• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DEBATE: View of The World Thru June 30th

Personally, I'm 27 and I love the Teacups and Dumbo. So you can keep your sophisticated Adult sensibilities.

I have never had a non-Magical Disney Vacation, but I know some people here who have expireanced blows to the magic like a hit to the Solar Plexus.

To me, there's two things here, there is what Walt Disney World Staff are doing and What the managment back in California are doing. To me, the Staff at the resort does everything possible to maintain magic. but that can't hide the failures of Managment to live up to what Walt and good sense expect of them. I cannot forgive them their faults, because a child likes the Dumbo ride. They still are blundering through attempts to Destroy that which the CMs try to shore up.

I can't stand it.

I did not go to Universal/IOA because only 1 or 2 out of our party of 6 would have gotten anything out of IOA and Universal closes too early to waste a day on
Universal closed at 9pm during your stay. Is that really to early? How long were the Disney parks open? How do you know up front that only 1 or 2 out of 6 would have enjoyed IOA? Have they all been there before?

airlarry.. So no visible maintenance. There were construction walls up for Mission at Epcot; there were walls up at Marketplace and road work around that section. But no one painting, changing light bulbs, etc. during guest hours. Yet place looked clean, fresh and in some places had the look of new paint. So conclusion to me was that maintenance work has gotten better and turned into overnight work like in the past so guests not assaulted by signs of maintenance.

johare... All WDW opened same or later than IOA/Universal except for AK. How do I know what my companions would like or not. Well, 15 yo boy would not go on Krakken at SeaWorld so expect would bypass Dueling Dragons and Dr. Doom. 11 yo girl went on RnR and her eyes nearly bugged out according to photo and she insisted on not going anywhere near RnR again. 6 yo gir too short for all but Suess at IOA. Wife goes on NO COASTERS period and barely tolerates Jurrasic and Splash Mountain. That leave my 17 yo daughter and myself. Both of us a wushes to a great extent. RnR is the most we would go on. IOA has little value to me.

BobO.. when I left AK at 5:15pm there were still plenty of people remaining till closing at 6pm. The exit was uncrowded. So by your standard, if people stay till closing then it must be an all-day park has been satisfied.

To general group.. Some of my message was lost in the translation which I expected. My point of Pooh and my niece was not that a child does not know value but that a ride can excite a child; inspire their imagination (why wave to a cut-out figure unless some how it seems real to you). Isn't that what Magic is all about? Inspiring the imagination. Except for Future World (which does need an upgrade) the Magic existed now as it has in the past 20 other visits over 27 years). If it doesn't for you that is 'your' experience and it has meaning just to 'you' but did not insist that because you no longer see the same that it cannot exist for me. That is discounting my opinion.

I think this thread has served its purpose, at least for me. It demostrates that MAGIC is very personal and subjective. Different strokes for different folks. That is why I will probably stick to the Debate Board most of the time, less redundent.

Finally, the only romur I heard was about new rides at AK. Something like we have been discussing.

I have no phone at home(wires down in neighborhood) so no computer access so my comments will be brief.
I still find my visits magical, but i do miss things that we had before-ie-EE, extended park hours etc which do detract from the hours i can enjoy myself and take away some of the magic
Disduck Unless people are leaving in the numbers like at MK or Epcot at the end of the parade/Illuminations then i dont consider it busy at closing. Does plenty mean thousands upon thousands of hundred, their is a big difference.
I dont consider the parks being not being open up too several hours a day less to be a small thing, that greatly impacts your visit.
Everybody will be afftected differently considering what their favorite attractions are or what they enjoy best. If i never knew about EE or the fact the parks used to be open till midnight i wouldnt miss it, but since i do remember those things i just cant make believe they never took place or the enjoyment my family received beacuse of them and now we wont experience them at this time.
For some who go often the cut in hours may not bother you but when you go less often it does impact your visit and enjoyment of it.

Glad you had another great trip.

Can we stipulate that maintenance at WDW isn’t an issue?

I think it was more than a year ago that maintenance became somewhat of a discussion topic here (reports of light bulbs burned out for extended periods, etc). While I hear an occasional report of daytime work being done, or someone saying trash was everywhere, it still seems very much the exception. I’m sure cost cutting has impacted on the maintenance budget, but it seems WDW is being reasonably well taken care of. Does anyone really feel different?

Not sure this is the case at DL. Could be the case of reading one too many Lutz reports, but I think there is a different dynamic at work there. I will get a chance to see for myself in a couple of weeks. Along with checking out DCA for the first time. Should be interesting and I'm glad I got one of those discounted park hoppers.

Small Maintainence, Lightbulbs and such is not an issue anymore. Hasn't been for over a year now.

Bigger Maintainence is a different story though.

Disneyland is a Peeling festering pit of neglect though. December 2000. There were Bare railing on the steps to Main Street Station and Fantasyland was literally pulling apart at the seams.

Thanks M. Duck for the quick response.

I've also never had a complaint about the maintenace at WDW -- other than that unusal site of watching painters at the Castle in the middle of the morning. Could be that there was a problem and the paint didn't dry quick enough or whatever, and hopefully it was just a one time thing.

I've mentioned here a couple of times only because it seemed so out of place.

I still think that the CM's, at least in WDW, do a fantastic job of keeping the entire resort looking great. We are thinking about a DL trip next year; I'll be able to check out Al's reports for myself. The pictures look pretty bad, though.

With regard to Disneyland, yes, it has many areas that are/were overdue for big maintenance. A lot has been done in the last 8 months, and its not clear if this is an honest effort to get back on track, or if its just doing what they have to do to get by.

One thing I noticed at MK that really did annoy me was the motorized street sweepers coming out right at closing, and even before in some cases.

We saw one going down Main Street between Spectro and Fantasy in the Sky. Besides the noise factor, this even seemed dangerous, given how crowded it was.

We were at MK as it closed on four different nights in May/June, and on each, the motorized sweepers were operating immediately after Fantasy. This seems inexcuseable to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter