• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Deck 7 vs. Deck 2

BSDolk

Earning My Ears
We are looking at booking the Nov. 6, 2004 Western and will likely go with a Cat. 10. I have already checked and there are no SPRs (Deck 5) available for that sailing. My question is - is it better to get one of the Cat. 10s on Deck 7, or is Deck 2 just as good?

On our very first Disney Cruise, in May of 2000, we stayed in a Category 10 on Deck 2. On our three other cruises we've booked a Category 11 on Deck 7. We have decided that Deck 7 is in a much more convenient location. It is more central to most of the ship. Deck 2 is more of a haul to the upper decks.

We have been on deck 7 for our two previous cruises. We really like the location. It's very easy to walk up the stairs to the pool deck (where the quick food is). You can bop down a few flights to the theater deck, etc. We almost always take the stairs on the cruise, and with deck 7, the longest trip is 5 flights, from the nightclubs on 3, usually broken up with a stop on deck 5 to pick up the kids at the childrens programs.

Our next cruise is booked on deck 2, but we're waitlisted for 7. I think 2 will be okay, but we'll probably run back to the room less often from the pool. The deck 2 location will be more convenient to the formal restaurants. Our room is under the atrium, so it's not listed as a noisy room. Several deck 2 rooms have the potential for noise from the clubs and the docking equipment. Dave from Marietta has them listed on his sites.

Other than that, I'd say choose the deck that most meets your needs. If you are the kind of person that bops back and forth between your rooms, the pool, the snack bar, etc. deck 7 would probably be best. If you are more interested in the theaters, the nightclubs, and sit down restaurants, deck 2 would be fine.

Good luck!

We have been on deck 2 for 3 cruises and LOVE it!!!!
IT is so convenient at dinner time to walk up one floor to the atrium and not wait in line for elevators. We also love the convenience to the night clubs....just one floor....:) :)

And as long as we used the aft or forward elevators to go to the pools, spa, etc, we never had a problem. The mid elevator always seems to be busy.

We stayed on 7 once and loved deck 2 more. JMHO.

On my last And only cruise, we were on Deck 7 and I found it acceptable. I did take the elevators alot because I tend to clumsy and walking up and down steps in heels could be dangerous to those people waling around me!!

But anyway, we are booked on Deck 2 for 8/21/04, so I can let you know when I get back.

Thanks for all your replies. They were very helpful. Sounds like either Deck 7 or Deck 2 would be fine, but there was one cabin left on Deck 7 (7501), so I went ahead and booked that. Looks like that room is at the very foward end. Hope that is a good (and quiet) location!

BSDolk, I think you'll like it. It's at the end of a dead end hall under the bridge. We were in 7005, and there was a door at the end of our hall that led to the bridge stairs. We often saw officers coming in and out and they were always very nice.

When you go up to deck 9, you're on the adult end, so you'll be moving all the way down the boat to get to the food, but I appreciated the walk (have to burn off those caloried somehow!).

Congrats and good luck!

We were in room 7501 two years ago. It is a nice and quiet location at the end of the hall. You will love it. There is a door right beside the room that the officer took. We even saw the captain.

However, if you have rough seas maybe you will rock more. We had them and it seem that the room was rolling over (like in a simulator).

On our next cruise were are on deck 2. It is because the SPR and the deck 7 wasn't available (one year in advance...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter