Deb's (solar) - Babysteps to Big Changes

checking in -- have another half tomorrow..will be my last until October.

i've been walking at a local park to keep moving. I'm trying to take the "you have to do THIS MUCH" out of my moving, and just enjoy moving my body in a relaxed way right now....I really know that this is something I want to stay with, it's just finding my balance right now.

I think after this weekend, I'll be able to figure out a pattern that works for me...instead of "have to" - I want it to be "want to"....just because I enjoy it.

It's an interesting transition - going from heavy focus on food/running to more relaxed about my eating/moving -- but i'm getting closer to where i want to be, something realistic that will stick.

Hope you did well today on your race today. I guess it will be over by now so hoping a good recovery as well. :yay:

Congratulations!! :cool1:

Myfirst half marathon is in 2 weeks. Any advice for a first timer?

Good luck!!!

advice? 2 things...trust your training....know that you put the effort in and your body will know what to do

....and when your body tells you it's tired or is aching and your head is playing games with you (for me this time, right around 11.5 miles!) -- know that you DO have it in you - and ignore those feelings, just put one foot in front of the other and know your body can carry you to the finish line.

You'll do great, just keep moving!

thank you...

I hope to be back next week on a more regular basis catching up with everyone

Good luck!!!

advice? 2 things...trust your training....know that you put the effort in and your body will know what to do

....and when your body tells you it's tired or is aching and your head is playing games with you (for me this time, right around 11.5 miles!) -- know that you DO have it in you - and ignore those feelings, just put one foot in front of the other and know your body can carry you to the finish line.

You'll do great, just keep moving!

Thanks! I'm really excited! :goodvibes

I've been really sucky about keeping up here the last bit. I'm doing well, and am just in break mode. I head to Disney shortly and my next race is in Oct - the Wine/Dine half marathon.

I'm taking it easy, my eating has been on/off - and I'm just enjoying summer. I guess I've been chatty in other places, so ended up quieter here.

I'll probably be more active again when I'm back in full training mode after vacation.

Cheers to all, Deb

Deb, have a great time in WDW!! Good to hear from you and glad you are enjoying the summer. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter