever. :lmao:

Now you just need the Ketchup chips and you will be all set.

Think I'm going to go have a Sam Adams with a Makers Mark chaser.

Not sure about ketchup chips. As for the hooch, i usually drink a shot first with a beer chaser.

Thanks Darcy, as you know weekends are the only time my available time and the DIS is open time come together.

Glad you are able to join us, no matter how fleeting those moments are.

Still sitting on the ground, waiting to get into room. Apparently, last bunch staying here at a heck of a party week, and they had to call the supervisor to come over from Asguard, Alderon, or some further away place to inspect it. Guess who's room is the LAST one to be ready? I guess this type of crap can happen anywhere, but at wdw resorts, at least i have a pool bar, chairs, and covered overhang to unload luggage.

This condo thing is a one and done.

Afternoon all. Busy. Getting ready for Thanksgiving and now work. same tomorrow... and the next day it's in reverse.

I think i may go back for more mojitos
Good plan.
As for the hooch, i usually drink a shot first with a beer chaser.
::yes::
GO GATORS! That is all.
Watching it now.
Well, that stinks. Tough loss.
:rolleyes1
Guess who's room is the LAST one to be ready?
This condo thing is a one and done.
It's still vacation though. Enjoy mate.

Morning dads, from the future. Church parade for the boy this morning, and then I see a Rib of Beef in my immediate future. Maybe some Roast potatoes, as the weather has turned. Have a good evening/sleep/day

Last edited:
GOOD MORNING VIETNAM. Up early as usual.

Oh, I thought the diving one was going to be longer term. Did she enjoy that or just exhausting?

She signed a 6 month contract but it is based on available jobs. The project she worked on is over so she waits.

Okay boys, that's it.

I think I beat you to it. Had some errands and stopped at the Ale house for chicken wings. Good stuff.

I like deep fried the best, but don't have a fryer.

Never tried it deep fried. I heard it is really good.

You're still young...

Not that young... Just saying.

Nice fall morning to start our Thanksgiving weekend.

Enjoy. Get those stretch pants out to prepare for the feast.

Thanksgivings not on a Thursday? How Un-American!

I WANT TURKEY!

Made it. Left at 3:00 AM and had lunch and mojitos on the beach. Complete tourist area, but the views are great. I'll post you a picture once we make it into the room. Killing some time until it is cleaned with outlet tourist mall shopping. I think i may go back for more mojitos.

The Gulf is more rough than i have even seen it. Forecast has Nate going West of towards Louisiana and Mobile. We'll go to Mass tonight and then hunker down to get ready for what bad weather we will get, which looks like a lot of wind and rain starting in the early AM hours. I guess if the storm knock out the island bridges, we will just have to live here forever. :lmao:

Hope you had good luck with the storm. Stay dry and let us know how it turned out. Where are you staying?

Still sitting on the ground, waiting to get into room. Apparently, last bunch staying here at a heck of a party week, and they had to call the supervisor to come over from Asguard, Alderon, or some further away place to inspect it. Guess who's room is the LAST one to be ready? I guess this type of crap can happen anywhere, but at wdw resorts, at least i have a pool bar, chairs, and covered overhang to unload luggage.

Toto, we are not at Disney anymore.

Watching it now.

Hope you saw the UM/FSU game or ISU/Oklahoma. Both really good games.

Morning dads, from the future. Church parade for the boy this morning, and then I see a Rib of Beef in my immediate future. Maybe some Roast potatoes, as the weather has turned. Have a good evening/sleep/day

I see a wonderful turkey dinner in my future.

Have a great day.

Good morning. I have never seen waves this high in the ocean - ever - in person. It is really impressive. The wind is still 30+ mph here and howling or whistling against the condo. I have just sat here amazed for the last hour watching the ocean. I guess i survived my first hurricane? :sad2:

The rain has let up. We weren't in the direct storm area, and things should be normal by tomorrow. Made it to Mass yesterday, so I'll just have to spend the day indoor watching sports and drinking alcohol.

It's still vacation though. Enjoy mate.

I am. Brought the bottle of Cabo Wabo tequila and a bag of lemons. Because when life gives you lemons, do tequila shooters. I have enough beer for a few days as well. We also brought snacks to last a few days if the power had gone out. We'll enjoy the view until we can enjoy the beach.

Hope you had good luck with the storm. Stay dry and let us know how it turned out. Where are you staying?

Toto, we are not at Disney anymore.

Miramar Beach. It is a nice enough place, but yes, it is not Disney. DW and I discussed picking up another small contract at Vero Beach if we can find the right one.

Hope you saw the UM/FSU game or ISU/Oklahoma. Both really good games.
I have the ISU on the DVR. We only get what ESPN give us. I thought the Tom Pettty tribute in the Gators game was nice.

Because when life gives you lemons, do tequila shooters
Man law?
Enjoy that mate, have a great TG weekend.

Rib if beef is in the oven, Roast Potatoes, Broccoli cheese, Roasted Carrots with thyme, Cavolo Nero. And a nice bottle of Pinot Noir.

Have a great day boys.

Thanks for all the turkey tips. Just about to put it in the oven, I'll have to let you know how it turned out.

3) Cook upside down. You would not believe how much juicier this makes the breast. Up until the last 45 minutes or so, then turn right side up.
I had never heard about cooking upside down until DW started researching, found a Martha Stewart recommendation to bake upside down on a loaf of buttered bread. We'll see...

And I would make step 2 - Brine
Darn, I've heard of that but didn't think of it. Didn't want to complicate the "first time" too much.

Brining (I think) would be more for an experienced turkey person.
That's what I figured. Maybe next time.

I had a coffee crisp and crown royal. I'm out of the closet.
Canadian in training!

Good luck with the turkey. Are you just baking in the oven? Or, did you try the feel dryer route?
Never had deep fried turkey but would like to try it. I've heard it's good.

I guess i survived my first hurricane? :sad2:
Better than the alternative I guess. Stay safe!

Dolphins kick-off, lets see what what kind of buffonery they come up with today.

Thanks for all the turkey tips. Just about to put it in the oven, I'll have to let you know how it turned out.

Turkey’s brining happily away.
Tomorrow that sucker gets stuffed, covered in thick cut bacon and basted with maple syrup (at the end of cooking)

I’m making some other stuff... but who cares?

I WANT TURKEY!

Good morning. I have never seen waves this high in the ocean - ever - in person. It is really impressive. The wind is still 30+ mph here and howling or whistling against the condo. I have just sat here amazed for the last hour watching the ocean. I guess i survived my first hurricane? :sad2:

The rain has let up. We weren't in the direct storm area, and things should be normal by tomorrow. Made it to Mass yesterday, so I'll just have to spend the day indoor watching sports and drinking alcohol.

Qualifies as surviving a hurricane. Storms are cool especially when you are watching the ocean/gulf. Glad you are well prepared with the survival necessities.

I thought the Tom Pettty tribute in the Gators game was nice.

They are thinking about doing it every game. Gainesville boy and the town was proud of his success. He started making it big before I started school but older guys talked about seeing him play in bars and assorted dives around the area.

Rib if beef is in the oven, Roast Potatoes, Broccoli cheese, Roasted Carrots with thyme, Cavolo Nero. And a nice bottle of Pinot Noir.

I WANT RIBS AND PINOT NOIR!

My dinner menu for tonight is pork chop, mashed potatoes and sautéd asparagus.

I WANT TURKEY!

Here ya go. Problem solved.

hungryman_turkey_01.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter