Definitive start times for Monorails/Resort Launches?

Tara8595

DIS Veteran
Is this posted anywhere? I am looking for any first-hand definitive experience with when these begin (not something quoted off the Disney World website):

1. Resort Monorail
2. Express Monorail
3. Epcot Monorail
4. TTC Ferry boats
5. MK Resort Launches

Thanks in advance! There is a lot of speculation but I haven't found anything that really answers this question. I would like to use the earliest transportation available for ETPE (Early Theme Park Entry) but even on that dedicated thread there is scant info for these transportation options. Thank you!

Is this posted anywhere? I am looking for any first-hand definitive experience with when these begin (not something quoted off the Disney World website):

1. Resort Monorail
2. Express Monorail
3. Epcot Monorail
4. TTC Ferry boats
5. MK Resort Launches

Thanks in advance! There is a lot of speculation but I haven't found anything that really answers this question. I would like to use the earliest transportation available for ETPE (Early Theme Park Entry) but even on that dedicated thread there is scant info for these transportation options. Thank you!
There is no definitive start time for any of these, and they fluctuate based on the season, crowd levels, staffing levels, and ten thousand other variables.

Where are you staying? In general, the answer to "which mode of transportation is the fastest/earliest" will stay the same even if there's no precise time that someone can quote back to you.

There is no definitive start time for any of these, and they fluctuate based on the season, crowd levels, staffing levels, and ten thousand other variables.

Where are you staying? In general, the answer to "which mode of transportation is the fastest/earliest" will stay the same even if there's no precise time that someone can quote back to you.

Poly - Spring Break this year. Seems like there should be some kind of consistency. I mean, they are bound to know the schedules. Cities do this all the time with buses and subways. Why can't Disney post meaningful transportation schedules? Anyway, if anyone has recent experience, that would be very helpful.

Poly - Spring Break this year.
MK - Walk if you feel like getting the steps in, otherwise the resort monorail is probably your best bet
Epcot - Walk to the TTC and take the Epcot monorail from there
HS - Bus
AK - Bus

I mean, they are bound to know the schedules. Cities do this all the time with buses and subways. Why can't Disney post meaningful transportation schedules? Anyway, if anyone has recent experience, that would be very helpful.
1. Walt Disney World isn't a city. New York serves 2 million commuters daily. The Magic Kingdom serves 50,000.

2. City transportation schedules don't fluctuate a huge amount. The second Tuesday in April looks a lot like third Thursday in October on city public transit. That is not the case at Walt Disney World.

MK - Walk if you feel like getting the steps in, otherwise the resort monorail is probably your best bet
Epcot - Walk to the TTC and take the Epcot monorail from there
HS - Bus
AK - Bus

What time, in order to beat the crowds but not end up standing there in the dark with nothing happening? :-D

What time, in order to beat the crowds but not end up standing there in the dark with nothing happening? :-D
There's no such thing.

In order to beat the crowds, you must stand there with nothing happening. There's no "get there at exactly the right time," because other people are going to show up way too early. In order to beat them, you have to show up way-too-earlier. It's a collective action problem.

@Tara8595 welcome to Disney where about all you're going to get is a definitive maybe. @CaptainAmerica is 100% right in is responses. I understand you want it in black & white but this information is about as much as you're going to get, "buses, monorails and boats—generally operate from 45 minutes before a theme park’s opening time..." So if you want to be ready an hour before you are probably good to go.

What time, in order to beat the crowds but not end up standing there in the dark with nothing happening?

Park times varies based on time of year and they might also offer early entry to those staying at certain Disney properties. You want to be among the first in line, but you don't want to stand around waiting? I don't think you can have it both ways at Disney. Probably hundreds of other people also want to be among the first in line. You have probably already noticed that in the 20 yrs you have belonged to this forum.

Seems like there should be some kind of consistency. I mean, they are bound to know the schedules. Cities do this all the time with buses and subways. Why can't Disney post meaningful transportation schedules?
Because Disney Transport does not run on a schedule. It's planned week-by-week based on expected demand, and is modified as demand changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter