DDE/DDP along with DVC and AP Question...

tchrrx

<font color=red>Blame it on the plastic cow I ment
OK, now that I've confused you...
If we are DVC, AP holders, we cannot get the DDP. So, if we are traveling with the DDE and have relatives staying with us, can they use the DDP? I found this quote on allears

2. If you are a Disney Vacation Club member staying at a DVC resort on points, you may purchase the Dining Plan. You must purchase the Dining Plan for everyone in your party. No purchase of park admission is necessary. The number of dining plan days will equal the number of nights of your stay.

and it's kind of concerning me. We'd planned to take in-laws next year. However, we won't want to eat at nice restaurants too often if they have to pay OOP and can't use our DDP discount. What would you do? We were really counting on the DDP, but now I'm concerned. Thanks!

I am a little confused by what you are asking here :confused3

But to clarify yes you can buy the DDP if a DVC member and you do not have to buy the park tickets to go with it, but everyone on your booking must also buy DDP.

As for DDE that is the 20% discount card for most table service restaurants and to buy it you need to be a Florida resident or AP holder.

The DDE does not get you discount off the DDP but you can use it for anything ordered that is not covered by the DDP at a table service restaurant, as far as I am aware.

Claire ;)

If we are DVC, AP holders, we cannot get the DDP. So, if we are traveling with the DDE and have relatives staying with us, can they use the DDP? I found this quote on allears

2. If you are a Disney Vacation Club member staying at a DVC resort on points, you may purchase the Dining Plan. You must purchase the Dining Plan for everyone in your party. No purchase of park admission is necessary. The number of dining plan days will equal the number of nights of your stay.

and it's kind of concerning me. We'd planned to take in-laws next year. However, we won't want to eat at nice restaurants too often if they have to pay OOP and can't use our DDP discount. What would you do? We were really counting on the DDP, but now I'm concerned. Thanks!

The bolded part above is not correct. DVC/AP holders can get the DDP - there is no restriction about purchasing the dining. DVC members staying at DVC resorts on points may purchase the dining plan without needing the park admission.

If your in-laws are staying with you, everyone in the room MUST purchase the dining plan for the entire length of stay (and no one needs to purchase the park admission either). If you want to use your DDE (and not purchase the DDP for yourself) you will not be able to get the DDP only for your guests in the same villa. If you have a separate room reservation for them then they can get the DDP.

If you will all be dining together, you can apply the DDE discount to all at the table.

DVC members on point reservations at DVC resorts can not get the FREE DDP promotion, but they can pay the regular price for DDP. It doesn't matter if they are AP holders or not.

If you are an AP holder, you can also get the DDE, which is good for 20% at most table service restaurants, which many people prefer instead of the DDP.

As WebmasterDoc says, everyone in the room must either purchase the DDP, or not be on the DDP. To get the DDP you must let Member Services know you want it added to your reservation prior to check-in (Member Services usually recommends informing them at least 3 days ahead of your arrival.)

If their hearts are set on the DDP, and you don't wish it for yourself, if you had planned on a 1-br, would you consider booking 2 studios instead? This way, they can pay for the DDP for just their room, and you don't have to get it, too. (Yes, you'd lose a kitchen and a laundry, but if you were planning on eating out, and your stay isn't too long, the sacrifice might be worth it.:goodvibes )

OK, if it helps, I confused myself too!

So, I can have an annual pass and still be on the DDP? I think that's what I meant when I said DVC couldn't be DDP. If we can do the DDP with our AP, then there aren't any problems, b/c I'd much rather go that route! I think I must have been thinking you couldn't do DDP with the AP IF you weren't staying on property. Thanks everyone!

(Let me know if I'm still confused!) :thumbsup2

With DVC Ap or MYW tickets have nothing to do with the DDP as long as your staying on Points.

It's when you go through CRO for any resort (DVC or NOT ) that a Package must be purchased for the DDP (Your not doing this so it doesn't apply to your situation)

The only thing that matters is like PP stated ,, Everyone in the room must be on the DDP for the entire length of stay . And thats it you have to let MS know before you check-in and you pay when you arrive.

Even with the DDP if you have the DDE (with your AP) you can still get the 20% for up tp 10 people on meals at the select places you are paying out of Pocket and for Adult beverages not included with the DDP.

Remember that the DDP is right now The price of the Disney Dining Plan is $38.99 per night per Guest ages 10+ and $10.99 per night per Guest ages 3-9. Thats per person per night.

You may want price it out and enjoy the 20% discount with your DDE card.

If you go to the DVC members sight click on Planning in the right side they have a selection for the DDP for DVC members.

Yes, you can get the DDP with a DVC point reservation as long as you are staying at a DVC resort, regardless of what type of ticket media you have.

If you are using points for a non-DVC resort, you can not add the DDP.

I think you are still confused because you are trying to throw too many things into one pot. You're making it more complex than it is.

For DVCers who want DDP, ticket media does not matter.

As noted several times above, you can purchase DDP on any DVC points stay at a DVC resort. Not for cash, and not for points outside of DVC.

The only other requirement for DDP is that all persons in a villa with DDP must buy it for each night of the stay. That doesn't mean everyone in your group -- just everyone in a particular room. So you could have one room in DDP for the whole time and another room NOT using DDP the whole time. If part of your group wanted DDP and others didn't, the way to do that is make separate reservations -- one with DDP and the other without.

For the DDE card, ticket media DOES matter. In order to qualify for DDE, you must be either a Florida resident or an AP holder. DDP is good for the duration of that trip; the DDE card is good for 13 months and can be used for multiple trips.

Both are good plans, but it's important for you to understand what each offers. DDP 2008 is radically changed from 2007, and there are blackout dates with DDE that you need to be aware of, so you need to research the details of both plans carefully.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter