• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DEBATE: View of The World Thru June 30th

DisDuck

Backup Driver to Car#1
Ok guys here goes.. This is not a trip report but more of an assessement of what I saw and experienced. Good & Bad.

Prelimenary... My wife and I plus 17yo daughter plus 15 yo nephew and 11 & 6 yo nieces. A nice mix of ages. We stayed off-site at my timeshare so cannot report on resorts except when went to character meal at Chef Mickey's. Weather was very WET. It rained everyday for at least a couple hours so I also experienced how WDW handles poor weather conditions.

Hours: MK was 9 to 11 on my first visit(to midnight on 2nd); Epcot was 9 to 9 with half of Future World closed at 7; Studios 9 to 10 with a 10:30 Fantasmic; AK was 9 to 6; Typhoon Lagoon was 9 to 7:30pm.

Crowds: Practically off-season in size. Longest wait on any ride any park was 60 minutes. Weather may have kept many locals from going but what about travelors like myself. Even though forecasts were so-so plans had been made; money spent so had to go no matter what.

Now match crowds to hours and WHY SHOULD THE PARKS BE OPENED LONGER. I did not complete any one park and extending MK/Studios/Epcot by an hour or two would not have made a difference, especially Epcot as what we missed doing was the Countries. Most young children are not really interested in going into/out of stores. We did stop to see The British Invasion and Shockwave which took time away from rides. So why did we not see everything you ask because with young children in tow you stop and smell the roses more not just rush from ride to ride. We lined up for authographs; we stopped for lunch instead of grabbing a bite on the fly; we lined up for parades and shows early so to get good viewing for my nieces. In past years when just my family we could come later for a parade or show since we can see over the people in front.

Now for LandBaron (who will miss this) and others who talk about things missing. I saw no burnt out light bulbs; no daytime maintenance; clean streets even in the rain; clean rides; friendly CM's under wet circumstances. The overall atmosphere was just like it always was in the 'golden years'. What was bad then? Well, parade in MK cancelled after sitting in rain until almost start time. They could have announced cancellation sooner but I guess they were hoping rain would go away. Wish Living Seas had been updated so that it would be worthwhile to visit.

Experience: Nothing short of Magical. Why because for the first time in a long time I saw WDW thru the eyes of children my nieces. Some have claimed how 'lame' the Pooh ride is well it was not to my 6 yo niece. You had to see her face when the Honey Pot was bouncing along with Tigger and she was waving hello to Tigger. THAT IS MAGIC. Or the look on both their faces when characters would sign their books and pose for pictures. My 11 yo niece got picked to march in the Lion King show at AK and was thrilled.

I honestly believe we here, including myself to some extent, have become jaded. We are frequent visitors, most of us (or all) are adults looking at WDW as adults. My suggestion on your next visit look at the young children around you. Look at their faces when they see the characters, either up close or on parade. Do these children see the Magic fading or maybe a cleaning crew coming by at close instead of waiting to park is empty. NO! Yet this is what 'we' see and say something is wrong.

As for AK.. I went at opening 9am. I was there until 5:15pm and could not complete the Park. I missed 2 shows and Conservation Station plus letting the kids play in the boneyard (rain prevented that). How is that a half-day park? If all someone wants to do is run/walk from ride to ride then I can complete each WDW with time to spare; therefore, each park is 'half-day'. If exploring/watching is not your thing, fine but don't define your likes/dislikes as the definitive answer. Each one of us has our own impression of AK, to some it lacks something and that makes it half-day, to others there is enough present to make it a full-day.

I did not go to Universal/IOA because only 1 or 2 out of our party of 6 would have gotten anything out of IOA and Universal closes too early to waste a day on. We did go to SeaWorld which all of us liked and had dinner with Shamu which thrilled the kids. However, if WDW is overpriced (ie. ripe-off) then SW is the leader and WDW is the follower. It started with parking $7 instead of WDW's $6; followed by starchy parking attendents. My wife has torn cartiledge in her knee; at WDW they allowed us to park at the head of a row to shorten walk to tram; at SW which has no tram that was not allowed. Why, because others may ask for the same privilege. Of course, how would anyone else know why we parked at the head? Then it continued in the park when speaking to guest sevices about it, response was 'tough luck'. Now the ripe-off part. WDW has FastPass; U/IOA has Front-Line (but only onsite guest); well SW has gone one step further, YOU CAN BUY FASTPASS. That's right for an extra price, above admission (already more than WDW) you can pay for going to the front. Nice deal huh. And WDW is so bad????

Final thoughts.. This was a good vacation, not great because the weather did put a damper on things. WDW was not like the car #3 people keep saying. Yes, the hours were less than in the past but there was no need for extended hours. The crowds did not warrant it. In fact if not for having young children with us I would have done everything in each park well within the hours available. Bottom-Line, the MAGIC is there. In the parades, in the shows, in the rides and in the CM's who help pull it all together. Eisner may be squeezing every penny he can out of the parks but he has yet to effect the MAGIC and it is so ingrained in the place that short of tearing it down it is not in danger.

Therefore, I will continue to lurk on this board and even take part in an occasional discussion but I find myself repeating the same things over and over again. We each have our opinion of what WDW is and what it is becoming or not becoming. Like scoops in his thread, if WDW is fading then why go? The day the magic dies is the day I stop going and for me that day is NOT HAPPENING.

I hope you all enjoy your trips as they come up. I tried to see Safari Steve and OnWithTheShow but missed them. Maybe next time.

from your committed Car #1 DisDuck

Originally posted by DisDuck
Experience: Nothing short of Magical. Why because for the first time in a long time I saw WDW thru the eyes of children my nieces. Some have claimed how 'lame' the Pooh ride is well it was not to my 6 yo niece. You had to see her face when the Honey Pot was bouncing along with Tigger and she was waving hello to Tigger. THAT IS MAGIC. Or the look on both their faces when characters would sign their books and pose for pictures. My 11 yo niece got picked to march in the Lion King show at AK and was thrilled.

I honestly believe we here, including myself to some extent, have become jaded. We are frequent visitors, most of us (or all) are adults looking at WDW as adults. My suggestion on your next visit look at the young children around you. Look at their faces when they see the characters, either up close or on parade. Do these children see the Magic fading or maybe a cleaning crew coming by at close instead of waiting to park is empty. NO! Yet this is what 'we' see and say something is wrong.
Glad you had a great time.

Why as an adult with no children do I have to look at Disney World through the eyes of a child? Children have no concept of value. Children can very easily be entertained where as adults are a little harder to please (kids love the Dumbo spinner and the Tea cups). I have no doubt that much of Disney pleases a child that is really not my concern..

Thanks for the report Duck. I know exactly what you mean and couldn't agree more.

Europa - you don't have to look at WDW thru the eyes of the children around you unless your views have become so tainted by the loss of things from yesteryear that you can no longer see much of the Magic that is there. However, if you have forgotten the myriad of little things that make the Magic, it helps to have a refresher from an innocent. Just my opinion.

I did wonder how long it would take for someone to post that kids don't know any better. One post, not long at all. I do think that is sad, and I do disagree.

Originally posted by DisneyKidds
Europa - you don't have to look at WDW thru the eyes of the children around you unless your views have become so tainted by the loss of things from yesteryear that you can no longer see much of the Magic that is there. However, if you have forgotten the myriad of little things that make the Magic, it helps to have a refresher from an innocent. Just my opinion.

I did wonder how long it would take for someone to post that kids don't know any better. One post, not long at all. I do think that is sad, and I do disagree.

I have no problem with the old magic...this is starting to sound familiar. Again I have a problem with some of the "new" magic or lack there of, along with certain things as a PAYING adult that have been taken away from me.

I never said, "kids don't know any better ". I said exactly what is true, that children are easily entertained and have no concept of value. Nor do they have the benefit of History as they get older they gain these valuable tools.

I'm a lurker but had to add to this post. I am NOT a debater as are most of the regulars or much of a writer either so please go easy on me. (you guys can get pretty scary)

My first trip to Disney was this past February for our 30th wedding anniversary. Had wanted to go to Disneyland since I was a child but knew it would never happen. Made a spur of the moment decision after 9/11 to finally visit the House of the Mouse. I researched, read every discussion group, newsgroup and book I could get my hands on. I had to make every magical minute at Disney count.

We arrived after a two day drive and stayed offsite the first night. I was practically in hysterics that evening, terrified Disney would not live up to my unrealistic expectations of Magic. My pessimistic side had reared it's ugly head. OMG, I'm going to an overpriced amusement park.

Within 5 minutes of being on property, I was immersed in the Magic that is Disney. From the fantastic room upgrade to the shivers and tears that were shed watching(and listening)to Illuminations, every single minute was Magical. I found myself crying with joy at simple things like watching the fountain between FW and WS in Epcot. Damned if I didn't cry like a baby, when after 30 yrs of waiting, I actually saw my Tinkerbell fly!! I still get teary eyed just thinking about it. And the Teacups! I finally got to ride the teacups! My DH and I had a blast and spun around so fast I almost got sick! lol. I loved every minute of it!!! Did I view Disney through the eyes of a child? No, I viewed it through the eyes of an almost 50 yr old.

The Magic is alive and well even for pessimists like me. It lives inside us. Disney is the vehicle that allows it to surface, but only if we let it.

Kids also have different tastes than adults which is fine. My son loved Chuck E Cheese and Ronald McDonald too.

As far as SeaWorld charging for FastPass, I believe that it's just a matter of time before all of the parks do this. SeaWorld is just a little faster this time. :D You said that only 1 or 2 in your group would have liked Universal? I see possibly three excluding the nieces (even though many 11 year olds seem to like it) and your wife since she has the injured knee. I hope that her knee isn't hurting too much.

I still see the magic at WDW. I don't see it quite as often and I don't see it in most of the newer additions as rare as they are. But that said, I'm glad that you had such a nice time.

Now for the really important questions. ;) Did you see any construction? Any closures? Any rumors from CM's?

DisDuck im glad you have a great visit!!!
What time does Universal Close???
The parks should be open longer to improve the guest experience, just because you didnt feel you needed the extra time doesnt mean other people could have used the time.
So a young child likes Pooh, does that make it a great ride for all and a improvement of the Pooh ride at TDS that isnt on a track??? And while it may be nice to see smiles on a stranger/kids face, im more concerned with the experience of myself and my family, just because someone coming for the first time has a great time dosent mean the magic has been diminshed for those of us who have been going for far longer and who are ware of how things are now and what they were in the past, be it park hours/ee as examples.
And because one family finds Ak to be more than a half day park doenst make it so and the amout of people in the park at clsoing is a far better indication, unless we are to believe more people are at AK at closing than MK or Epcot.
People who believe the magic is fading can still find the magic,you just have to look harder than you used too and some of us still believe disney can be held to high standards and not just buy what the pr flaks throw at us.

I did not miss it!!!

I stopped in Atlanta overnight at my Aunt's house and took control of her computer!! So....

... Welcome back my good Duck!! I'm glad you had good time!! I'm sure I will, too. I'll let you know in about three weeks. We'll campare notes and 'discuss' the state of things!! (something tells me our 'takes' may be a little different!) ;)

Anyway, I hope the rain stops!!

So much for my short lived hiatus from posting on 'touchy' subjects :jester: - and I can see this one drawing people to polar opposites ;) - but here goes. You guys are just too much fun :bounce:. I'll do my very best to leave car references out :).

Apparently it is not only kids, but first time visitors don't know any better either ;).

All good natured ribbing aside (and that is what that was intended to be so nobody take offense, please), I have a very serious question regarding the J word that the Duck threw out there (and has been tossed about before).

You have many a first time visitor, adults and kids alike, who go to WDW and experience Magic that all of us either did at one time, or still do today. It was very nice of you Candlelady to illuminate us with your experience (thanks :D ). Granted, some of the ingredients in the Magic recipe may have changed, but heaping bowls full of Magic are being served up as we speak. I spend plenty of time on the theme parks and resorts boards, and since I have had the pleasure of engaging in thoughtful discussion with the fine folks on this board I am particularly mindful of the plethora of people who post on those boards how truely wonderful and Magical their WDW experiences are. There are lots of them (along with a few bad experiences).

So, offhanded references to people not knowing any better aside, on to my question :cool:. What is different about people visiting WDW for the first time today than someone who visited for the first time 30 years ago, or 20, or 10? These people have never been before. Whatever preconceived notions they may have are no different than the preconceived notions you or I had 10, or 20, or 30 years ago. (or are they :confused: ) Disney has not conditioned these people to 'settle' for less, or accept what Disney 'gives' them, or just buy what the pr flaks throw at them. They go in innocent and uninitiated, and come out full fledged, card carrying Disney Magic fans - just like you or I did :p. How can that be?

As Europa pointed out, some people have no problem with the old Magic, and that may be a big part of the answer - that the old Magic is as strong as it ever was and is carrying the day :smooth:. However, many believe that key elements of the old Magic are being chipped away. That the foundation of old Magic is crumbling, while new additions are also working to pull Disney apart.

At first I was thinking that this question gets more at the literal meaning of the Magic and how people receive whatever Magic is presented. Then I thought a bit more (yes, that's what gets me in trouble ;)). These people are experiencing WDW for the first time, recent changes and all. They are experiencing the effects of the business decisions that have been made and directions the company has gone in (the real intent of the carpool, right?). They are evaluating not only things that existed in 1972, but what was created (or destroyed depending upon your viewpoint) in 1994, or 1998, or 2000, or 2002. They have the full benefit of seeing it all, and, while some things may not be there for them to experience that were there for you or I in 1972, they see Magic. Lots and lots of strong Magic.

I am trying to step outside the subjective aspect of the Magic that has us say 'my Magic is or isn't diminished because of x or y' and focus on the objective Magic of today that is the result of the 'decisions and directions' of the company. While the 'decisions and directions' the company has embarked on may have affected your or my Magic (as I still believe it can be quite subjective and personal), is it possible that the overall general Magic has not been diminished? Does the feedback we get from new visitors tell us that, or can we not draw any conclusions from the Magic they experience today? Or do people today really not know any better because they have never seen Mickey Head Butter, or EE, or the MK until 1 am without paying for an E-night :( ?

Sure, future decisions may still yet unravel the sheet and leave it threadbare, and those concerns may be valid, but can we conclude that objectively that has not started to happen yet based on what we know about people's current experiences? Do these people have the ability to truely experience Magic or is it that they have not yet gained that valuable tool of history that allows them to be jaded by the loss of certain things they may have liked? Remember, none of us had the tool of history on our first visit.

Not looking for arguments here or to stir up trouble, just some thought provoking discussion about the real effects of past and present 'decisions and directions' on our beloved WDW.

BTW, my DD likes Chuck E Cheese as well, but even my little 3 yo wouldn't see fit to compare it to WDW.

PS - hope this is on target enough and I am not hijaking the Ducks fine thread :).

Does my experience define your experience or vice versa?

Monsieur Duck, great post.

You reminded me that my family loves Pooh, too. So there are two sides of the coin. One is the experience when my family and I were literally one of the first people to try out the ride when it opened. We had a ball! The kids loved it, and it is a staple of our itinerary every time we go. The other side is reading about the Japanese version. It was developed right around the same time, and, after the opening day problems were fixed, has been getting absofreakinlutely rave reviews ever since...Yes I know the average fan doesn't know about that, but that goes with the territory of wanting to get deeper in knowledge about the Disney empire.

M. Duck, I do have one question. How did you avoid the maintenance? My last trip in 2001 we had the entire front end of the castle walkway roped off with people painting it in front of us. I remember talking with Baron about this back then. I thought it was an unusual sight, until I learned that there has been more and more daytime maintenance being done.

I think the difference in opinion can be the question asked by Disneykidds" Or do people to day not really know any better because they havent seen Mickey head butter,or EE, or the MK open till 100am without paying for a E night"
If people knew how things once were it would affect how they see things today, what they missed and how the value/magic has been scaled back. You wont miss something if you were never aware of it.

Originally posted by Bob O
If people knew how things once were it would affect how they see things today, what they missed and how the value/magic has been scaled back. You wont miss something if you were never aware of it.

I've only been going for about 10 years and in the off season. My trips are as good today as they were 10 years ago.

I don't think others can define my experience, but many have the want to.

Bob O,

I have learned to live for today. I enjoy today. If you and others choose to live in a day gone bye, a time that's past, good for you. But why the need to denigrate to my experience. Mine is fresh and current and reality.

That is a valid point Bob. However, it does not apply to everyone in this case. I have been vsiiting WDW for over 15 years. I've seen all of the subtle changes(hours scaled back,mickey butter,etc) and can honestly say that each and every trip has been just as exciting and relaxing and enjoyable as the one before. Do I miss some of the things that were taken away? When I did notice some of the things that had been mentioned here I guess I simply adapted, maybe even settled. I really didn't even notice alot of the subtle changes until after I retuned and read about them here. The little things can add up I know, but I guess in my case they haven't added up enough(yet) to adversely affect my vacation experience. My last visit this past December was pure magic. I flat out love the place, as most of us here do. And at least in my case(and apparantly Eeyore2U's)these changes are nothing more than a sideshow distraction. To us at least, they are of very little significance. Please understand that I do not mean to belittle anyone's view of the parks. I respect everyone's take whether i agree with them or not. My opinion is my own and I merely wanted to share how I felt so as to offer a different point of view. We can and always have, agreed to disagree.

My enjoyment truthfully hasn't changed that much either (except for one bad resort choice). I still see the magic and I still have a wonderful time. But I do notice the differences and those worry me. I'm afraid that they indicate a bigger problem that will only gain steam as time passes unless someone puts the brakes on it.

I can compare it to a lovely forest that I used to drive through. First someone built a convenience store. OK, that was too bad but I could still enjoy the trip. Then the loggers came in on one side and made a bit of a mess. I decided to admire the other side. Then a developer started clearing the pristine side for a new neighborhood. Suddenly the lovely forest was disappearing right before my eyes. :(

This is a rather simplistic example of what I'm talking about. Bit by bit I see little things disappearing or changing at Disney. I'm not saying that they can't be improvements but so far I don't see much of anything getting better. Just my personal taste I know but still worrisome to me.

I'll be taking a break from WDW just to give it a rest but then I'll be back. I have no doubt that the magic will still be there but I fear losing some more little elements of it that are important to me. :confused:

Having a sense of History and remembering the things as they once were, is not living in the past. It's not as if we are sitting in our homes pining away for Model T Fords and getting the family around the radio to listen to Howdy Doodey. I think we can all agree that things change sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. It's the worse that I have a problem with. A little nibble here a little nibble there and then suddenly you look and someone has eaten half of the cake.

If having a sense of history and wanting some of the better things that have been taken away from me returned means that that I'm not living in reality; then so be it.

I think that Planogirl has really hit the nail on the head here...

but I fear losing some more little elements of it that are important to me...

For some we have already lost enough...for a lot of other people that has not happened yet. I hope that it never happens either. I fear though, that it may soon happen

Good points everyone. However, they have all been made before and I see what everyone is saying on all sides. Instead of going back over old ground lets take it a little further, and take it past the nibbling away of things that are Magic to a particular person. I agree, the various components of the Magic are changing. As has been discussed elsewhere, many feel the Magic is a quantifiable list of a million little things and details that make Disney what it is. That list is going to be ever changing. Some things will go and it affects different people different ways. Same for additions. But we have talked about that ad nausium. If we turn this into a sense of history discussion, living in the past, not in reality, Magic eroded for me type of thing we will just have the same old chat. Try and remove 'I' or 'Me' from your vocabulary and get away from the subjective. Lets really talk about those 'decisions and directions' we allude to and the affects they have on the Magic equation.

So agreed, things have changed. Things have been 'lost' that were there in the past. Things have been added (yet these are fewer than the losses). These are the facts before the court. The jury is charged with determining if the Magic for the whole is 'strong' in general like it used to be, and whether Team Disney has made decisions or gone in directions that have kept the relative 'strength' the same, even if the components are different. With me?

So I say it again, what about all those new first time visitors? They come to WDW and are amazed, hit with the same sense of awe and wonder, have the same emotional response illicited in them that we had 10, or 20, or 30 years ago. How is that?

Sorry Bob 0, this is a bit of a cop out...

You have to give us more. That statement says nothing about the 'decisions and directions' that are of concern. While your statement is correct, it has nothing to do with the question at hand. That question is - Since new visitors today have the very same reaction to the WDW experience that you or I had 10 or 20 years ago, does it mean that the Magic that is presented, although different in its components, is the same overall?

If the aswer to that question is yes, than have the 'decisions and directions', while not agreeable to us individually, not been that horrendous and are they not as threatening as some see them? If the asnwer the question is no, convince the jury as to why. Yes, people may not know any better sans MHB and EE (and did either of these even exist in 1972?), but does it mean their reaction to the Magic of today is any less valid than your reaction 10 or 20 years ago?

An interesting thing about people. While they are all individuals and act and react in unique ways, when you look at the collective you see very real trends for the overall group that can prove to be rather consistent. Is the trend of the people experiencing the Magic today very much different from the past?

Come on, lets talk about this in a way we haven't before, at least not in the last couple of months. I apologize if some of you have covered this ground in the more distant past. However, if you did and solved the riddle we wouldn't be having thiese discussions would we?

Originally posted by DisneyKidds

So I say it again, what about all those new first time visitors? They come to WDW and are amazed, hit with the same sense of awe and wonder, have the same emotional response illicited in them that we had 10, or 20, or 30 years ago. How is that?

You have to give us more. That statement says nothing about the 'decisions and directions' that are of concern. While your statement is correct, it has nothing to do with the question at hand. That question is - Since new visitors today have the very same reaction to the WDW experience that you or I had 10 or 20 years ago, does it mean that the Magic that is presented, although different in its components, is the same overall?

If the aswer to that question is yes, than have the 'decisions and directions', while not agreeable to us individually, not been that horrendous and are they not as threatening as some see them? If the asnwer the question is no, convince the jury as to why. Yes, people may not know any better sans MHB and EE (and did either of these even exist in 1972?), but does it mean their reaction to the Magic of today is any less valid than your reaction 10 or 20 years ago?

An interesting thing about people. While they are all individuals and act and react in unique ways, when you look at the collective you see very real trends for the overall group that can prove to be rather consistent. Is the trend of the people experiencing the Magic today very much different from the past?

Come on, lets talk about this in a way we haven't before, at least not in the last couple of months. I apologize if some of you have covered this ground in the more distant past. However, if you did and solved the riddle we wouldn't be having thiese discussions would we?

I don't think that I can assume that people are having the same reactions or experiences as those 10 -20 -30 years ago. I can only speak on what I have experienced. Everybody is different. Who is to say that child that sees Disney now at 5 will grow up and bring their children to Disney? Only time will tell. Sure you may look at a child and seem them smile enjoy themselves but is it the same experience that I had, you had or Sammy from Iowa? What about those people that go to Disney and hate it or "don't get the magic" as a lot of people like to say? Are they warped? Don't tell me those people aren't out there. I've seen them.. I've talked to them. Would they have liked Disney 10 years ago or 30 years ago for that matter? I really have no idea. It is impossible to take the “me” or the “I” out of our discussions that is the only thing that we can speak on and be 100% correct.

Good points Europa :). First off, lets take kids out of the fray and talk about the adults that are experiencing WDW today. We can get a sense of their experiences from anecdotal evidence we find on these and other boards (ie - Candlelady's post). Maybe it is hearsay, but people have been convicted on less. Second, lets agree that there are adults that go today and love WDW as much as we did and there are adults that go today and absolutely hate it, just like there were people that did so in the past.

I have been beaten up a few times for an 'I like' mentality, for discussing 'subjective' Magic, for not focusing on the 'decisions and directions'. So I said, what the heck, let me look at it from a different angle. We can't say much with 100% certainty. Furthermore, if we only spoke when we could we wouldn't have much to say - even around here :smooth:.

I believe today's experience in WDW is more 'magical' then 20-30 years ago.

The little touches of yester-year were nice. Alot of people enjoyed them. I enjoyed them. New things were added, things taken away.
People get their panties in such a bunch over some minor details. And in all honesty they are minor. Really.
If those little things meant so much to a WDW vacation, I am sure there are other vacation destinations that might please others more. If they can't enjoy their Disney vacation because of e-nites or mickey butter, maybe they should try somewhere else.
These things are not missed by me. I think the privilage of DVC, fabulous themes wherever you look, courteous CM's, cleanliness of the property. Some great reasons to still love the world.

Before, during and after having children, Disney has always been enjoyable. Yes, I may get more out of it now because I get to experience it all with my kids. But my 5th trip to my 50th trip, every one of my trips were pure Disney. Yes, we've had our problems but they were always resolved, Disney style. Which made us love them even more!!!
I don't feel I am settling. New technology, new insights. Things change. I roll with the punches and assess my feelings when necessary.

But people today will enjoy Disney more now then before. There is more magic now then the 70's, most definitely. The CM's try SSSSSSSSooooooooooooooooo hard to see that people are touched by some magic while on their WDW vacation.
It probably all started when EPCOT opened. Disney really focused on the 'magic' of things then.

Disney's recent desicions and directions are not always made for the right reasons. That's true. They affect us in good and bad ways. True again. It all depends on how bad it really is, to an individual. It's all based on opinion.

But as other have said (thank you Irodk), this is merely my opinion. I wanted to share, to show how things can be so different from one person to the next.
Thank you everyone for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter