DECEMBER 2010....Who's comin??

Today NASA announced the shuttle Discovery will not blast off until 12/17 at the earliest. Will review & announce again on 12/2 an update.

From their website:

Discovery's Launch No Earlier Than Dec. 17

Wed, 24 Nov 2010 03:07:40 PM CST

NASA managers have targeted space shuttle Discovery's launch for no earlier than Dec. 17. Shuttle managers determined more tests and analysis are needed before proceeding with the STS-133 mission. The launch status meeting planned for Monday, Nov. 29, has been postponed and will be rescheduled.

The Program Requirements Control Board reviewed on Wednesday repairs and engineering evaluations associated with cracks on two 21-foot-long, U-shaped aluminum brackets, called stringers, on the shuttle's external tank. Managers decided the analysis and tests required to launch Discovery safely are not complete. The work will continue through next week.

The next status review by the PRCB will be Thursday, Dec. 2. If managers clear Discovery for launch on Dec. 17, the preferred time is about 8:51 p.m. EST.

I saw a launch in March 2009 & it was the most beautiful man made event I've ever witnessed! I wish all Americans could see one. If this one launches on 12/17, we will get to see it. We go home the next day. (My hubby has not seen it & he's the one in our family that would most appreciate it. Hope he gets to see it.)

that would be awesome

Just over a week & a half for me! I can't wait. It's been a long 22 months since my last trip!

10 days to go! This afternoon when the system comes back up I can do my online checkin...

We were just at WDW the week prior to Thanksgiving. We took our children to many of the Disney resorts and had them "rate" their Christmas decorations. It helped us determine where we would like to stay in the future. The Grand Floridian and Wildnerness Lodge led the competition, as you had no doubt it was Christmas time at the resorts.

We will be at Pop Century in 13 DAYS!!!!!!!!! we will be at pop dec 15th-21st for the first time as a family of 5 because we are taking my brothers fiance with us. So EXCITED!!!!

10 days for us!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:We will be at Pop Dec. 12-19. Have so much to do between now and next week!!

We'll be there in just 15 days!!! Very excited to be taking our two nieces who have never been before. Praying for good weather both there and here.

10 days!!! First family vacation in 5 years, first christmas home for me with my family in 4 years!!!!! I'm super excited, can you tell!!! Hahahaha

We arrived December 1, 2010 flying in from Newark, NJ...we almost didn't make our flight out as the NY/NJ airports were experiencing hugh delays due to wind and rain. Our CO flight was supposed to leave at 11:05AM, we left at 12:15PM and were lucky to be only and hour late.
It was COLD at night the first two nights. MVMCP on 12/2 was cold but fun. We were layered with hats and gloves. It is supposed to warm up on Saturday to 72, it is 51 now at the Port Orleans FQ. We have not yet experienced any Pop Warner crowds, but they are coming. We are all the way back in Bldg 1, close to parking and very convenient for us. We picked up a rental car after we were dropped off from DME. Bring layers, and don't expect to go in the water after dark, too cold and windy.

We went, we played from Dec 1st to the 6th. We left before the temp really dropped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter