December 2021 trip planning

Not sure about the temp we usually go November and its not that bad. Maybe buy a Xmas jumper while im there. Im starting to buzz a little counting down the days. Just under 4 weeks :)

Just 1 ADR to sort :) and them im sorted.

Its my wife's birthday on the 20th December and hoping to get a cake from Amorettes. Anyone had the signature cake from there?
We were there over Christmas two years ago. Mornings were chilly (T shirts and shirts), days gorgeous and some nights needed jumpers, hats and gloves. I think the humidity makes it a bone chilling cold. Christmas Eve day was really cold and the shops in Main Street were packed with people buying sweatshirts. My daughter had chosen to wear shorts that day and had to buy some leggings to wear under her shorts.
I haven’t bought a birthday cake from Amorettes but they usually do Christmas champagne cocktails. My son’s birthday is 19 December. I have booked Bull and Bear for the evening of the 18th and then we are planning a bar/lounge crawl on 19th.

Thanks I will pack some jeans and hoodies just in case :)
usually just shorts and T's in November.

My wife will probably take a thick coat as she's cold in November :)

So im about to book my test am I right in thinking I fly on Saturday 11th Dec so I can book my test on Thursday 9th December? or can I do it on Wednesday 8th December?

So im about to book my test am I right in thinking I fly on Saturday 11th Dec so I can book my test on Thursday 9th December? or can I do it on Wednesday 8th December?
Sat 11th is day 0, Fri 10th day 1, Thurs 9th day 2 and Wednesday day 3… so you are good to go. 😉
It’s funny how the fear or getting it wrong turns out brains to gloop. 😂

@chefski I am in Dis gaol for 20 mins, but yes that is the test that I booked.

Last edited:
Is anyone else worried about the rise in cases in Europe and potential consequences when it comes to traveling? This didn’t stop me from sending in a room request via touring plans though :)

Is anyone else worried about the rise in cases in Europe and potential consequences when it comes to traveling? This didn’t stop me from sending in a room request via touring plans though :)

I travel the last week of January and I'm not worried. I have planned this trip so that I am limiting my time on public transport, not doing any indoor tourist attractions, outdoor dining as much as possible, including at Disneyland. I will be wearing masks and sometimes double masks, depending on the situation. I am stocking up on packets of anti bac wipe and hand sanitizer.

You just have to be more aware of your surroundings, and alter your behaviour. Walk a bit slower and keep a distance so that you don't bunch up to the people in front of you. Request an outdoor table at restaurants, do take out or order delivery to your hotel room. Wear masks even if not required. Limit indoor crowded locations.

I travel the last week of January and I'm not worried. I have planned this trip so that I am limiting my time on public transport, not doing any indoor tourist attractions, outdoor dining as much as possible, including at Disneyland. I will be wearing masks and sometimes double masks, depending on the situation. I am stocking up on packets of anti bac wipe and hand sanitizer.

You just have to be more aware of your surroundings, and alter your behaviour. Walk a bit slower and keep a distance so that you don't bunch up to the people in front of you. Request an outdoor table at restaurants, do take out or order delivery to your hotel room. Wear masks even if not required. Limit indoor crowded locations.
I was actually referring to a potential lockdown or travel limitations due to the rise in cases but I love hearing your approach on when you are actually in the US :)

I am really torn when it comes to dining. I agree that outdoor or ‚in-room‘ dining is the way to go. That was before I got a reservation for Space 220 and the candlelight processional package ;) Regarding masks, I plan on wearing FFP2 masks also outdoors when it gets crowded.

I was actually referring to a potential lockdown or travel limitations due to the rise in cases but I love hearing your approach on when you are actually in the US :)

I am really torn when it comes to dining. I agree that outdoor or ‚in-room‘ dining is the way to go. That was before I got a reservation for Space 220 and the candlelight processional package ;) Regarding masks, I plan on wearing FFP2 masks also outdoors when it gets crowded.
I am quite happy dining indoors, but will at any stage, when I feel the need use a mask whether others may not.

Dont think there is a right and wrong with masks if its required wear one, if its not required but you feel happier wearing one then wear it. any sign of crowds mine will be on.

I'm with you on the indoor dining. My go to restaurant is Blue Bayou at Disneyland and Ive only been to Ogas in Galaxy's Edge twice, both times on my last visit in June 2019. Both places, especially Oga's will be uncomfortable for me but I'm just going to go with the flow when I'm in there.

Oh right, well regarding the lockdowns, I'm in Ireland and I really can't see the Irish Government stopping international travel again or even the local travel bans, restricting peoples movement to within their county. Anything else will not affect me, I work from home, only get Tesco home delivery and rarely leave my house. I don't socialize or go to restaurants, cinema, the pub, etc and I have very little human contact outside people in my household. My day to day life hasnt really changed since we had the 5km from home travel ban and lockdown.

I am quite happy dining indoors, but will at any stage, when I feel the need use a mask whether others may not.

Dont think there is a right and wrong with masks if its required wear one, if its not required but you feel happier wearing one then wear it. any sign of crowds mine will be on.
I fully agree with you. I hope I didn’t indicate that there is a right or wrong as this was not my intention :)

I'm with you on the indoor dining. My go to restaurant is Blue Bayou at Disneyland and Ive only been to Ogas in Galaxy's Edge twice, both times on my last visit in June 2019. Both places, especially Oga's will be uncomfortable for me but I'm just going to go with the flow when I'm in there.
I like your approach to go with the flow when you are there :)

I fully agree with you. I hope I didn’t indicate that there is a right or wrong as this was not my intention :)

I like your approach to go with the flow when you are there :)
No you didn't indicate that at all :) both yours and @BadTinkPink thoughts seem to be what I would be happy with.

On a side note ive just called virgin to clarify a couple of things and had an argument with the advisor regarding testing, she was telling me it had to be a PCR test going out, I said not that I know and she pointed me to the Virgin Atlantic website where it states LFT. She then said oh ive paid to much, as she is due to fly next week :)

Moral of the story read these forums also :)

Trying not to think about lockdowns and other disasters!! I am in category just announced as eligible for booster in Ireland today and am supposed to be on flight 5 weeks today so my mission is to try and get said booster before going. Not really anticipating a speedy rollout though so will need some luck!!

Loving this thread and trying to suppress the excitement until COVID tests come back (hopefully) all clear 3 days prior! We've got Be Our Guest reservations on Christmas Day, Space 220 reserved later in the stay and a character break at Topolinos. But having missed out on candlelight dinner packages need to know if we HAVE to have them in order to get a seat or if getting there an hour before for a seat will cut it?

How is everyone’s planning going? Which weather forecaster do you use? I bought portable chargers yesterday as I think with G+ we may need them. I am trying to decide, objectively, in advance, what we would do if one/two of us tests positive just before we fly. I think that I would feel too guilty leaving other people at home.

I look at Acu weather and metcheck for the forecasts. If one of us tests positive, then none of us will be going. I've got a back up Christmas dinner in the freezer just in case!
Not sure about phone power. We aren't planning on buying G+ much - maybe just Christmas eve and Christmas day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter