DD's getting married. Recipes needed for meals.

This dip recipe I got from another Disser - liamsaunt. I have made it several times for parties and family get togethers and always bring home an empty dish.

Bonnie’s Buffalo Chicken Dip
4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, about 2 lbs., poached and shredded with 2 forks
1 (12 oz) bottle Frank’s Hot Sauce
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
½ cup chopped celery
1 (16 oz) bottle ranch or blue cheese dressing
8 oz shredded sharp cheddar or jack cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a 9 x 13 x 2 baking dish, combine the chicken and hot sauce and smooth to an even layer. In a saucepan over medium heat combine cream cheese and dressing. Stir until smooth and hot. Pour evenly over the chicken and sprinkle the celery on evenly over it all. Bake 20 minutes uncovered then sprinkle on the cheese and bake until just bubbly and melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with sturdy scoopers like celery sticks or corn chips.

I have frozen this with great success. If you freeze this, stop after adding the celery and place dish in freezer. Thaw before cooking and bake as directed above. .

I'd like to try this recipe, it sounds great. I just have a question about the "Frank's Hot Sauce." Is that like Tabasco? or is it something else? We can find Tabasco here, so if its the same I could try it. But 12oz of Tabasco sounds HOT!
Thanks for your help!
Katy

Thanks so much for the recipes. Katy tabasco sauce is different. Do you have Louisiana's Hot Sauce? It is the same thing only a different brand.

I'd like to try this recipe, it sounds great. I just have a question about the "Frank's Hot Sauce." Is that like Tabasco? or is it something else? We can find Tabasco here, so if its the same I could try it. But 12oz of Tabasco sounds HOT!
Thanks for your help!
Katy

Frank's is more like Texas Pete than Tabasco. I agree, 12 oz of Tabasco might just kill you. :laughing: Seriously though, you are just looking for some kind of hot wing type sauce. Bright orange type color.

Thanks so much for the recipes. Katy tabasco sauce is different. Do you have Louisiana's Hot Sauce? It is the same thing only a different brand.

You're very welcome. I hope everything turns out great for your daughter's wedding.

Frank's is more like Texas Pete than Tabasco. I agree, 12 oz of Tabasco might just kill you. :laughing: Seriously though, you are just looking for some kind of hot wing type sauce. Bright orange type color.

Thanks! I didn't know they bottled hot wing sauce. I doubt I can find it here, but I will just make the recipe I use for hot wings and use that. I'm looking forward to trying this recipe and knowing it freezes well is a bonus!

Katy

Thanks! I didn't know they bottled hot wing sauce. I doubt I can find it here, but I will just make the recipe I use for hot wings and use that. I'm looking forward to trying this recipe and knowing it freezes well is a bonus!

Katy

I really hope it works out for you.

Katy Belle, I was just at Walmart and they have Frank's. Not sure if you have a Walmart around or if they carry it at your store. Might be worth a try.

Nope, How I wish we had a Wal-Mart:) We live overseas and have one store that stocks some American brands, at a high price, of course. I'll try to get over there soon and see if they have anything. Otherwise I will just mix up the recipe I usually use on wings.

Oldest DS is sick with a very bad case of Strep Throat. So its a good time to stay home and COOK!

Katy

Another Paula Deen recipe that I use for a crowd is the Baked Beans. Simple as anything and really delicious!!! I get asked to bring it for BBQ, showers and pot luck all the time. Hardly any prep time. Let me know if you're interested.:goodvibes

Oh my Katy Belle. I am sorry to hear about your dd. Hope she is better! I didn't even bother to see where you live. SORRY!

retiredkid, great idea. I am famous for my BBQ beans and that is an easy one that I can throw in the crockpot. Good thinking! Thanks for the offer for the recipe, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter