Delete Thread

The bus situation is so strange... Makes me not want to stay at the Swan or Dolphin...

I am very intrested in your Sea World visit. I really haven't had any desire to go.

xAsv40Hl.jpg

Josh's shirt! I love it. This is a great picture of you both with Groot!

During our time on the dance floor there was another dance battle, a drunk lady fell over pulling her boyfriend down with her, a guy twerked, an employee did some breakdancing, and a group of people threw dollar bills at each other. I still think it's very strange that Disney closed down all the night clubs when they changed this to DS, only to open what is basically another night club. (Nothing against clubs although I'm not really a club person, I just think that's strange). Right before we left a lady came up to us started dancing with us, asked me to hold her drink (then asked if I wanted any which I declined), before kissing both of us on the cheek and walking away.

This is hysterical. I've never seen a more entertaining dance floor. I'm not sure twerking is on theme, though :scratchin LOL! Speaking of theme, I love the idea of The Edison!

I went to Pleasure Island when it still existed, and I was 19 so couldn't go in the 21 and up clubs, but the other ones were laaaaaaame. Everyone was twice our age and there were only a handful of people in the ones my friend and I went to. Also, my friend had dark hair in her driver's license picture and was blondish when we went and security almost didn't let her into the area with the clubs. We wouldn't have missed much :rotfl: We weren't old enough to get into Mannequins, which was supposed to be the "cool" club, but we felt like we had to go see what the big deal was with Pleasure Island.

I also stopped in a shop and found some fuzzy Rudolph PJ pants for only $10! :hyper:

i love fuzzy pj pants! i love only paying $10!!

I'm excited to see all the penguin petting pictures!!

The more you pay, the more you share buses always seemed a weird way to go to me.
Super weird! :confused3

:laughing:

I went to ask him why he skipped the Dolphin, and he said "after a certain time there's only one stop for the Swan/Dolphin". I said "so the Swan stop was the Dolphin stop?" He looked irritated and snapped yes.
:confused: That makes no sense - and certainly not without a primer for guests unaware of this. Also... we're DISers, it's not like we're out of touch with type of thing!

If you've seen the trailer for Aquaman, there's a part when he's a kid and touches the glass in an aquarium, and is able to communicate with the fish. I'm pretty sure that's what this little boy was doing too :rotfl:
:rotfl:

HOW COOL! Can't wait to hear about your experience with this! :thumbsup2

:confused: That makes no sense - and certainly not without a primer for guests unaware of this. Also... we're DISers, it's not like we're out of touch with type of thing!

Yeah, it's not something I thought they did at all. I'm just wondering how they expected anyone to know if they don't tell anyone (which is what makes me think he maybe made that up).

Did you say SPOOKY??? HECK YES I'M READY.

I loved your thorough review on some other Seaworld options! I've never wanted to go, but now that I know the eggs hatch in January and we might be back in Orlando in spring... :rolleyes: That does suck about the photo meets. That's always, always my biggest worry about meeting characters/pictures, which is why I'm grateful Disney tends to be cool about it. But to outright ignore y'all grinds my gears.

Also, the otters are adorable. Okay, whatever, now I'm looking into Seaworld

I'm just wondering how they expected anyone to know if they don't tell anyone (which is what makes me think he maybe made that up).
Yeah, it really does sound like he was just making stuff up :sad2:

This little one loved Josh despite his angry looking eyebrows:
:rotfl: He really does have angry looking eyebrows, doesn't he?!

Ah look at this puffy one outside the area it's so adorably plump :lovestruc

xM2lli5l.jpg
Reminds me of my cat :laughing:

Finally it was time for Clyde and Seamore's Christmas show! I recorded some of it, but here's some pics:
I haven't been to SeaWorld in 20 years, but one of my fondest memories is from this show!

The only thing was we felt kind of judged for being adults with express tickets?
Ugh, I hate that. Sometimes I feel that way being solo at Disney...

The pass also includes a meet with Santa, which we weren't planning to do, and is good for up to 4 people in a line so after we were done I saw a family with 2 little girls wearing matching outfits and I gave them our pass for the Santa meet.
Awww I bet you made their whole night! And the parents' too!

My dad took us to see it on Father's Day, but my brother was maybe 11-12, and my dad didn't realize how inappropriate some of the humor in it was so he ended up spending half the movie covering my brother's ears :rotfl:
:rotfl2:

The penguin tour looked nice! Very Happy Feet esq!

If you love sea lions, you’ll love La Jolla!

To our disappointment most the photo ops were for their Photokey only. We waited in line and went into a giant snowglobe one only to find that out. This picture was taken by some nice people who were walking by and saw us trying to take a selfie
That’s so annoying! At least with Disney they do photos with their regular cameras!

The pass also includes a meet with Santa, which we weren't planning to do, and is good for up to 4 people in a line so after we were done I saw a family with 2 little girls wearing matching outfits and I gave them our pass for the Santa meet. I figured Santa was probably a lot busier, so I hope it made their night a little easier.
That was nice!

The penguin tour looked nice! Very Happy Feet esq!

It was a really fun tour!

If you love sea lions, you’ll love La Jolla!

Ooo yes I'm excited that's one the places we're going in April/May.

That’s so annoying! At least with Disney they do photos with their regular cameras!

Yeah, most places still will take a regular picture too. They did them in most spots, but there were these special little photo op things that I guess we're just for their photokey.

Good lookin' couple!

if you remember that TR we ended up canceling the rental because it was over $200 for one day

Oh, I do remember that! Glad it didn't end up being like that this time.

Villa Zoryada was the summer home of an eccentric millionaire from Boston, built in 1883 and based on the design of a 12th century Spanish palace. From what we saw inside it also seemed like it was used as a hotel and golf club at some point in the early 1900's.

Cool! This is a neat place to stop.

there was a cursed rug from Egypt (hung on the wall luckily because I would be the person to accidentally step on it if not)

Now I thought you were only a trouble-maker at Disney, but apparently it's everywhere!! :lmao:

When I look up things to do on vacation I'll google "weird + the area" :rotfl: .

This is such a cool picture!

:laughing: Josh looks very appropriate under this sign.

I put on jeans while we were there, although it was kind of hot, I just didn't want to deal with mosquitos when we did the Night Lights tour.

That's smart.

The one terrible thing about this was the family in our trolley. It was a family of about 20 who apparently did this every year. We had to wait an extra 10 mins for half of the family. There were a lot of teenagers in the family, and everyone was very loud and obnoxious like they had the trolley to themselves. (I think they may have planned to have one to themselves since there were 2, but we had sat down in the same one not realizing so some of their family sat in the first one and they just screamed to them). Half the family was soaking wet (not sure why they had been standing in the rain instead of under the roof outside, one lady was literally just walking around in her wet socks without her shoes on :crazy2:). The other half was trying not to get wet, so when one girl tried to squeeze into a row with some of the others and they didn't want to move closer to the side a family spat started with everyone trying to guilt everyone into sitting with specific people. Once we got going they sang and yelled at the top of their lungs the whole ride. The driver kept playing the Chipmunks song (I think he was trying to annoy them into being quiet), but they just screamed all the words until he played something else.

Oh my gosh, they sound like the worst kind of people! Having fun with a family tradition is one thing, but I hate when people aren't considerate of the other people around them. You're not the only ones who matter on this tour, weird giant family!!

Overall though, it sounds like a pretty fun day in St. Augustine. I'm going to have to try your strategy of googling weird things to do next time we go somewhere :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter