• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Delta changing flight schedules as of Dec 1st!!!

Tiffany

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

We have been booked on Delta Express Flight #2451 7am nonstop to Orlando on Feb 1st, 2003 since Aug 17th. We are also booked on Flight #2472 2:25pm nonstop to Boston on Feb 6th, 2003.

Because I like to check to see if our flights are going to be crowded and whether or not the price has gone up or down since we bought our tickets I went online last night and checked my flight details on Delta.com(I am a SkyMiles member) and it listed both of my above flights as confirmed and our seat assignments as confirmed Row 10 D&E. The exit row. It is just the two of us and we always book as far in advance as possible so that we can get the exit row.

I searched Delta and noticed that our flights did not come up but that there were flights with other flight numbers leaving at the same time.:confused: So I brought up the master flight schedule for our days and sure enough the flights that we are booked on no longer exist:mad: :mad:

I called Delta and what I was told was that as of this time they were still showing us confirmed on my original flights but that as of Dec 1st the majority of Delta's flight schedule is changing and that I will be contacted. I asked if she could take care of rebooking us now and she stated that she could not as that was done by a special department and that they were doing it in order of date.

She put a note on our reservation that we would like to just be moved to the new 7am flight. Flight #2385 and be given our same seats as the whole reason why we booked so far in advance was so that we would have exit row seats coming and going. I would also like the same thing done coming home just more us to the new flight number but give us the same seats.

Does anyone have any experiance with this? The flight times are almost not changing. The flight down right now is 7am leave BOS 10:12am land at MCO and the new flight with new flight number is 7am leave BOS 10:25am land MCO and the return flight is just a five minute difference.

Any advice will be greatly appricated. Can I ask to speak with the "special" rebooking area before they call me? Has anyone had this happen to them before? HELP!!!!
:mad:

USair just went through a major over haul with their schedules. Because of all the financial problems alot of the airlines are condensing flights so it is more economical for them.
We were lucky (so far) our flight numbers stayed the same but our flight down leaves 15 minutes earlier and the flight home leaves 30 minutes later.
I had booked aisle seats for my son and I because I hate being crunched in the middle. When they changed things around one of us had a window seat the other a middle seat.
Hopefully you will be able to get the seats you want.

Thanks helenk. What has me so upset is that I could have booked on AA which has the more leg room for all flights and we would have had I not been able to book the exit row on Delta Express. We have been flying Delta Express for years and have never had any issues. I now that all of the airlines are hurting financially, but why change the flight numbers and have to rebook everyone if the times are only changing by a few minutes. They always twek their flights times by 5 to 10 mins but flight numbers never change.

Does anyone know why the flight numbers are changing?

There is an update on the Delta Flight Changes out of BOS to MCO it appears that the 7am flight #2451 is gone and is now being replaces with flight #2385 also leaving at 7am but somehow landing about 13mins later at 10:25am.

The 2:25pm flight #2472 out of MCO to BOS has now been changed to flight #2402 and even though this flight now leaves 5 minutes later at 2:30pm it is only landing one minute later at 5:30pm.

So the good news is the times are not really effected and I was able to confirm that we kept our seat assignments:D :D :D but the flight numbers are not even close. So heads up to anyone flying Delta Express out of BOS to Orlando.

I have two Delta itineraries coming up -- one in late Feb./ early March and the other one in late April. When I saw your thread, I went online to check my itinerary. (I usually do so every couple weeks when I book really early, so I was due to check anyway.)

Well, sure enough, practically my whole itinerary was changed. Different flight numbers, different times, and of course no seat assignments on the new flights. I realize that this can happen when I book way in advance, but I've never had so many changes at once. So I just got off the phone with Delta. I got a very nice customer service rep that helped me get new seat assignments. In one case, I even had to change flights. The new itinerary had left me with only 19 min. to change planes at Cincinnati. So I had to take a later flight, which means a 2 hr. 20 min. layover. Oh well, that's better than getting an ulcer worrying about making my connecting flight. (That one is the Sun. after Easter, returning from Fla., so it's a zoo.)

This is the second time that my Feb. itinerary has changed, so I won't be shocked if more changes are ahead. At least I got rock bottom prices on both sets of tickets, so I don't mind a little inconvenience in return. ;)

Glad your situation worked out well. Let's hope that both of us have no major adjustments ahead of us! :D

oh man I'd better check mine Leaving BOS 11/29 flying back on 12/08 however to TPA ... brb and let you know if mine have changed as well.. Michelle

edit to say

well outbound is still the same but return is times have changes so slightly ( 5 mins earlier. ) price has fallen since i checked last
(was up to 398.50 now at 196.50 - I paid 154.50 )

Tiffany,

Thanks for the information. We always catch the 7am flight out of Boston and either come back on the 2:25pm or 4:30pm flight. We won't be going back until June and have been watching the fares to see if they will go down before I purchase. Now, I'll also have to keep my eye on the flight numbers.

Annmarie

Yes, we have experience with this!

Last year Delta Express cut from three daily flights to one Columbus-Orlando. Fortunately we got on the one flight and the time was even better than the original.

This year we were again fortunate, but not thanks to Delta. They terminated the Delta Express operation in Columbus completely as of Nov 1. They "replaced" it with Chautauqua Airlines flying tiny Embraer commuter planes. We weren't interested and had our tickets refunded. Two days later we bought bargain tickets on America West and saved over $200.

Delta made schedule changes on October 1, and as the OP said more changes are coming December 1. So it looks like it is assessing the situation every 60 days, for those holding Delta tickets (this also includes its wholly owned subsidiaries such as ASA and Comair).

Oh man...... I just booked last week for our trip in Aug. Got exactly the times I wanted, the seats we wanted, direct flight. I'm sure the fare will go below $199 but I've never gotten fares lower that $240, so figured...go ahead book it now. Yah, right. Now something else to obsess over. I also check all the time, and did notice that the flight time, going down, changed by 40 minutes and one flight was deleted entirely. Have to say tho, that 2:30 flight to Logan looks like everyone in the world is on it!! We're booked on the 8:20 and returning at 4:30. Hope it stays like that. But, will be watching now!! THanks for the heads-up.

We made our Delta flight arrangements out of Hartford way back in March or April for our December trip.

Sure enough, I got a call from Delta a week or so ago telling us it was being changed.

The flight down is only 5 minutes later, but the flight back is an hour earlier.:(

My biggest concern was on the return flight. A friend of DD's is joining us mid-trip and flying back with us. The Delta agent did check to see that her flight/seat remained the same and it's fine. I had visions of her being on a different flight.:eek:

Just for everyone's information, I was told (by Delta) that if your flight times change by more than 90 minutes, you can get a refund on your tickets. There may be other reasons for a refund, and you can always ask.

You can also sign up for email notifications hwever a change is made. They wills end notification to any address that can receive email so even a PDA or cell phone with email capabilities can get this info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter