• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDP - Review of Chefs de France

My party of seven also ate at CDF during free dining. I agree with the OP the food there was not worth the effort we took to get there. My party ordered almost the same entree items as the OP, 2 Flank steaks that were very thin and overcooked with cold fries, The lamb shank that was over seasoned and very little meat, my sister had some type of fish on skewers that she said was okay and i had the pork chop that was very dry and bland. The other two was from the kids menu and nothing to write about. Their menu was changed just before the free dining started our waiter told us. No filet on the menu and the duck was replaced with the pork chop. A very dissappointing meal we didn't even order dessert. The restaurant was very crowed that day 8/16, a fly was bothering our table from the beginning of the meal and by the end found his way into my wine glass, the manager handled it well and offered to bring me another glass, he also did not charge us credits for the 2 kids meals because they did not touch them at all. We tipped the waiter extra because he tried hard and served us well, not his fault the food wasn't to our liking, and we didn't order appetizers or dessert so the bill was minimal with the kids meal taken off. This restaurant is now of our list of places to dine.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad time. We ate here Aug 16 and loved it. My mom had the lamb shank and it was delicious. I had the veggie lasagna and my dad had the seafood skewers. We all shared French Onion Soup. There was nothing wrong with our meal- we want to go back soon. We also had an awesome table by the window, really felt like we were in Paris. We didn't have dessert there because we weren't on the dining plan. Usually we go to the bakery for desserts in France b/c they have more choices there and we can take it to go so we can watch Illuminations and stake out a good spot.

Perhaps it was an off night? Prior to this review all the other reviews seem to be positive.

purpliequeen said:
Sorry to hear you had such a bad time. We ate here Aug 16 and loved it. My mom had the lamb shank and it was delicious. I had the veggie lasagna and my dad had the seafood skewers. We all shared French Onion Soup. There was nothing wrong with our meal- we want to go back soon. We also had an awesome table by the window, really felt like we were in Paris. We didn't have dessert there because we weren't on the dining plan. Usually we go to the bakery for desserts in France b/c they have more choices there and we can take it to go so we can watch Illuminations and stake out a good spot.

Perhaps it was an off night? Prior to this review all the other reviews seem to be positive.

HI : Hope this was a off night . We will be in DISNEY in 29 day's. Dinner at CDF ON FRIDAY OCT 6 , my DM pick this , and I am still going , to late to get other ADR now. Hope all good well

thank you for the good info :goodvibes

take care
MARY ;)

I too had a very bad experience with Chefs last week. I ordered the Lamb also and it tasted terrible. DBF ordered the Rotisserie Chicken which he didnt like either.. the only thing that tasted good was the lobster bisque but was a bit salty.. i kinda regret using my credits there! but oh wells at least we tried it :rolleyes:

We have an ADR there for the evening of Oct 10, our last meal of the free DDP. It seems like there is not a lot on the menu that I would like to order. We were planning to hop from MK but maybe we will end up doing a CS there. It has been getting so many negative reviews lately. :sad: :sad: :sad:

We too had a disappointing experience there. We had a party of eight for our 20th anniversary. I loved (past tense) this restaraunt and talked it up to my family and friends. Three of us ordered the lasagna and you guessed it~it was cold. We told our indifferent waiter (who was serviced challanged before that) and he never apologized, just took the dishes back. We were not on the dining plan and the kicker was because we had a party of eight the gratuity was automatically added (the bill came to over $300) I thought that I maybe I got them on an off night and returned in April with just DH and again this place was just a shadow of what it used to be. We will not be back.

deany said:
It has been getting so many negative reviews lately. :sad: :sad: :sad:
I'm trying to think of a restaurant that hasn't had negative reviews. One thing I keep in mind when reading reviews is whether or not I've read any positive reviews recently. Generally, folks are more likely to complain about bad experiences than they are to post threads about good experiences (the whole "One of the ten commandments of good marketing says that a satisfied customer will tell 5 friends about his/her experience whereas an unsatisfied customer will tell at least 10 friends" thing). So I begin to worry when I see twice as many bad reviews as good reviews. (Otherwise, there wouldn't be any place to eat! :rotfl: )

bicker said:
Generally, folks are more likely to complain about bad experiences than they are to post threads about good experiences

Hey Bicker! :wave2:

Good thing you said "Generally" LOL! Because at the same time I posted this review of Chefs, I also posted a great review of Raglan Road! :teeth:

Just to add one more bad review. Chefs was our worst meal of our week of Disney dining. We loved this restaurant so much last year that we made a special trip from MGM to dine here. It was a thourough dissapointment. In our case most of the food was served at the appropriate temperature, but the menu had changed and they removed most of the items we had planned to order (steak, sole, and duck). The items we chose (lamb, chicken, and flank steak) were not up to the standards we had expected and the steak was bad no matter what your standards! Even the creme brulee' was bad! It had no caramelized sugar at all, only a dusting of cinnamon.

I must say Bicker, you are right, as I have written several posts about this experience, but have not written 1 about our positive experiences at LeCellier, Coral Reef, 'Ohana, 1900 Park Fare, and Wolfgang Puck!

headoflife said:
Even the creme brulee' was bad! It had no caramelized sugar at all, only a dusting of cinnamon.

My creme brulee had the carmelized sugar on top, but underneath was plain, ol' fashioned vanilla pudding!! :eek: :sad2:

Wow, this was one of the highlight dinners of our trip in July!

Me, DH and son shared two orders of the Escargot and both platters were piping hot, my son kept blowing on it to try and cool it off. We also ordered the Lamb Shanks and it was absolutely delicious, my son kept going "mmmmmm...this is so good!" Ours had a LOT of meat, it was juicy and tender and the polenta that is was served with was delicious as well and we were both full. The creme brulee was not bad but we also had something that had the word "Opera" as part of its name and it was really good.

I'm surprised that we had such a different experience. We had an early (6 p.m.) dinner so maybe that had something to do with it? I did notice that the menu is a bit different from when we went though.

In any case, I would definitely go back the Chefs de France on my next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter