• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dec 28, '04 - ONE WEEK from today we'll be "fill in the blank"

Greetings all...I am feeling festive as it is now snowing and I have finished most of my Christmas shopping!

I have read very positive things about Florida Tours for a towncar, I have booked them - $160 return. They said about an hour from the airport to PC. We are staying at the Radisson in PC the night before. Anyone else?

I have been trying everyday to change our cabin from the dreaded solid metal verandah to one with plexiglass, but apparently the ship is COMPLETELY booked. I so wanted (DD3 too) to see the sparkling ocean from our cabin as we lay in bed eating chocolates...sigh.

Be seeing you all soon.

Well, the weather outside is FRIGHTFUL and Disney will be so DELIGHTFUL and since we are leaving soon, LET IT SNOW, LET IS SNOW, LET IT SNOW!! How is that for some awful rhymes early in the morning??

The time is go so fast and the preperation from this end, so slow. We are leaving on the morning of the 22nd and NOTHING is packed and no list is made yet. If anyone has any great ideas for things to pack, please feel free to share. I am going to bring our Walkie-Talkies (mostly for when we are in port and I am shopping and Mark has no idea what store I am in...) and our binoculars.

For the question of dress, MArk will be wearing a Tux-like suit for the formal dinner and New Years. I don't have an overly formal dress, more semi as well!

Have a great weekend everyone and looking forward to meeting you in 11 days.

Michele

Masonpips, you know, I don't know what time Dave arranged to have us picked up. It usually is 10:00 if we are at the Hyatt. I will ask him because we will be coming from the Poly. resort.

We did end up taking Steph out of school for 3 days just incase we have airline travel problems getting back. If she isn't too tired and we make it back on time she will go back on the 5th if not well, she will have her homework.

I haven't really started packing yet. Next Mon. I will start pulling clothing and hiding it in the spare bedroom. No snow here but temp is dropping and the forcast tonight is for rain, possible freezing rain, which means ice. I'd rather have the snow.

Only 9 days until Florida! 11 until the ship!! Kathy

Cyclemom ---- We are staying at the Radisson the night before the cruise. We are also using Florida Tours for transport. We used them last year and had no problem.

Hi all -

Very hectic week at school and at work. I am ready to sail away. :boat:

I think my DH will also wear a tux. We have done that in the past because it is judt easier to have it all there and waiting for you on the ship than to deal with bringing more stuff. I normally go kind of semi formal for me but this year I found an amazing formal dress on clearance and since it was New Years eve I could not resist.

I pulled out summer clothes to start packing this weekend and found out the DS had no shorts. Let me tell you finding shorts in Minnesota in the dead of winter is turning into a challenge. I am on-line and hoping items arrive on time. Frankly he'd wear the same pair of shorts for seven days and not notice.

I am also really looking forward to meeting you all! Ruth

GeneralMax, A good idea is Landsend.com I have always had luck for my winter cruises finding summer clothes. We have the same problem here in IA. The summer clothes won't show up until early March. Even for our Spring Break trips I had to order through the internet. Just get the quickest shipping method possible. I you only have 2 pair of shorts, just use the laundry service.

Masonpips, Dave said the towncar will pick us up at 10:00 am at the resort. He had them pick us up any where from 10:00 and 10:30 from the Hyatt.

Big day tomorrow. My baby boy is coming home from college for Christmas. He is a junior at UGA, age 21. I will hear some complaints, AFTER his sister is in bed, about he not going with us. He loved the Disney cruises as did his step-brother. He will be home on Sunday. Oh boy, more "wine's" lol on Sunday. That one turns 21 on Sunday. Maybe when they both graduate from college we will take them on another DCL cruise.

Temp is cold outside and damp. I need Florida sunshine and heat. Even 40° would feel warm to me right now. Kathy :D

Just saw a we are on board post from someone on the Christmas cruise. That means we are next. :cloud9:

Kathy- Thanks for the internet idea. Landsend is a gold mine. I also had good luck for the kids on OldNavy.com. I was upstairs laying out clothes for my son to see where there are gaps and decided to take a DIS break.

My daughter cannot wait for those of you with 12 year olds to tell your girls. She is really looking for travel buddies!

Happy packing! Ruth :flower1:

I just posted on the main cruise board: Is National Treasure showing on the Magic? Have any of you read any posts lately telling what movies are playing? I assumed it was but maybe it isn't. Kathy

Yes I remember seeing on the board somewhere that National Treasure was showing. Also The Incredibles, Princess Diaries 2 and Ladder 49. When is there time to see a movie though? I think I will need a vacation after my vacation.

Packing is difficult. My three year old (who just had a growth spurt) refuses to try on summer stuff so I have to guess at what will fit. I must remember not to sweat the small stuff.

We love the Mouse - we will be getting into the Raddisson late, after 8.00pm. Do you know if there is a Ron Jon nearby and open at that time? Thanks.

Hi all! Our holiday party is over (38 people showed up at one time or another) so I can now focus on the cruise! 1 week from now I'll be up this early again but driving down to Tulsa to catch our flight!

I think we are going to do a limo on the way over (I feel so decadent doing this) so I need to get that booked early this week.

I know there are 100 little things I need to do (empty the photo card, get all the recharging stuff together, make sure I have an extension cord) but I feel good about the wardrobe thanks to 2 blouses I picked up this week - they can both be worn with black pants or capris so I'm set now. I do keep thinking I'll freeze - so hard to believe it's going to be warm and sunny when the low tonight was 19 I think.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

We took the kids to see National Treasure the weekend it came it. It is really fun. We will definately see it again.

We are also starting to pack. Getting my nine year old son to try on summer clothes has not been easy either. I thought we were good to go and then my 13 year old DD tried on her bathing suits. A little to tight for my liking so we are going to go shopping this afternoon. Thankfully Target has there suits for cruise season out. Off we go into the crazy last minute shopping crowd.

Our surprise gift to our daughter was almost spoiled! We were eating at Outback with my sister-in-law, niece and inlaws to celebrate my husband's son birthday. My sister-in-law is also leaving for Florida on the Dec. 26. With Steph sitting beside her she asked me, "so what time is your flight on Sunday?" Ouch. My answer was, "oh, we don't fly again until March when we go on our cruise." Then she realized what she did. THEN, my dear mother-in-law looked at my husband and asked, "so are you and Beth on the same flight on Sunday?" Dave just responded, "No Mom, we go in March." We have told all family members that Steph doesn't know. Even my mother almost blew it, "Steph knows doesn't she?" "No Mom, it is a surprise."

I don't know if I will survive this. When Dave gave me the Milli. cruise back in '03 he didn't have any close calls like this. Only 5 full days until Christmas morning then it won't matter.

Kathy

Well it is MINUS 34C with the wind chill here in Toronto! It will be great packing our summer clothes today, as we leave on Wednseday morning for Florida.

This may be the last time I get to read the posts -- Have safe travels everyone and have a wonderful Christmas. To those of you who are giving the GIFT of Disney for Christmas, I hope you cherish the look on your childrens faces, I can only imagine how they (and you) will feel.

Merry Christmas and see you in 8 days,

Michele (Mark and Nicole)

Bye Jestyx3 - see you in a little over a WEEK! Oh My!

Kathy, I'm with you - I'm ready for the actual event so I can stop worrying. We told very few people at first, but lately it seems more people know and I'm afraid someone will spoil it. I'm telling the teachers we're out for my parents 40th anniversary (which is the truth, but a small part of it) just so they don't blow the surprise either!

We're about to go under freezing and stay that way until Saturday with a good chance of snow tomorrow/Wed - perfect for Christmas and not enough to ruin our travel.

Keep warm folks!

Good morning all, it is a bitter cold 18° F this morning in IA. That is a heat wave compared to yesterday, it was 1° F in the AM. One week from today we will be at Magic Kingdom and I know it will be warmer! As for the present, today snow is forcasted with accumulation possibilities of 1/2". Oh joy. I really can't complain, it could be a lot worse.

I just wish I could start the packing process be pulling out clothes. I guess I will have to make a list of exactly what I want to pack and on Christmas check each item off as it gets packed. This trip I am really fearful I will forget something.

5 days left (counting today) before Christmas! Ho Ho Ho

Did anybody else see the cute Family Circle comic last week. Hubby told me, little boy said "I don't want a Minnie van I want a Mickie Van" Too cute.

Well, we had -6 F here in Western NY this morning. I can't wait to head south. I haven't been able to pack anything yet either. I sure am going to be busy Christmas afternoon when I can finally get everything out and ready to pack. We aren't flying down until the 27th so at least I'll have 1 day to get ready. Last night before bed my dd was talking about when we cruised last year and how much she liked the mickey bars, the bunk bed and the slide. Boy, is she going to be excited.
I can't wait to hit the lounge chair with a margarita and relax!!!

We Love the Mouse! said:
I can't wait to hit the lounge chair with a margarita and relax!!!

I am SOOO with you on that one! I promise to RELAX this cruise! Really!

Ok, so DD has strep (better this week than next that's my motto) and will be fine by tomorrow and on antibiotics through the beginning of the trip (not such a bad thing, it can help keep her from getting anything else). Our ped (who I adore) wrote a prescription for Mason that we can fill between now and when we leave or in Orlando on Monday - by then we'll know if he's going to get it or not.

I promise they'll be healthy on the cruise!

Masonpips--

I can relate again. Ds(1) had a double ear infection 2 weeks ago and then was diagnosed with pneumonia last week. He is finishing his Zithromax tomorrow and hopefully all will be well by next week.

What are you guys planning on wearing for boarding? This is so odd to me, usually we go in Oct and it's automatic shorts. It looks to be low 70's per weather.com so if it's breezy or a little less than that, it could be cool. It just feels wrong to board a cruise in jeans ~stamping foot~!

This weather situation in Florida has me perplexed. Will it be cooler than normal as it has been? Will we get back and it be warmer than normal? Is it a cool low 70's or a warm low 70's? How cool at night, the average of 50 (sweatshirts ok) or lower (coats needed)? ARGH!

I am working on my packing list and went to Walmart today at lunch (God help me, it was a ZOO) to buy some travel bottles and kid's motrin, cold medicine, to bring just-in-case. I plan to have most stuff packed by Thursday (bahaha)

Okay winter has hit Minnesota in and we are ready to leave. We had a major ice storm today. I had to pull over on the way to work to clear my windshield. DS went to visit a friend about an hour North of here and is stuck. The have 1/2 an inch of solid ice topped with three inches of snow. I am ready for sun and a margarita pool side. :cool1:

Hey LegalBrief - Long time since we have heard from you. Is the party on or off?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter