Dec Use Year Question

Correct! It is recommended that you always give yourself a day or two leeway with that 31 days...if the website goes down, and MS is closed, you would be out of luck!

I always set my reminder for 33 days!
hello
sorry, i have another use year question... i have been told by numerous brokers that the use year does not matter at all.
are they saying this just to make a sale? i am getting very confused

hello
sorry, i have another use year question... i have been told by numerous brokers that the use year does not matter at all.
are they saying this just to make a sale? i am getting very confused

Many brokers won’t play up the importance of UY and how choosing one that is better than another if one has a specific travel time can be advantageous.

Your UY does not matter when it comes to holding points though. No matter where you are in your banking window, holding points will happen if you cancel 31 days or less, which means expiring at the end of it.

But, for getting that little extra cushion for use when canceling more than 31 days, it can be really good to get one that puts your travel as close to the beginning of a UY as you can...gives you time to reschedule or bank the points!

Many brokers won’t play up the importance of UY and how choosing one that is better than another if one has a specific travel time can be advantageous.

Your UY does not matter when it comes to holding points though. No matter where you are in your banking window, holding points will happen if you cancel 31 days or less, which means expiring at the end of it.

But, for getting that little extra cushion for use when canceling more than 31 days, it can be really good to get one that puts your travel as close to the beginning of a UY as you can...gives you time to reschedule or bank the points!
thank you so much! the brokers never talk about cancellations. so if i have a travel date of march 1, i want a february UY? also, why are there certain UY's that are so hard to find?

thank you so much! the brokers never talk about cancellations. so if i have a travel date of march 1, i want a february UY? also, why are there certain UY's that are so hard to find?

Feb UY works great for March travel. No one really know why DVD decides to allocate points to UYs…but it’s not equal amongst all of them and even different resorts can be done differently.

Feb UY works great for March travel. No one really know why DVD decides to allocate points to UYs…but it’s not equal amongst all of them and even different resorts can be done differently.
thank you! yes, i am seeing that. i guess it would make things challenging to add a contract to match a limited UY. it seems that december has a huge inventory...is that a desirable UY?

thank you! yes, i am seeing that. i guess it would make things challenging to add a contract to match a limited UY. it seems that december has a huge inventory...is that a desirable UY?

That works well for those who travel winter, spring and summer, but not Sept to Nov. We have that one, but we also have Aug and June…we use each one for different trips and so It makes it much easier.

That works well for those who travel winter, spring and summer, but not Sept to Nov. We have that one, but we also have Aug and June…we use each one for different trips and so It makes it much easier.
,so you have all vacations covered 🙂 does it become challenging to manage multiple UY's?

,so you have all vacations covered 🙂 does it become challenging to manage multiple UY's?

No because I book either different trips on each one..or, book split stays..or some nights on one and some on the other and ask them to note we are the same group so we don’t have to change rooms.

It does mean I might borrow on one when I have points on the other but I prefer that over transferring. It works!

that's great. you really have it down! that's good to know for when it comes time for me to add points or buy another resort. :daisy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter