Deciding between Copper Creek or Saratoga

Jealous of your family near DL. My husband was actually born in Torrence but doesn’t have any family there. 😂 He hasn’t been back since he was 3; we would love to take his mom and brother for a trip to SoCal to see it all and visit Disneyland. I loved Toontown when I went to WDW in 1997 so I really want to take our daughter there in addition to everything at DCA.
Late response but you really should go. So much has changed since then. Some good and some bad but still magical regardless. It helps that one of my parents is a CM at DL so I haven't had to buy a pass or ticket to DL since 2014 which also has been really nice 🤣. I'm crackin' the whip to keep them working for the full 15 years for Disney so that way I can have access to the lifetime cast member pass 😂😂

Personally I don't put SSR and OKW in the same category as most of the other resorts. You might pay less but they are worth less.

When you stay at VGF standard vs lake view you are saving way more than the small downgrade the view is.
Paying less for something that is worth less is the definition of fair….

Meh, I’m not so attached to the monorail resorts. But that’s why there’s variety for everyone. For me, saving $ is well worth it buying resale and missing out on perks. Others will disagree.

Paying less for something that is worth less is the definition of fair….

Meh, I’m not so attached to the monorail resorts. But that’s why there’s variety for everyone. For me, saving $ is well worth it buying resale and missing out on perks. Others will disagree.

When did I say it wasn't fair? I am simply saying its less for a reason.

So when you "just stay at SSR" you are getting less is my point. So instead of paying 5-10% more on the original contract to stay at BLT for the next 30 years you are saving 5%-10% upfront but then staying at SSR Standard rooms for the next 30 years.

SSR has been at least in the past inflated above its actual value in the resale market because people buy it for SAP which artificially inflates as people are using it to roll the dice at 7 months to stay at other resorts.

Yes all this is fairly simplistic outline of what will occur but just trying to outline its something each person needs to think about themselves and how they personally value things. For me though location is important as I don't want to be riding the bus multiple times a day on a trip.

When did I say it wasn't fair? I am simply saying its less for a reason.

So when you "just stay at SSR" you are getting less is my point. So instead of paying 5-10% more on the original contract to stay at BLT for the next 30 years you are saving 5%-10% upfront but then staying at SSR Standard rooms for the next 30 years.

SSR has been at least in the past inflated above its actual value in the resale market because people buy it for SAP which artificially inflates as people are using it to roll the dice at 7 months to stay at other resorts.

Yes all this is fairly simplistic outline of what will occur but just trying to outline its something each person needs to think about themselves and how they personally value things. For me though location is important as I don't want to be riding the bus multiple times a day on a trip.

Personally I don't put SSR and OKW in the same category as most of the other resorts. You might pay less but they are worth less.

When you stay at VGF standard vs lake view you are saving way more than the small downgrade the view is.

True, but then the way you are saving is only when you stay in those rooms all the time.

Same with BLT..yes, owning there gets you access to SV rooms, but if you end up not getting them and end up elsewhere, like SSR, you paid more and didn’t get the benefit.

For someone who really does not care where they stay and it’s all about cost out of pocket, then it comes down to just price and MFs.

True, but then the way you are saving is only when you stay in those rooms all the time.

Same with BLT..yes, owning there gets you access to SV rooms, but if you end up not getting them and end up elsewhere, like SSR, you paid more and didn’t get the benefit.

For someone who really does not care where they stay and it’s all about cost out of pocket, then it comes down to just price and MFs.

Agree! We aren't annual Disney goers, and I have already came up options how we are going to use the points (which categories to book, which resort). One of the options I have, it requires me to bank and borrow all my points so 3 yrs of points into just one vacation. I did a spreadsheet and very basic analysis, I actually save more money just that one trip vs. going annually for 3 yrs. Of course, I am very aware this is not the norm, and not that many people would even consider doing this. But to each their own, as long as you use all your points every year and your family is happy, that to me will always be worth it.
I am also a firm believer of "Buy where you want to stay and love most".

Agree! We aren't annual Disney goers, and I have already came up options how we are going to use the points (which categories to book, which resort). One of the options I have, it requires me to bank and borrow all my points so 3 yrs of points into just one vacation. I did a spreadsheet and very basic analysis, I actually save more money just that one trip vs. going annually for 3 yrs. Of course, I am very aware this is not the norm, and not that many people would even consider doing this. But to each their own, as long as you use all your points every year and your family is happy, that to me will always be worth it.
I am also a firm believer of "Buy where you want to stay and love most".

Just remember to have a back up plan if they amend the rules for banking and borrowing.

Keeping it at 100% does not have to happen..like when they changed due to the pandemic. Granted, it should only happen when they feel it’s needed, but many owners didn’t even know they could change it!

Just remember to have a back up plan if they amend the rules for banking and borrowing.

Keeping it at 100% does not have to happen..like when they changed due to the pandemic. Granted, it should only happen when they feel it’s needed, but many owners didn’t even know they could change it!

Absolutely! That's why we went with a slightly bigger contract vs. smaller (I originally thought 100 pts would be sufficient). but just in case Disney changes any rules at any given time, I want a safety net if you will. Also, those options I mentioned above, of course it wouldn't work out so perfectly if the point charts change, and I know they will some time in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter