Debt Dumpers 2021

We drove to Vegas a few years ago. It's a 4 hour trip, usually. Our return home took us almost 9 HOURS due to traffic. It was horrific. After that, we vowed to never drive again. I'd much rather be stuck in an airport lounge waiting on a flight delay with some nice drinks and food than in a car that is literally crawling along at 10mph for hours on end in the middle of the desert.
We must have got lucky when we drove in November. We didn't hit traffic coming or going. Traffic will be something we'd have to take into account for whenever we decide to go next.

Made a $1,500 payment on my credit card this morning. 🤗
9:30 this morning found out my grandmother passed away over night. So of course we will spend money on going to services. 😥
2:30 DH calls to ask if I could please go buy him a new phone 🙄🤪
Didnt get a $1,500 phone but ugh seriously?!?
Today was my last day at a job I am so over. Sunday I go back in a way to my dream job that I left 5 years but am taking a pay cut. Emotions all over the place today.
But did I mention I made a $1,500 cc payment today?!??

We must have got lucky when we drove in November. We didn't hit traffic coming or going. Traffic will be something we'd have to take into account for whenever we decide to go next.

We were not expecting it. We headed home on a random Tuesday morning in December. There was construction first for awhile and then just accident after accident. It was godawful.

Rug under a dining room table, or not?

Dining room echoes in our new place, it's a bigger room than we've ever had, and separate off from the living room and kitchen. I've got two IKEA cabinets in it plus the table, the curtains were left to us and I'm not buying new ones these work fine. I usually don't like carpeting in a dining room due to possible spills, easier to run a mop on just the floor, and if it's harder for the scooting chairs in, but need to combat the echo. Also could add two 5x7 rugs on either side of the table, enough space to do so. I was looking up rugs online at Amazon to order and ship, or IKEA website for a run down there, now I'm bombarded with ads popping up for Disney Ruggables :rotfl:

update for April
2021 Financial goals
  • Get emergency fund back up to 20k (add 10k. Used some for vacay home down payment...it was an emergency 😝) added $400
  • Save 6k in IRA start in May
  • Max 401k on track
  • Start hubs Cuda restoration savings of 5k start in Aug
  • Donate 2K to our family scholarship fund $1k done
  • Save 2500 in kids 529 $200 per month on track
  • Save 10k in our short term rental’s account (from rental income- remainder of income used for expenses) should see a check for the first time for April!!
  • Save for and TAKE vacations! made a down payment on Alaskan cruise and land tour for May 2022 (canx from May 2021). Made dining reservations for July Disney trip
2021 Personal Goals
  • Build mud room lockers tbd just need the time
  • Give gratitude daily think I need to tie this to an anchor habit like my morning coffee so I don’t forget
  • Install kitchen backsplash Aug?
  • Garden and pick all my strawberries and blueberries so they don’t go to the birds (or insects
  • Read more
  • Get settled in my new job such that I can work reasonable hours by the holidays worked a lot this week- hoping the whole summer isnt
Have my budget set for May- hoping to save an extra 2k in to some different buckets

I’ve been struggling with the idea of paying off my mortgage vs building up more liquid savings (not retirement)...I think I’m going to start with savings vs mortgage and see how good I am at not spending it. If I cannot leave it be, it’d be better to put towards the mortgage

Rug under a dining room table, or not?

Dining room echoes in our new place, it's a bigger room than we've ever had, and separate off from the living room and kitchen. I've got two IKEA cabinets in it plus the table, the curtains were left to us and I'm not buying new ones these work fine. I usually don't like carpeting in a dining room due to possible spills, easier to run a mop on just the floor, and if it's harder for the scooting chairs in, but need to combat the echo. Also could add two 5x7 rugs on either side of the table, enough space to do so. I was looking up rugs online at Amazon to order and ship, or IKEA website for a run down there, now I'm bombarded with ads popping up for Disney Ruggables :rotfl:

do you have any artwork or photos on the walls yet? that can absorb some of the sound. if you want a potentially less expensive alternative to area rugs you could look into bound carpet. you choose a carpet that you like and have it bound around the edge to the shape and size you desire. the price can be significantly less. as an example-a 9 x 12 rug can easily run over 1K while enough broadloom carpet would run less than $300, add in standard binding and that brings the price up by about another $100. it can be quite a savings (we did this for a family room in a former home-i chose the most stain resistant i could find and figured my steam cleaner could address any issues vs. having to get a rug professionally cleaned).

do you have any artwork or photos on the walls yet? that can absorb some of the sound. if you want a potentially less expensive alternative to area rugs you could look into bound carpet. you choose a carpet that you like and have it bound around the edge to the shape and size you desire. the price can be significantly less. as an example-a 9 x 12 rug can easily run over 1K while enough broadloom carpet would run less than $300, add in standard binding and that brings the price up by about another $100. it can be quite a savings (we did this for a family room in a former home-i chose the most stain resistant i could find and figured my steam cleaner could address any issues vs. having to get a rug professionally cleaned).
I only have one very large one there was already a hook for, and don't feel like putting any others up. Also, trying to keep the walls in decent condition without much work at the end of renting. Renting again, with moving being tedious, somewhere back we got tired of putting up pictures. Most of my family pictures I eventually didn't put back up between moves, but the boxes they were stored in got overwhelming so I pulled out of frames, and boxed in picture boxes, frames we got rid of. We used to have so many up. Eventually we'll buy a house again, but probably still won't put much up.

I hadn't heard of bound carpet. I'll probably look for a low or no pile rug, cheapest I can find that matches, and try it out. My price point I'm willing to do is about $100-$150 for the size I need would be 8x10, 7x10 would work also. Something also if it needs cleaning, we can do it cheaply, or an outdoor rug to haul out and hose off and dry! Decorating savvy and design fashion is not my thing, I accept that! We have a rug cleaner.

After much aggravation, 1 of the phones has been returned. They couldnt process the credit back onto the card for what ever reason so I was given cash. Will put it into the bank Monday and pay the credit card with it.

I only have one very large one there was already a hook for, and don't feel like putting any others up. Also, trying to keep the walls in decent condition without much work at the end of renting. Renting again, with moving being tedious, somewhere back we got tired of putting up pictures. Most of my family pictures I eventually didn't put back up between moves, but the boxes they were stored in got overwhelming so I pulled out of frames, and boxed in picture boxes, frames we got rid of. We used to have so many up. Eventually we'll buy a house again, but probably still won't put much up.

I hadn't heard of bound carpet. I'll probably look for a low or no pile rug, cheapest I can find that matches, and try it out. My price point I'm willing to do is about $100-$150 for the size I need would be 8x10, 7x10 would work also. Something also if it needs cleaning, we can do it cheaply, or an outdoor rug to haul out and hose off and dry! Decorating savvy and design fashion is not my thing, I accept that! We have a rug cleaner.
Wayfair also has good prices around there for an 8x10 with sales, which I think they have one now.
What about command strips for hanging? Costco and Sam's usually carry packs making them pretty reasonable for pricing. They're my favorite so there's no damage if I change my mind

Made a $1,500 payment on my credit card this morning. 🤗
9:30 this morning found out my grandmother passed away over night. So of course we will spend money on going to services. 😥
2:30 DH calls to ask if I could please go buy him a new phone 🙄🤪
Didnt get a $1,500 phone but ugh seriously?!?
Today was my last day at a job I am so over. Sunday I go back in a way to my dream job that I left 5 years but am taking a pay cut. Emotions all over the place today.
But did I mention I made a $1,500 cc payment today?!??

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug: Grandmothers are special.

Phone Update: the second one will be going back tomorrow! Ended up with a $79 one for now. I know it sounds cheap but we were so frustrated and were D O N E

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter