• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Delta Airlines ... yuck!

redzinner

Me Wants the Medianoche!
Delta has me a tad aggravated. I booked awhile back with Delta to Dublin because they had good rates but also they had the plane configuration I wanted; a 767 with 2-3-2 seating arrangement. This was more important than the rate. They have switched equipment to a 757 with a 3-3 seating and I'm more than mildly miffed. They also took me (us) from mid plane to the very back. Of course I have no recourse since they have the right to do anything they want as long as they get me there. It's just that you as a customer purchase a seat in good faith and the bozos do whatever. Just had to vent. I've called 3 times and written twice and always in nice but firm language but I'm stuck and I really hate it. Last time with Delta for me. :headache:

Delta has me a tad aggravated. I booked awhile back with Delta to Dublin because they had good rates but also they had the plane configuration I wanted; a 767 with 2-3-2 seating arrangement. This was more important than the rate. They have switched equipment to a 757 with a 3-3 seating and I'm more than mildly miffed. They also took me (us) from mid plane to the very back. Of course I have no recourse since they have the right to do anything they want as long as they get me there. It's just that you as a customer purchase a seat in good faith and the bozos do whatever. Just had to vent. I've called 3 times and written twice and always in nice but firm language but I'm stuck and I really hate it. Last time with Delta for me. :headache:

Unfortunately all airlines are do this or are starting to do it. Jet Blue never used to alter the schedules but now with reduced loads they are even moving flights and equitment around.

I think this is the first post I've ever made in the ABD sub-forum, but I saw this in the forum listing and I just had to post.

1. This belongs in the Transportation board.
2. You agreed in the contract of carriage to the purchase you made, there were no guarantees provided for aircraft, time, seat, etc.

I don't understand your energy or anger, at all. I could understand being minimally disappointed, but nothing more. Obviously the airline found that they didn't need to use the plane they originally needed, or possibly the plane that was normally used for the route is now been placed out of service either now and will be still out of service at the time of your flight or will be out of service during that time for maintenance.

Delta seems to be particularly bad about that. I had a flight where they changed the equipment, and the seat they assigned me to did not exist on the new plane! It got to the point where they changed my itinerary every other week. I'm avoiding Delta if at all possible from now on. I'm so sad they are taking over Northwest, as their system is WAY better than Delta's.

I'd keep calling back, and ask to speak to a supervisor, etc. They can do things for you if they want to enough!

Sayhello

I just wanted to give a recommendation for US Air in the future. They changed a plane for a commuter flight I had to a smaller plane that I was very uncomfortable with. When I called and asked to be placed on an earlier fight with the larger plane, they changed me without question, and did not charge a change fee! I was impressed.

Delta does do this quite often - on our way back from Barcelona last year where we had upgraded to BC with FF miles, they changed planes with fewer BC seats, so too bad for us - back to coach - which is fine, but it was like pulling teeth to get the miles back and what really makes me mad is we had had to pay full economy fair to be able to upgrade - - . Reality is - no airline is perfect and life does go on. Just concentrate on your upcoming trip - it will be great no matter how you get there. (but i do understand the frustration)

Sorry to hear about your problem, It sucks. We know. Lufthansa did the same thing to us on our flight home from Venice. We didn't find out about the equipment change until we got to the airport.

My husband and I are frequent flyers on Delta. Do you have a frequent flyer number. If so, get on their website under frequent flyer itineraries and change your seat.

Grandma Pam

I know how annoying this can be. I have had US Air, United and AirTran all change equipment and therefore change my seats. Most recently on our ABD
trip to London they changed our seats from Row 2 to the row that is in front of the bathroom. I am grateful I watched and caught the change before it was too late.
I find the airline the WORST PART of any vacation.

I think this is the first post I've ever made in the ABD sub-forum, but I saw this in the forum listing and I just had to post.

1. This belongs in the Transportation board.
2. You agreed in the contract of carriage to the purchase you made, there were no guarantees provided for aircraft, time, seat, etc.

I don't understand your energy or anger, at all. I could understand being minimally disappointed, but nothing more. Obviously the airline found that they didn't need to use the plane they originally needed, or possibly the plane that was normally used for the route is now been placed out of service either now and will be still out of service at the time of your flight or will be out of service during that time for maintenance.

Actually, this DOES belong on this board. We are all very involved with *every* aspect of each others' Adventures and we care about all the highs and lows.

Redzinner, it might be worth asking at the gate. I've had some luck with last minute seat changes that way. (of course, I've also ended up out of the frying pan and into the fire a few times too:scared:) I too get frustrated with Delta. It seems like they punish you for booking far ahead, as they make so many changes. :hug:

Think of it this way: Delta's 763s have old, tired and worn interiors and the only think you can watch is what's showing on the main cabin screens. The international 757s have brand-new interiors with video on demand at every seat.

Would you rather have video-on-demand or two asiles?

As long as air travel is soft (with the economy suffering) then you'll see airlines downsizing equipment to better match the demand for a particular city pair. Any airline that has a variety of aircraft in its fleet will do this. I've been able to go online and move my seat from Delta's website. Have you tried that if the back of the plane is so objectionable to you?

I've been able to go online and move my seat from Delta's website. Have you tried that if the back of the plane is so objectionable to you?

The flight is over but yes I tried to change my seat several times. The flight was full. It was a very uncomfortable flight.

For anyone traveling to ABD Ireland choose Aer Lingus. We booked them for our trip home. Lovely, comfortable flight, 2 seats and video on demand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter