**December 2022**

C&Jx2

It’s me! Soldier’s*Sweeties!
Hi all! :wave2:
I didn’t see a countdown thread for December 2022, so I figured I’d start one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the third WDW trip I’ve planned since COVID began. At this point it feels like it will never happen, but third time is a charm right???

This will be a bucket list trip for me. Even though I grew up in Tampa and went often, I’ve never seen the parks or resorts during the holidays, and I have this weird goal to stay at every US WDW resort, so I’ll hopefully cross another off the list!

I’m attempting to rent rents for a studio at the Polynesian 12/4-12/10. It’s available, I’m just waiting to be matched with an owner (fingers crossed).

It’s going to happen! I’m sending those vibes out into the universe now.

We have a cruise booked Dec 2nd - 5th and plan on spending a few days at WDW around that. I have the same goal of staying at every resort! Also I’ve been to WDW several times, but never during the holiday season, so I’m super excited as I love Christmas and Disney parks!! Looking forward to counting down to December with you!! 😊🎄

I'm in!
Cancelled our 2021 Christmas WDW trip; instead, we went to Hawaii. Did have a great time there, but we miss WDW so much!
I have promised my children that we will go to Disney, this year, for sure!
We are going from Dec 17-Jan 1 at BWV.

We'll be there at least the 4th-11th at VGF. Might try to get something on the 3rd but with the limit on borrowing points...eh.

Cruising on the Wish Dec 2-5 then coming to the World for the rest of the week. I love Christmas time in Disney. We will be staying at Pop my kids love the riding the Gondolas, they can believe its free. Nothing in Disney is free 😂

I’m booked for a solo trip Dec 4-10, 2022 and will be staying at POP. So excited. I’ve only been once in Dec and that was in 2019 for literally 1.5 days for MVMCP and extremely cheap Frontier flights, lol. This year I’m trying different months instead of our usual September, so going in March and December. 😊😊

We’re finally heading back after (what will be come trip time) 4 years! I had to cancel 2 ladies trips with friends (May 2020 which we rescheduled to October 2020 before canceling) and we ditched potential December 2020 and 2021 family trips. Finally decided that we.are.going. this December and splurging on a deluxe to boot! December 3-10 with a night at Pop followed by 6 nights at Yacht! Early December is our favorite time at Disney (this will be our 4th early December trip) and I’m so excited to be going back! And my girls and I already have 2 different matching sets of Christmas ears (thank you, Burlington and TJ Maxx!) plus a million others, so we’re ready!

Hi all! :wave2:
I didn’t see a countdown thread for December 2022, so I figured I’d start one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the third WDW trip I’ve planned since COVID began. At this point it feels like it will never happen, but third time is a charm right???

This will be a bucket list trip for me. Even though I grew up in Tampa and went often, I’ve never seen the parks or resorts during the holidays, and I have this weird goal to stay at every US WDW resort, so I’ll hopefully cross another off the list!

I’m attempting to rent rents for a studio at the Polynesian 12/4-12/10. It’s available, I’m just waiting to be matched with an owner (fingers crossed).

It’s going to happen! I’m sending those vibes out into the universe now.
we are going 12/4 -12/10. This will be the fifth year in a row going the beginning of December and its a great time to go, Christmas decor is in full swing and escaping the NY winter for a week lol. We have always stayed at boardwalk but tried poly for the first time this passed dec, it was amazing. We had a lake view room looking right at the castle and got to see the Christmas party fireworks 3 times that week from our balcony. I do like staying at boardwalk for the easy walk to epcot but we decided to rent points for poly again instead, the count down begins. Hope an owner gets matched up with you and if you can get the lake view, well worth the extra money in my opinion.

My spouse and I are booked at Pop for Dec 17-31st. We have been every Christmas time except 2015 and 2020. In 2021, we were very careful about masking and even double masking just for piece of mind. We had cleaning supplies delivered (Lysol Spray, and wipes) with our Garden Grocery order, and kept the tv remote in a zip lock, We had lowered expectations but were very pleased with the trip. The Skyliner is great from Pop to HS and Epcot. We took plastic wear (knife, fork, spoon) to use at restaurants if we chose. Added a little holiday spirit with red/green/silver plasticware we found at Wal-Mart! Used once and disposed of, had Lysol wipes to use whenever and even wiped down tables ourselves especially at Yak and Yeti when we saw a table turned without any extra cleaning. With DAS, Genie+, and ILL we were able to ride/see most of our regulars 2-To 3 times with 2 days in each park. Tested negative for COVID two days before our trip and again two days after. We pack suitcases only half full so we can manage them ourselves since DME is no more.

We hope not to have to be so careful by Dec 2022 but it is only a minor inconvenience. Since we are in our senior years, we figure we need to go whenever we can.
Disney at Christmas time is beautiful and full of extra-special events. We won't do Very Merry after hours since it isn't worth the extra cost even with smaller crowds.
We watch fireworks from MK at Narcoossees and from Epcot at Topolino's. Glad to hear Flying Fish is reopening-- it is one of our most favorite ADRs. Hopefully, everything that is going to reopen will be so by Dec 17, 2022. We do nothing on arrival day except dinner at Boathouse after check-in and rest up for 4 days (1 at each park) then a rest day on day 6 with a DS visit and do laundry as needed. Then it's 4 more days of parks-- the 24th is always at Epcot for Candlelight Processional ( we usually do lunch ADR at Biergarten or Garden Grille) and the 25th we avoid the crowds at MK and Epcot; we spend the day at AK. On the 26th and 27th, we revisit if we have missed a must-do or want to reride/resee something. Then we take a rest day--no parks-- just do the viewing of Christmas decorations at the resorts. On our final day, we eat breakfast at the resort (I love the bagel/bacon/cheese sandwiches). We go out to MCO 4 hours in advance since we like to see the decorations there and have plenty of time for check-in. We are thankful we can fly 1st class which allows us to check 3 bags each and with carry-on so we have plenty of room to pack all our souvenirs which are usually shirts, sweaters, pins, towels. We have found a new must-go restaurant--Trattoria del Forno on the Boardwalk. Well-prepared food and great service. If you enjoy acrobatics extraordinaire, we think you really like Drawn to Life at Cirque du Soliel in DS.

I am an over-planner but try to build in flexibility! So glad to interact with others planning for Dec 2022. It is only 328 days to our annual trip!

Does anybody know what's going on at the Swan and Dolphin the first weekend in December? It's completely booked. I reserved the weekend at POP, will probably change as discounts are announced.

We're booked on our first cruise ever on the Disney Wish December 16-19 and then booked with our DVC points December 19-26 in a Boardwalk Studio for our first Christmas trip with our two kids, age 4 and 8 and we could not be more excited!!!

Does anybody know what's going on at the Swan and Dolphin the first weekend in December? It's completely booked. I reserved the weekend at POP, will probably change as discounts are announced.

I noticed that as well! Not sure.:confused3

I noticed that as well! Not sure.:confused3
Finding DVC studios is difficult as well. I know it's the start of POP Warner, however that moved to Universal so I would think Swan and Dolphin would have more availability.

Alright so originally I was booked at POP for Dec 11-17 however I have since moved it. I am now staying Dec 3-10 and am doing a split stay between 3 different Deluxe resorts. I have rented points for the Poly on Dec 3, BLT Lake view Dec 4 and OKW Dec 5-10, all are Studios since I am travelling solo. When I first changed it was cheaper then the week of Dec 11-17 but then I decided to add a night at the Poly as this is my bucket list resort and have always wanted to stay there and it is only $400 and then I was going to do POP from the 4-10 with 6 day base ticket. I then decided to do BLT Lake View on the 4th for $360 with ASMo and 5 day base ticket. I know someone who works with DVC rentals and she thought the amount was high for a value so looked and if I change the 5-10 to OKW and with 7 day base tickets it is like $40 cheaper but if I change that to 5 day tickets it's like $90 cheaper so why wouldn't I do that. 3 Deluxe resorts for just a little cheaper then a value, that's just crazy. I am so excited. The only Deluxe we've ever stayed in was AKL Savannah View and that was due to a pixie dusted upgrade. I can't contain myself and just wish my DH could come with me.

Going for my first December trip this year. My son’s birthday is December 7th so we are going the 6th-11th. We did October 2021 so got my first taste of Halloween so now I’m excited for Christmas! We are staying at the Riviera. First time trying this resort.

Yay!!! Glad to have found the thread!

Just rescheduled our May trip in favor of a December one. I'm bummed but I've dreamed of staying on site at Christmas for years and I've never done it so that helps!

December 5th - 14th at All Star Movies -- myself and my 2 girls. :love:

Last edited:
Thanks to point rentals, my wife and I will be giving my BFF and her wife their ultimate 60th birthday trip this December. Spending 12/8-12/10 at AKL Kidani Villas with a savanna view room, and then 12/10-12/15 at the Beach Club Villas so that we can walk to Epcot any time we want. It's the perfect birthday present especially as we get to come along and enjoy it too!

Fingers crossed and some pixie dust and HOPEFULLY a trip Dec. 6 to Dec. 12 with the whole motley crew! Daughter coming from Norway, and the rest are scattered across Canada and the U.S. :tink:

Dec 11 -16, at the Poly. Found a DVC deal I couldn't pass up. $344.00 a night. I'll be able to check Poly of my bucket list. In May, I'll be checking Wilderness Lodge that list.

I read on another thread that there is a company event and 2500 employees plus family will be disney/universal fir an all inclusive trip dec 2-4 That's like 10,000 people that wouldn't have been there. Pop century is also all booked up from Dec 3-10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter