DDP Experiences 2024

I wanted to repot back on our meal at Chef mickey last night. We used the dining plan for a 5 year old and 15 year old and myself.

Our waiter told me to order whatever drinks I wanted. He said since I paid for an adult meal for my 15 year old - I could still have an extra alcoholic beverage.

So I ordered 1 margarita for my meal and a chocolate martini for desert. He gave me a to go cup for my martini sister I wasn't finished. All I had to pay was the tip!!

Not sure how it works in other places or with other wait staff.

We are at Animal Kingdom now and I just asked at Nomad Lounge about DP and it is TS only.
The lounges are all TS (they used to not take the ddp at all). My question is, what does it include? Just one small plate and a drink? Even if it includes one small plate, a drink and the one $10 dessert, that is a truly terrible use of a TS credit.

Any chance you asked at the pool bars? Really curious about using a QS credit on our next trip at AKL
The Maji pool bar at Kidani accepts the dining plan according to MDE. Should be same as the experience that I had at the oasis pool bar. Those are the best places to use the quick service credit because of the variety of frozen drinks available in my opinion.

I would think it would be mostly DVC folks like me or Annual Passholders that would be likely to just book a single night reservation to get the dining plan. People without park admission tied to their resort booking.
Found it difficult to resist for upcoming split (multiple times) trip
Well, if the waiter was tenured enough to be working CM, he knows the surest way to a good tip is to make his table happy. Glad it worked out for you.

The Maji pool bar at Kidani accepts the dining plan according to MDE. Should be same as the experience that I had at the oasis pool bar. Those are the best places to use the quick service credit because of the variety of frozen drinks available in my opinion.
Were you staying at the Poly? Worried we'll have trouble getting in to the poor bar area if just visiting.

Were you staying at the Poly? Worried we'll have trouble getting in to the poor bar area if just visiting.
No, I was not staying there. I arrived around 7 PM in normal clothes, so it was obvious I was not there to use the pool. Was also a little chilly that evening, so there was only one couple sitting at the bar. I made sure to use the entrance near the bar area, and a kid came over and let me in.

FYI, the Oasis pool bar is located within the Oasis pool area, which requires staying in the Poly to access (you will need to scan your magic band to enter). Captain Cook's is open to the public; it is located in the Poly lobby.

The lounges are all TS (they used to not take the ddp at all). My question is, what does it include? Just one small plate and a drink? Even if it includes one small plate, a drink and the one $10 dessert, that is a truly terrible use of a TS credit.
Yes, it is only the one plate/appetizer and a drink for a TS credit at the Lounges. A terrible waste of a TS dining credit!

have used SC at the usual locations. Can confirm pretzels, dole whip, pastries at Kringila. Walked into Gaston’s tavern and it looked likethe cinnamon roll was a nope so didn’t go in.
anyone know if les Halle’s is on the plan?

Has anyone used a quick service credit at la cantina de San angel? In the before times, they didn’t include all the margarita options if you were using the dining plan. Just wondering if that’s still the case.

And DISNEY DNING Can you get the bread service at Sannaa?
It's an appetizer, so it's not included in the DDP, but you could pay for it, and use your table service dining credit for an entree, drink and dessert.

Question about the DDP.

Do you bring cash for the TS tip, or can you give a credit card for the tip only?

I wanted to repot back on our meal at Chef mickey last night. We used the dining plan for a 5 year old and 15 year old and myself.

Our waiter told me to order whatever drinks I wanted. He said since I paid for an adult meal for my 15 year old - I could still have an extra alcoholic beverage.

So I ordered 1 margarita for my meal and a chocolate martini for desert. He gave me a to go cup for my martini sister I wasn't finished. All I had to pay was the tip!!

I wouldn't advertise this occurrence. This specific scenario is what the cast were specifically trained to NOT do. Basically he sold your underage child an alcoholic beverage. That's what the record keeping now shows.

Considering they charge above 10 as adults, I wouldn't feel bad that they let a real adult receive the adult beverage. 🙄
I agree. But Disney loses money that way. I'm sure they are banking on the cost of the adult DDP not to include alcoholic drinks for everyone. That's a money maker for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter