Drop-Off Date/Time: Friday, December 14, 5:00 PM

Vehicle Type: Economy

Features: Automatic, Air Conditioning, Unlimited Mileage

1 Week @ $112.50/week
5 Days @ $15.41/day = $189.55
Estimated Taxes and Fees: $66.07
TOTAL ESTIMATED CHARGES: $255.62

I booked it. :thumbsup2

If something cheaper comes up, great, if not, that's not too shabby IMO.

Subbing as well. We initially planned our trip for March but Jetblue just started service from PVD and with it offered crazy cheap airfare ($75/each way) sooooo back to the drawing board on dining ressies and finding a car rental :)

We'll be looking for anything from 12/1 to 12/9, not picky on size since it's just 3 of us.

On previous trips I remember changing our car reservations multiple times a day sometimes... oh the joys of bargain hunting! :cool1:

We are renting with Alamo 12/6-10th. We usually rent a full size vehicle but somehow as of now a convertible is so much cheaper. I am using the Alamo Insiders rate.

Does anyone have any prior experience with FOX rental car?

The reviews I've read online are atrocious!

I have rented a car from National with the KLM Flying Blue code 8572130 for a midsize 12/9 thru 12/16 for 221.16. - I signed up with the Flying Blue frequent flyer program on the KLM site - it is free. There has been a number of people on this board that has use the code and haven't had any problems.

The only downside that I have heard of is that you can't make changes or cancel the reservation on the website - you actually have to call the National to change it or cancel the reservation.

If you are an Emerald Club member(you can sign up off the link on Mousesavers - its free also) you can walk straight out and pick up your car off the Emerald aisle.

I just booked a minivan for 12/7-12/15 for $404.20 using the KLM and Emerald club. I signed up for the KLM frequent flyer on the KLM site as above.

The price is $12 less than the Budget price with the x474200and coupon MUWZ003.

-I have had only good experiences with National in Orlando

- I won't have to go to the counter.

-I can also add the weekly discount code when is is available for December tright now expires 9/15/12)

:cool1: :banana:

National at the Car Care Center, 11/30 to 12/7, 7 nights midsize using 5007160 and ND3Z33ZDE $30 BJ'S code, $215.75 total. It should go lower as we get closer to December.
Michele

Just repriced a Compact car through Budget using BCD x474200 and E-Coupon MUGZ029. Ends up being $317 with taxes and fees ($234 before)...should I book or will this rate come down??

JLa01844 said:
Just repriced a Compact car through Budget using BCD x474200 and E-Coupon MUGZ029. Ends up being $317 with taxes and fees ($234 before)...should I book or will this rate come down??

What are your dates? It's hard to say if that's a good price without the dates / length of rental. That said, if you're OK with the price, I'd book it for now, and the keep watching to see if prices go down. That's the thing with car rentals - they don't take a prepayment, so it's easy to rebook if you find a cheaper rate.

I think prices are high.... Also have you checked hotwire? They have a trip watcher option that tells you when prices dropped (Semi kicking myself for when a compact was 12.95 a day a few weeks ago) However you do you have to pay up front....

:surfweb: jumping in, this will be out 4th trip to WDW in Dec. (1 or 2nd week) and I don't usually book a car until 4 to 6 weeks prior when the rates start to drop.

Subbing - we need rental to drive down from Buffalo Dec. 30-Jan.9, might fly down and drive home or vice versa depending on rates - have a good car to drive but DH wants an SUV in case we come across some winter weather

I just found a rate with ez rent a car in terminal dec. 7-16- total cost w/ fees is 228.60- anyone know if they are ok to rent from? not sure If I want the car the entire time though..... by the time we pay for a couple of shuttle rides for 4 people,this is cheaper.....e-z- rent opinions?

I just found a rate with ez rent a car in terminal dec. 7-16- total cost w/ fees is 228.60- anyone know if they are ok to rent from? not sure If I want the car the entire time though..... by the time we pay for a couple of shuttle rides for 4 people,this is cheaper.....e-z- rent opinions?
Why would you pay for a shuttle ride? IIRC, EZ Rent-A-Car is in the terminal. In any case, the shuttle to car rental places is free. I would search here for reports. Here is a recent thread on them: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2911242 .

subscribing...have a few ok rates held from budget and alamo waiting for better :)

robinb said:
Why would you pay for a shuttle ride? IIRC, EZ Rent-A-Car is in the terminal. In any case, the shuttle to car rental places is free. I would search here for reports. Here is a recent thread on them: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2911242 .

I think she's referring to the airport shuttle to her hotel (ie: Mears) as opposed to renting a car.
We were at the Dolphin a few weeks ago and went with Ed Korgan. $110 round trip for a big suv with a grocery stop. Would use him again in a heartbeat.

I think she's referring to the airport shuttle to her hotel (ie: Mears) as opposed to renting a car.

yes..sorry for the confusion...:thumbsup2 my kids actually prefer disney transport (I know,crazy) to a car.... but b/c we are going to Universal first,then heading to Disney, we can't do ME on the way in,need a car for a couple of days,or pay for shuttle from MCO-UNI then UNI-WDW.....
thats about the cost of a 10 day rental...... I'd like to rent for just a couple of days,drop at Dolphin,and be done with the car.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter